Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2007, 04:15 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GG1:
The first page of the "PREVIEW" turned me off MSRP base $216K fagettaboutit!!!!!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Destination, on the Freightliner chassis with the 340hp ISB, starts at ~$170,000.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:37 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vicsryd:
snip
StorMore is only rated at 300lbs per door so this will help with those loads of wood, etc.
snip.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

During a factory visit I was told that the 300 pound limit was for the entire three door compartment, not 300 pounds per door.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:02 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clay L:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vicsryd:
snip
StorMore is only rated at 300lbs per door so this will help with those loads of wood, etc.
snip.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

During a factory visit I was told that the 300 pound limit was for the entire three door compartment, not 300 pounds per door. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There were some discussions about this some time ago and I don't think we got a for sure answer. I know when I called Customer Service on mine, they "sorta" thought 450lbs for the three door area was okay!!
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:12 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Lets try to check into the Winnie Chat Room next Tuesday at 9PM eastern time and see if a Winnie rep can answer this...If you get a answer please post here. Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:23 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">see if a Winnie rep can answer this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could someone also ask about the ballpark CCC of the 08 Journey 39Z? Thx.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:06 AM   #26
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thudman:
Could someone also ask about the ballpark CCC of the 08 Journey 39Z? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Will be interesting to find out. Since the GAWR ratings for the 39Z are the same as recent years for the 39K (10410 front, 19000 rear) the CCC would only go up if the new design/floorplan reduces overall empty weight by a noticable amount.

The Euro design cabinets probably saved 10 pounds for lack of handles.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:21 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thudman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">see if a Winnie rep can answer this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could someone also ask about the ballpark CCC of the 08 Journey 39Z? Thx.

Thudman </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not a Winnebago rep (I probably could be)but we stopped in at Lichtsinn Motors and I checked out the weight sheet on their 2008 39Z.

UVW is @ 23800 #'s
CCC is @ 4437 #'s

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:56 AM   #28
Winnebago Master

Per my contact at Winnebago, the CCC for the '08 39 Journey will be about 4353. If the 39' is ordered with EVERY available option, CCC will be 3571 lbs. No info. yet on the 37.'

Also, the official weight max. for a store more slide is 350lbs.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:36 PM   #29
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SCVJeff:
There's another thread on these new rigs about a week old HERE, and it's getting a LOT of hits.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No pics on the Winnie site or that thread....Lichtsinn's is the first dealer to have pics, and as usual, GOOD ones.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Perhaps we should post this thread there..

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:26 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

The boys from Red Bay have outsmarted the corp. folks at Winnebago. MHO , but if this is the best they can do then Bob can put on a extra shift in Red Bay. Price, fuction, looks,are going to outsell everytime.
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:47 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sorry guys, but IMO it is pretty ugly. Really don't care for the front end and think even less of the interior. I guess that is supposed to be a more modern look but I'm more of a traditional guy....I like raised-panel cabinet doors for example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree. I feel the same way about the new Sightseer 35J.

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Disappointed that Winnebago is moving away from an entry level diesel motorhome (34H) to one that is out of the price range for a first time diesel pusher owner. When it's time to trade up, will be trading with a different motorhome manufacturer.
Rick Stephenson is offline   Reply With Quote