Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class B Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-30-2018, 02:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Exclamation ERA 170C Winterization

I just joined so this is my first post. First of all thanks to everyone who posted anything about winterizing the ERA 170C. Anything on the Model C and stuff on the Alde system was especially helpful. Just purchased my 2015. It wasn’t my first RV but it was my first Class B. I just finished winterizing and thought I’d drop a note as a possible helpful hint.

I wasn’t sure about how to winterize the Alde hydronic system so I followed your posts, operator's/supplement manuals and added some common sense and all seems to be well. Because the Alde was new to me, after I drained all the low water points, I let the Alde system fill up FIRST. It took a full two gallons. When the pink fluid showed in both the input and output lines I knew I was good. My thinking was that with all of the faucets closed, the antifreeze had to be going somewhere so it had to be through Alde lines. After that, opening/closing all the faucets, filling P-traps, cleaning the pump filter, etc. was pretty straightforward. Thanks for the Ideas. I posted a picture of the lines after I winterized.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2B2B1FE3-D2E3-4AEB-A5C0-B52C93973884.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	291.0 KB
ID:	170492  
PA Barns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:55 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Era 170C Winterization

Hi. I have a 2016 170C with the Alde system. when you say "I let the Alde system fill up first", i'm confused. When winterizing, I drain all water including low point drains; I pump antifreeze using the winterization valve.
this is just the water lines, not the Alde system. The Alde system contains Glycol and that is independent of water lines and is not involved in Winterization. Or did you mean, the small amount of water in the on demand water heater? Maybe I didn't understand what you meant by the Alde system? Just want to understand clearly since i'll be winterizing again soon. thanks.
maasthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Sorry for the confusion. I meant the water in the Aldle hot water lines not the glycol solution. I was unsure whether the pump would force winterizing fluid through the Alde water lines or not so I waited until I saw the pink stuff in the in/output lines of the Alde THEN did all the faucets. I hope that clears it up.
PA Barns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Era 170C Winterization

Hi, I figured that but wanted to be sure. thanks for the reply.
maasthor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter