Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Newbie, here. It is my understanding that, prior to the Outlook in 2006, there is a Minnie and a Minnie Winnie, correct? What are the differences between a Minniw and a Minniw Winne? Pros and cons to each? We are looking for a 2004 or 2005 used, and now I've gotten myself confused over the model nomenclature. Thanks for your help

John in Sacramento
John95683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Newbie, here. It is my understanding that, prior to the Outlook in 2006, there is a Minnie and a Minnie Winnie, correct? What are the differences between a Minniw and a Minniw Winne? Pros and cons to each? We are looking for a 2004 or 2005 used, and now I've gotten myself confused over the model nomenclature. Thanks for your help

John in Sacramento
Old 02-16-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

John:

Welcome the the Winnebago Owners forum. Hopefully, someone with more info. about the Minnie Winnies will come along and answer your questions.

You can go to the Winnebago Industries web site and get information from prior model years..

www.winnebagoind.com
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

John - Welcome! You'll find lots of helpful folks here. In general terms, I think the Minnie Winnie is considered more upscale (and more expensive). There are more floorplans available in the Minnie line. Like smlranger said, the best bet is to go to the Winnebago site, click on "Products" at the top, then click on "Prior Year..." in the left column. There are complete downloadable brochures there with specs, floorplans, etc. Happy shopping - you'll love it!
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your replies. I've checked the Winnebago site, and it's a liitle hard to tell, but it looks like the Minnie Winnie has a full basement. Is that right?
Old 02-16-2007, 04:23 PM   #6

John,
I honestly don't think that Winnebago has a "Minnie Winnie" any longer. Back in the "70s" there was an actual "Minnie Winnie". It had the name Minnie Winnie on the side of it. It was approx 16-18 foot long and was square and boxy. Not a class C look but more of a class A design. I don't know when they actually stopped production of it, but looking at the website now, they are calling all class C's minnie winnies.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #7

Maybe it was a class C, but I swear they had one that had the flat front of a class A:
Here's an 80. If you look hard enough, you can make out minnie winnie on the rear.

http://www.cmrvs.com/80winnie/80winnie.htm
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:22 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Minnie Winnie is an upscale Minnie and both are actual decal and name monikers. Of the somewhere about 2000-2005 vintage. The Minnie line was only a class C during that era. Winnebago changed the name of this line citing that the name "Minnie" just did not convey a "maxi" rig. Marketing, go figure. I thought the name very attractive.
If by "full" basement you mean a passthru basement (access completely across/through the rig) be aware that NO class C can ever have a full passthru basement due to the center driveshaft further complicated by the chassis rail design. All class C and even several class A have storage compartments that only go from the sidewall to the first frame rail not a true full/passthru basement. Some class C have a full passthru at the very rear of the unit.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:21 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We owned a 2005 Winnie. It is a class C and is the least expensive one. They changed the name to Outlook in 2006 because of the confusion between the Minnie and the Minnie Winnie. The MW is the upscale model with full upgrades likethe full basement. It sits higher too. Both are very nice vehicles and the winnie and or outlook I think are the best sellers in the class C style.
campernut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:57 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

I think the Minnie is shorter than the Minnie Winnie. We test drove a 2004 Minnie and liked it but not the price. Decided to buy new.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I had a 1994 Minnie Winnie which was a 29.5 ft class C on a Ford E350 chassis with the 460 CI V8. I believe the Minnine Winnie model (Class C) was available from the early 90's into the late 90's and the only ones I have seen were class C models.
Roadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

The Minnie Winnie is a class C as is the Minnie. Minnie Winnie is a bit more up scale and had a full basement, where the Minnie did not. Minnie Winnie also came in a Minnie Winnie DL which had a bit more stuff as standard.

We had a 1999 Minnie Winnie DL which we throughly enjoyed.

Ken
Old 02-25-2007, 04:54 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Hi all,

I have a 1999 Minnie Winnie DL and find it very enjoyable. It also has a slideout which greatly adds to the interior comfort. The DL comes pretty much loaded, and has larger bays than the Minnie. There have been some changes in the last 7 years, but mostly cosmetic things. I've added dome satellite tv, flat screens, and a Prosine 2.o sine wave inverter.

I'm no expert, but it is my understanding that the Minnie Winnie's name was changed to Outlook only last year.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:16 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

As said by others the Minnie and Minnie Winnie are both Class C Motor homes. I almost bought a Minnie Winnie 31C in 2005.

The 2005 Minnie came in sizes from 22 feet to 31 feet. The 2005 Minnie Winnie came in sizes from 28 feet to 31 feet. If I remember correctly the 2005 Minnie Winnie layouts were the same as the Minnie but the Minnie Winnie was a little more costly and was slightly higher end.

One difference I remember between the 2004 and 2005 Minnie 31C and 2004 and 2005 Minnie Winnie 31C was the 2005 Minnie 31C was the Minnie was on a slightly longer chassis than was the Minnie Winnie. Although an interesting fact (to me at the time) it probably does not make much difference.

The towing capability of the 2004 and 2005 Minnie and Minnie Winnie 31C is 5950 pounds but the hitch receiver is rated for 5000 pounds so towing will be limited to 5000 pounds of towed load.

As I said earlier, I liked the 31C, and I almost bought one. I plan of buying a boat that weighs just less than 6000 pounds so I ended up buying a Winnebago Sightseer that is rated to tow up to 8000 pounds although the Sightseer hitch receiver is also limited to 5000 pounds.

If you want any other info on the Winnie or Winnie Minnie feel free to ask. I'll be happy to tell you what I remember when I was thinking of buying one.

Good Luck
JD

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:47 AM   #15
Winnebago Watcher

We have a 2004 Minnie Winnie 27P that has been wonderful for the last 3 years! We've been across the country (while pulling our toad), been to lavish RV resorts, as well as great state and federal campgrounds. We always enjoyed an easy drive while being compact enough to stay pretty much anywhere we wanted to. The Minnie Winnie was the top of line, however they don't make this one anymore due to it's cost!Among the great pluses it has a Sleep Number bed, solar panels, and of course a fantastic entertainment center w/surround sound just to name a few! We only had to add automatic jacks and rear camera and we were good to go. You can't really go wrong with one of these as they drive like a dream and have had no problems that needed shop time (with the exception of a few "new home" adjustments.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #16
GCP
Winnebago Watcher

DO you have the Ford or Chevy chassis? If Ford, is it a 350 or 450? Thanks.
GCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #17
Winnebago Watcher

Sorry! Should have included that - it's a Ford chassis E450 V-10 Triton 6.8L.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:30 PM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Prior to my 04 Adventurer I had a 96 Minnie Winne RQ which was a super coach and had a great floor plan with full basement storage and heated water tank area.
The Minnie Winnie is the deluxe version of the Minnie and as stated befoire the DL is the super deluxe version. Mine was on a Ford chassis with a 460 engine which was great. I don't think in 2005 they had a 460 anymore but went to the v-10.
I would go with the Minnie Winnie and enjoy it but make sure it is on the ford chassis.

Good Luck
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:56 AM   #19
Winnebago Watcher

It's a great coach. That's why we're looking at another Winnebago (class A) to move up to. We love the driveability and integrity of the product!
Old 03-23-2019, 01:36 AM   #20
Winnebago Watcher

Having recently purchased a 2004 Minnie 29b, is there wiring in the rear cap for powering a rear vision camera?
Thanking you in advance.
mbrutlag is offline   Reply With Quote