Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2018, 12:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

PASEO ? Any other Paseo owners in here ?

I've had my new PASEO for 7 months now. Wondering if there are any other PASEO owners here who would like to share experiences or issues or whatever ?
Old 02-19-2018, 07:21 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Just saw the thread on this new Forum.
I asked the Mods to bring my thread over from IRV2.
BADD ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADD ANDY View Post
Just saw the thread on this new Forum.
I asked the Mods to bring my thread over from IRV2.
Were they able to bring your thread over ? Is that the one with your mods ? That would be a great thread to have in the forum.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Orange View Post
Were they able to bring your thread over ? Is that the one with your mods ? That would be a great thread to have in the forum.
No, this forum is dead anyways.
BADD ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hmmm, yeah, unfortunately I've noticed it to be a dead zone.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:48 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

2017 Paseo (new to forum)

Just have a problem with the nova kool frig not cooling. Stops and starts intermittently. Anyone else with this problem ?
hwybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwybrad View Post
Just have a problem with the nova kool frig not cooling. Stops and starts intermittently. Anyone else with this problem ?
Yep, the power module is bad and gets hung up between the AC mode and the DC mode. Which is the weird thing with this because there is no AC being fed into it, only DC. So anyway, contact NovaKool and give them the info on your RV and they will send you a new module. Depending on how handy you are, you may be able to replace it yourself. I did mine in about 3 hours start to finish (and that was with me redoing the wiring harness). As you see in the pic, there is no AC feed on the new module as there was on the original. Bottom pic shows original module (which for some reason turned sideways).
This is the guy at NovaKool who fixed me up with my new module : [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paseo Refrigerator Module (69).jpg
Views:	216
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	170090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Paseo Refrigerator Module (68).jpg
Views:	212
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	170091  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paseo Refrigerator Module (43).jpg
Views:	214
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	170092  
Old 08-30-2018, 01:22 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
I've had my new PASEO for 7 months now. Wondering if there are any other PASEO owners here who would like to share experiences or issues or whatever ?
We have a 2017 Paseo
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:00 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I was wondering if there are engine options for the Paseo? I’m not sure it’s available in the 5 cyl Powerstroke diesel, but is there options for different gas engines.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:30 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

When I purchased a 2017 Paseo the only engine available was the Ford 3.5L eco boost. This engine was one of the reasons why I decided to go with the Paseo. It is a pleasure to drive.
Jamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 06:02 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Hi, I am a brand new (two days ago) Paseo owner. Just drove it 1100 miles from purchase in Albuquerque to St. Louis. We're getting to know one another. Seems delightful. Ron in St. Louis. And, I don't quite understand this forum and have a difficult time finding messages and replies. I did ask a question a couple days ago about whether full winterizing with antifreeze was necessary or simply draining and blowing out the system. Someone replied with the blow-out method and I can't find him to thank him. I'll be using it a couple weeks a month (going only south in the winter) and then storing it outside but covered here in STL. It can get in the tens and twenties for a week or two at a time here. Big issue for paranoid me. Bests, Ron
Rgossen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 06:06 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Hmmm, yeah, unfortunately I've noticed it to be a dead zone.
The question will be how to find replies.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:13 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgossen View Post
The question will be how to find replies.
I use the "thread tools" function and activate the "Subscribe To This Thread".
Old 11-09-2020, 02:13 PM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

I've done many modifications to my 2017 Paseo. One the most noticeable changes was to greatly improve the suspension system. This began with replacing the stock anti-sway bar with a Hellwig bar which significantly improved its cornering ability. Next was to install Sumo Springs both front and rear. This helped to tighten things up. Next was to replace the rear shocks with custom tuned Fox shocks and replace the front stock struts with Bilstein B6 front struts. It is a pleasure to drive now and almost no noticeable lateral movement when next to tractor trailers or in very windy conditions.
Saunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:24 PM   #15
Winnebago Watcher

The first time that I winterized the Paseo was to use air. Unfortunately a small amount of water was trapped in the shower mixing valve and it cracked the plastic housing so when I repressurized the system it leaked and had to be replaced. Having learned my lesson I now use rv anti-freeze without any freezing issues.
Saunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:50 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for that advice (my compressor from Amazon just arrived). Being in St. Louis, we don't get really terrible (like Wisconsin) freezes, but we can be below freezing for a week straight. I'm planning to use my Winnie for a couple weeks every month, always going south. I think I must be in a strange situation as there is no covered climate controlled storage, so I'll need to winterize, de-winterize, winterize...yada, yada. I am NOT mechanical. I'm looking for an RV mechanic that can do it for me a few times till I understand it and can do it myself, if I choose, through the winter.
Otherwise, my Paseo (called "Paco") seems a dream. Thanks for your answer and support.
Ron in St. Louis
Old 11-09-2020, 08:17 PM   #17
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Looks to be a rather rare unit. Perhaps that’s why the lack of followers?
Old 11-11-2020, 07:04 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

The Paseo wasn’t a very popular model. I do t think it had anything to do with quality, but more towards pricing. Winnebago needed a Ford product to accommodate Ford buyers. IMO Ford didn’t discount the Transit as much as the Sprinters and Promaster. Notice they don’t offer the Fuse any longer, and it was a Transit, although it came as a diesel and it had some issues. I would have bought the Paseo when I bought my Travato, but the price was way more than I wanted to pay. It’s still a nice unit though.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote