Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">It's after midnight, kids are in the house sleeping and I am sitting out in the driveway in the Winnie.

We got her back from the dealer today. They did the waxing, scotchguarding and fixed a hydrolic leak (was just a loose connection). So we set her up in the driveway and I brought in the bedding, cleaning supplies and all the other things I had been waiting to load in. All that's left next week before we leave is the food and clothes

We ended up getting some memory foam and a nice, fluffy mattress pad for the cheapo mattress it came with. It's not half bad now. Chad certainly seems to think so since he is sawing logs back there !! I am sitting at the dinette table on the laptop (which is picking up a nice wireless signal from the house). Got the movie "RV" playing and admiring the surround sound. It's a little loud in here because the furnance is on...but it's only 16 degrees outside so have no choice really.

What the heck happened to me ?? A year ago my idea of a great vacation was a cruise or fancy hotel...and now I am like a little kid with a new toy !! Well..I better wake up Chad and turn off the genny. Can't justify the use of propane anymore now that my work here is done, sigh </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">It's after midnight, kids are in the house sleeping and I am sitting out in the driveway in the Winnie.

We got her back from the dealer today. They did the waxing, scotchguarding and fixed a hydrolic leak (was just a loose connection). So we set her up in the driveway and I brought in the bedding, cleaning supplies and all the other things I had been waiting to load in. All that's left next week before we leave is the food and clothes

We ended up getting some memory foam and a nice, fluffy mattress pad for the cheapo mattress it came with. It's not half bad now. Chad certainly seems to think so since he is sawing logs back there !! I am sitting at the dinette table on the laptop (which is picking up a nice wireless signal from the house). Got the movie "RV" playing and admiring the surround sound. It's a little loud in here because the furnance is on...but it's only 16 degrees outside so have no choice really.

What the heck happened to me ?? A year ago my idea of a great vacation was a cruise or fancy hotel...and now I am like a little kid with a new toy !! Well..I better wake up Chad and turn off the genny. Can't justify the use of propane anymore now that my work here is done, sigh </span>

Old 02-09-2007, 11:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Know how you feel Shannone it becomes a different world when your alone and know one to disturb you. You can think of all kinds of things to do to make the coach homey and functional. Have had so many TT and MH's over the years that they all had there place as our extra home and the kids had a great time also.
Good luck with new coach safe travels and many good times.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:13 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Shannone:

Understand the feeling. Our's is parked about 75 yds. from the house, sitting in a nice area with trees, could pass for a campsite in a state park. I often go up, put out the awing, sit and listen to the radio, or tinker with stuff. Sometimes I sit inside and watch TV for a bit or tak a nap. I've built small campfires at times. It's just another place away from other stuff and it helps satisfy the desire to be on the road when I can't.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Good morning Shannone, I too 'get it'. When we had our 1st RV..I did the same thing. When we got our '05 Itasca Horizon, I did it again! In fact, 2 years later I'm still doing it! I think I 'look' for reason to go out to the RV. I am constantly thinking of places we can go 'next' that are close to home so DH won't have to use his vacation days for weekend getaways.

Good luck on your trip next week...be safe and have a blast! Oh, and keep paper and pencil handy for all those things you'll discover that you forgot or will need on future trips. We've been at this since '92 and I'm still finding little things I need...like potato peelers or an extra sponge, dish towels, etc..just little things.

Congratulations, you have beautiful coach!
Jeanne M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:08 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Good morning Shannone,I think I 'look' for reason to go out to the RV. I am constantly thinking of places we can go 'next' that are close to home so DH won't have to use his vacation days for weekend getaways.
Congratulations, you have beautiful coach!

Kenny & Jeanne </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Thank you Jeanne. We like to local camp too but can be tricky with the kids in school and Chad's work schedule. Our solution was to get a membership at a local resort. It's only 10 minutes from home so we can go out and set up while the kids are in school Friday afternoon and then we pick them up and head over and can stay until Sunday evening. It's close enough so that our friends can come hang out with us. They also have dances and special events all year long in the lodge that you can attend, even when not camping. It's really fun. We camped last fall there in our 5th wheel.</span>

Old 02-11-2007, 09:08 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

We've come back from trips of several weeks and ended up staying in the MH a couple of extra days just because we like it so much. Congrats!!
Old 02-18-2007, 04:34 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Yep me too....in the summer,spring and fall we park ours next to our house and have power. Many times I go out there and play around. My neighbor has a 5th wheel and they are next to me just trees in between. We have joked about cutting the trees down so we could build a campfire in between and camp! LOL Enjoy
campernut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:10 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lil'Darlin1972:

I am sitting at the dinette table on the laptop (which is picking up a nice wireless signal from the house). Got the movie "RV" playing and admiring the surround sound. It's a little loud in here because the furnance is on...but it's only 16 degrees outside so have no choice really.

What the heck happened to me ?? A year ago my idea of a great vacation was a cruise or fancy hotel...and now I am like a little kid with a new toy !! Well..I better wake up Chad and turn off the genny. Can't justify the use of propane anymore now that my work here is done, sigh </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just had to write back, we're iin HOWELL NJ and its like ICE AGE here. We're on our 3rd RV it's in the bcak yard next to the house, electric on and cable TV hooked up. I spend a lot of quiet time there. Just saw the movie RV too! Can't wait for the warm weather. What's gonna be worse is the clocks change early this year and our cabin fever is only gonna be worse!
Old 02-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Hey Fossilhog,
You loose power last week??? I was lucky here in Brick. Another good reason to park the RV at the house is the use of the genny if the commercial power goes out.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:47 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
No we didn't lose power for long just a few on and off's. Believe me having the generator in the RV gives peace of mind all year round. We have more losses in the summer around here. This past year I had JCP+L in the neighborhood and campaigned about low voltage. (See my posts about basement a/c) We were havin voltage as low as 98 Volts some times. That's how I learned my basement air failed twice NOT from camping. They came around and swapped some lines and added a few transformers. I had neighbor's who lost appliances due to the low current and here it took an RV to solve the problem.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:19 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Shannone;

You remind me of my wife. Our only hobby is traveling. We don't hunt, fish, gulf etc. We are going to California in March and my DW has calculated the trip miles, gas consumption, time in route, fuel stops, & campsites. She will have the furnace going and have everything organized several days before we leave. We have an attached, unheated garage, and we can go back and forth as we want. We plug in an electric heater to assist the furnace. When we purchased our first MOHO many years ago, we were just like you. We would go out and watch TV and just relax. The novelty has wore off a little over the years but it still is our favorite pastime.

Enjoy it as much as you can as it is a great lifestyle.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:50 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lil'Darlin1972:
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">
What the heck happened to me ?? A year ago my idea of a great vacation was a cruise or fancy hotel...and now I am like a little kid with a new toy !! </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know exactly what you mean. Before we bought our MH, my favorite store was Neiman Marcus. For the next year or so, I only shopped at Camping World. What fun!

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote