Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2019, 06:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2015 ERA 170C Water Gravity Fill Location

This may sound crazy but I can’t find a gravity water input for my freshwater fill. It’s sited in all the manuals and even on the city water fill panel but no description or pictures of a location. I’ve had the coach for a year and use the city water fill for filling the tank but it would be nice to know if the coach has a gravity fill. I've looked in the obvious places for a Class B; sliding door frame and and the service center.
PA Barns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:20 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

It probably doesn't have one. Our 2014 Sunstar doesn't. I've lugged hundreds of gallons over the years when no hose was available for our other mohos. I finally assembled a jug pump out of some short hoses and a spare water pump.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I had a 2015 Era 70C for 3 years. It doesn't have a gravity fill for the water, just the city water (hose hook up.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #4
Winnie Driver

PA Barns - My unit didn't have a gravity feed port too. I just posted a thread on this forum entitled Water Tank Sanitizing and Fill w/o Gravity Feed Port. This modification seems to work very well, and it solves two problems without carrying other equipment and it also avoids the potential mess.

There is one other potential solution that I found after making these mods that could be simpler and that's using the RV Antifreeze port and switching the City Water to Tank Fill in the water bay. Does the same thing back feeding the Water Tank as my thread w/o adding any mods. Wish I had found that thread earlier, but I searched on this site and several others without finding this potential simple and easy fix that apparently has been around for years. I haven't tried this old fix yet, but I've got a feeling that there is a check valve inline with the city water somewhere.
RonsVoyage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, cat