Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2019, 08:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2014 view 24G

Hello,
My wife and I are full-timers (5 yrs) in Mobile Suite. While we are very happy with it, there many places a 40’ 5th wheel isn’t practical. So we have purchased a 2014 View Profile which we are anxious to learn about. Hopefully, we will be sufficiently comfortable with it to make a trip to Alaska next year.
We look forward to learning from your experience.

Mike & Debbie
MikeK54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:52 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to Winnie Owners, we are glad you joined us.

When you have the time, completing a signature with the year make and model for your RV can help others to help you if and when you need it. And you can do that here;

http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/p...=editsignature

P.S. You can copy ours.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:54 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Welcome!

Ask your questions.

Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 04:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hi all,
I have a 2015 view 24G. We are considering adding new shocks made by Fox 2.5. It is suppose to help with back and forth sway and handling when Trucks pass. Has anyone used this successfully? Or does anyone have a different solution for this problem?
mlowry100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:21 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlowry100 View Post
Hi all,
I have a 2015 view 24G. We are considering adding new shocks made by Fox 2.5. It is suppose to help with back and forth sway and handling when Trucks pass. Has anyone used this successfully? Or does anyone have a different solution for this problem?
Welcome! It would take a volume to explain my thoughts about the "physics" involved. The executive summary is that you (we have!) a vehicle that has the aerodynamics of a barn. Wind loadings on barns can/will be fantastic and that affects the handling.

These RVs have a high, rearward center of mass. Sort of like a ship. They can be inherently unstable under certain conditions.

Both of these situations (and a couple of others) cause body steer.

A couple of easy things to do. Reduce speed in windy, gusty conditions. In really high winds and unstable conditions.....park it.

Tire sidewalls are part of the suspension. Suggest following the placard recommendations on the driver's door sill. 61 PSI F & R @ max GVWR. No higher and siege you are usually not at GVWR, two, three or 4 psi below that. You want some sidewall flex.

After a lot of thought, I worked stepwise to my solution. First, Sumo Solo/springs to replace the factory bump stops around 5K miles. The standard ones. These will also greatly reduce the rocking when stationary. After a few thousand more miles, front Sumos. The light duty ones (blue color). More stability and more resistance to buffering. More roll resistance.

The larger problem is the side to side rocking when entering or exiting driveways, diagonal swales or sharp low speed turns. At 15K, I replaced the OEM rear shocks with Koni FSD 8805-1056. Now, the side to side rolling motion that would increase in amplitude for several seconds is significantly reduced and quickly damped.

These vehicles are not sports cars, SUVs or trucks. Considering their size and weight (5 tons +) they don't handle all that badly. Drive gracefully. Slow down in adverse conditions and brake in straight lines...
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 03:20 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I have the same rig. I would recommend Agile Off Road Tuned Shocks. They eliminated the rocking driving off of uneven surfaces. Agile recommends no change to stock sway bar. See the change before doing anything else.

After that maybe add blue Sumos on the front. I have rear Sumos and considering removing them.