Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #1

2011 View 24K sewer hose storage

We LOVE our View but...There is no storage on this thing!

Any ideas as to how to store the sewer hose? There is no back bumper to attach one of those pvc storage tubes and I don't want to use the only decent sized storage that we need for our chairs.

I was actually thinking of attaching one of those pvc tubes to the hitch but would need something else if we tow anything or get a hitch mounted bike carrier or cargo carrier.
farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Friend of mine attached the PVC under the body rearward of the axel. Not the same model that you have so I do not know if you have the ground clearence available.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We bought the Camco RhinoFlex hose set at Wlmart and stored it right in the WetBay of our View. It compresses much better than standard hose and has caps on both ends to keep things clean and neat.
We stored our potable water hose in a different compartment.

Storage in the View is very tight, we had the 24J model and had a large storage bay under the bed which helped a great deal.

Good Luck with the View, it is an awesome class C with incredible fuel mileage.
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

If you have room in the wet bay why not leave the hose there? I also have a Rhinoflex and just leave it connected, coil it up, and cap the other end.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by farley View Post
We LOVE our View but...There is no storage on this thing!

Any ideas as to how to store the sewer hose? There is no back bumper to attach one of those pvc storage tubes and I don't want to use the only decent sized storage that we need for our chairs.

I was actually thinking of attaching one of those pvc tubes to the hitch but would need something else if we tow anything or get a hitch mounted bike carrier or cargo carrier.
I don't know if this will be helpful to you, but on our 2011 24K I store the sewer hose in the last compartment on the passenger side to the left of the generator. I have caps for each end and make sure they are clean before storing in a large plastic bag. I carry a 20' and a 10'in this bay and it works nicely. When on the road I store the two lawn chairs between the slideout and drivers seat. Out of the way and accessible when we reach the campground.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2010 View 24K, here's some pictures of our sewer hose holder.
Warren
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1622.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	23681   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1623.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	23682  

Name:	100_1625.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	23683   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1626.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	23684  

2010 View 24K
warrenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #7

Warren,
Thanks for the pictures! Did you get your own PVC pipe and ends or is that a commercially available set up? Looks pretty simple. I think I'll give it a try!
farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I bought the parts at home depot years ago and used it on a previous motor home. So all I did was give it a black paint job when we got the View.

2010 View 24K
warrenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

My storage pipe is across the rear underside of an Adventurer, but I used a 3' diameter pvc irrigation pipe which has a series of about 1/2"' holes along its length. Installed with the holes down, it keeps the hose dry, and greatly increases its life. Instead of caps, I drilled opposing 5/16 holes in each end, and retain the hose inside with 3 1/2" x 1/4" carridge bolts and wing nuts.. As you tighten the nots, it will distort the pipe slightly, keeping the nut tight...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

I know I am late to this post but have just begun wondering where and how to store the sewer hose on our rig, did a search and came here.

The place provided in our rig is way too small. I found plenty of ideas by doing a Google Search "rv sewer hose storage" with links and pictures. For those yet to ask the question.

Greytraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

There are many good ideas on the Web, but my inexpensive and simple solution was to buy a plastic bin with a lid from Walmart that is large enough to hold all of my waste water hoses and fittings but small enough to fit in one of my under-coach storage compartments. Any of the hoses that I've used get a good washing before being put away. So far that has worked for me.
lewisedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:39 AM   #12

I just finished my under body storage holder last night. I used a 5" vinyl fence post for the holder and a 4" vinyl rain gutter for the slide out drawer that holds the hoses along with the necessary accessories.

Name:	image-2575132452.jpg
Views:	3075
Size:	480.3 KB
ID:	25567

Here's a photo of the finished product right before I mounted it to the motorhome. The nice thing is it is long enough to store the sewer flange fitting, elbow and two 10' hoses with room to spare.
Winnebeater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage