Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class B Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

It is good to be conscious of what you are driving. Stay to the left of the turn lane when making right hand turns. Be very careful when maneuvering in gas stations and turning corners in camp grounds where there may be trees or posts. It will soon become second nature. When in doubt have your wife get out and watch. You won't run into many situations on highways and streets, mostly gas stations, campgrounds and some parking lots.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

I just towed back my little 18' travel trailer to the dealer early. Between the truck (19 feet) and the trailer I'm already at 37 feet AND I had to deal w/ the whole towing thing. The trailer I was GOING to buy would have put me at 44 feet.

32.5' should be no big deal; its just looking at that rear overhang too long you start to question everything you felt you had a handle on. That's why I had to go back out and make myself feel better.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:05 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

A few short hours from now I'll be bringing her home. She'll sit in the driveway for a few days why we begin to load her up. We already have a RV storage slip already paid for; its pull through and has a roof. Ponied up the extra 10 bucks/mo to get the roof figuring it would be better for the UV wear and tear as well as keeping a goodly chunk of the rain off it.

Getting pretty psyched about it.