Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2014, 05:47 AM   #1
WDW
Winnebago Watcher

2015 / 2014 Trend

So we are on edge of buying Trend L model. Awesome test drive, I had S nagging question about where the coach batteries were located.

After downloading the owners manual Winnebago site I discovered there is an excess compartment underneath the rig where you have to go to check the coach batteries.

Be on the challenge of this is anyone experienced how this set up the works?

Do you have any feedback on how the continuous water flow shower this working?

If anyone has a picture about the basement storage that would be great if you could be shared.

For everyone else's benefit the raid drives fantastically with this front wheel drive pro master vehicle base.

What price point is anyone seen these rigs sold? I think I have a dealer in about 76k but I'm thinking I should be able to do two or $3000 better than that.

HELP!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

The 2015 Trend / Viva! models have access to the coach battery located between the cab seats. I have read there is room to add a second battery.

There are photos of the basement storage and a video here: New 2015 Itasca Viva 23L Motor Home Class C at Lichtsinn Motors Forest City Iowa Lichtsinn Motors

There are 2014's on RV Trader for $69,900.

You can get around 25% off MSRP for a 2015. There seem to be plenty out there so dealers should be willing to deal.
bobcat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Trend / Itasca Viva Yahoo Group -- feel free to ask questions there as well.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Viva-Trend/info
Old 09-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat66 View Post
The 2015 Trend / Viva! models have access to the coach battery located between the cab seats. I have read there is room to add a second battery.:
I don't believe that there is access from inside for the house battery.
See the photo from the owner's manual, page 6-7:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/resource...14/14Trend.pdf

I have had email discourse with Winnebago regarding room for a 2nd house battery adjacent to the existing battery, and they say that there is room.

The chassis battery access is from a panel inside the cab at the driver's feet. See the photo from the owner's manual, page 6-8.

Regards

Travelling With Black Labrador Retriever
szn8tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

There is an access door for the coach battery. You can confirm this with a dealer who has a 2015.

That link is to the 2014 Trend manual with a 2013 copyright date. The access door was a running production line change. Since there were no other changes from 2014 to 2015 I doubt they would revise the manual for such a minor change in the grand scheme of things.

The 2014 first became available around Feb 2014 so any changes for MY 2015 units, available only a few months later, would be expected to be minor.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat66 View Post
There is an access door for the coach battery. You can confirm this with a dealer who has a 2015.

That is good news Bobcat. Where in the floor is the access door? Seems like it would be about under the dinette table on the 23B? Just basing on the chassis diagrams.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

My question via email to Winnebago:
Comments: Can you confirm a change for 2015 vs 2014 for the Trend/Viva?
I heard that there is now access to the house battery from inside the vehicle.
Can you tell me where the hatch is? Do you have a photo or drawing? The on-line manual still shows access only from below the coach.

The response from Winnebago:
Thank you for your inquiry. There has not been a change to access the battery from the interior of the coach.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:21 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

The individual at WGO may be wrong. The quote below is from my friend who looked at a 2015 Trend recently at the dealer in Forest City, 1 mile from the WGO factory:

"The coach battery was inside between and back of the driver and passenger seats. The coach battery is an AGM. When I was at Licthsinn, we lifted up the floor mat in the cab area and voila there was the coach battery."

Guess you will just need to go look at one.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:24 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Unfortunately what my friend saw under the floor mat was access to the chassis battery, not the coach battery. Good news -- there is room for a second coach battery. Below is the response I received from the Trend / Viva Product Manager when I inquired about battery access:

"The chassis battery is located under the floor mat in front of the driver. The coach battery is located under the floor and is accessible from beneath the coach- midway center. The coach battery is a maintenance free, sealed AGM (glass matt) battery and should not require access for the owner. This is the same for 14 and 15. Yes, there is space for a second battery."