Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-03-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Winnebago Vectra 2006 microwave

Could anyone tell us where the power cord is located? Hubby read that it comes out of top which would make sense as the only location of where it would be is behind a panel above microwave. Could anyone confirm that or tell us otherwise? It often trips when using it (on 50 amp with virtually nothing else running) and an RV repairman who is going to check out several things later this month said to locate cord and connect it to power outside and see if that still occurs. It goes thru the inverter and We are trying to determine if the problem is the inverter or the microwave or of course some other electrical issue. We are suspicious of inverter as hair dryer also trips if hot water heater is running. Have to turn off anything obvious to run hair dryer. Anyway, if anyone knows location of power cord that would be helpful. Any other thoughts on general on this situation are welcome as well. Thanks!!

Cheryl
RVer402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

RVer402, what model is your Vectra?
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Oops - forgot to give tha. It's an FD, four slides.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVer402 View Post
Could anyone tell us where the power cord is located? Hubby read that it comes out of top which would make sense as the only location of where it would be is behind a panel above microwave. Could anyone confirm that or tell us otherwise? It often trips when using it (on 50 amp with virtually nothing else running) and an RV repairman who is going to check out several things later this month said to locate cord and connect it to power outside and see if that still occurs. It goes thru the inverter and We are trying to determine if the problem is the inverter or the microwave or of course some other electrical issue. We are suspicious of inverter as hair dryer also trips if hot water heater is running. Have to turn off anything obvious to run hair dryer. Anyway, if anyone knows location of power cord that would be helpful. Any other thoughts on general on this situation are welcome as well. Thanks!!

Cheryl

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1451853376.173147.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	115618
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Cheryl,
I'm assuming when you say "Tripping", you mean your circuit breaker for that particular circuit that the microwave is plugged into, is tripping. You could do a simple test here. You could simply take that circuit breaker out and switch it with another one in that panel, of equal value, just to see if the original one is maybe weak. It's been known to happen. Heck, I had two weak breakers in our new home recently.

I doubt that you'll be that lucky. But, it's worth a try. As for the plug to your microwave, yes, if it's anything like our '04 Itasca Horizon, (sister ship to the Vectra for a couple of years) our microwave plug does emerge from the back of the microwave and, is routed up into the space above it.

On ours, we can get to that plug by opening the small storage compartment above the microwave. Since I'm not aware of your coach layout, I don't know what's above your microwave. But, I'd just about bet it's in the same area as ours. Good luck.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

RVer402, The recept is behind an a little to the left of center on the outside wall. The plug is usually accessible, so as Fire Up mentioned look in the cabinet above and check for access from below next to the wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Microwave recept.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	115620  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:39 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Our 2005 36RD has the microwave mounted very similarly to the 40FD, at a slight angle over the stove. On ours there is an access opening under and behind the left rear corner of the microwave that you can reach up into to access the outlet and cord plugged into it.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks so much for all the replies! In AZ and weather is turning on us this week so a good time to try some problem solving. Will update. Thanks again!
Old 01-04-2016, 02:09 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

2004 Vectra 40AD is same as cbeierl. Under microwave in access hole on rear left side.
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:05 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Awesome! Thanks so much! Did find it just now! Been working on other issues today but found it just now. And close to a window, which will make it easy to put an extension cord through to test things out. Thanks so much to all contributors here! Will post our findings.

Cheryl
Old 01-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVer402 View Post

Cheryl
I had a '05 FD. The cord was behind the microwave on the left side. As I recall there is a small hand hole to reach it. FYI, the outlet burned up on mine. I had to remove the microwave to replace the outlet. Sounds worse than it was.

I had to replace my Progressive modified sine wave inverter. The replacement I chose was a Xantrex. That was a mistake. If you are going to replace the inverter go with the Magnum ..... Inverter Chargers | Magnum Dimensions[]=89&field_output_waveform_value_selective[]=1&field_output_power_watts_value[min]=200&field_output_power_watts_value[max]=15000&field_output_voltage_value_selective[]=1

I would go with the MS2000 and LifeLine AGM batteries.

Hope I have been helpful.

Happy trails,
Rick Y

Tags
winnebago