Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2019, 08:34 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago Parts Catalog and iOS

Does anyone know how to make the Winnebago parts catalog viewable on iOS platforms? In the age of ipads I would think this has finally been updated, but still can't seem to find out how to do it. I also have a Mac laptop.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Print in a pdf format, than send it to your "Books" app for easy viewing.
WinnebagoSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:59 AM   #3
Site Team

We use a VM (Parallels) on our Mac laptop to run Win 10, that way we can run MSIE and view Winnebago’s 3D parts list website.

I know that MS is beta testing a Mac version of it’s Edge browser, but I don’t know if the Winnebago parts list Addon necessary to view the parts list can run run on anything other than Internet Explorer.

I needed Win10 to run a non-Mac device on my laptop, so I installed Parallels and Win10 for that purpose. Using it for the Winnebago parts list is just a lucky byproduct.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the info on the VM Parallels - looking into that now. Wondering if I do the free trial and then could download the catalog into Books like WinnebagoSC suggested. For me, there is no other reason to have the VM other than the occasional need to look at the parts catalog. Thoughts?
Old 05-27-2019, 01:19 PM   #5
Site Team

I’ve never tried to download any pages so I don’t know. Thing is it’s interactive. So you click on a sub assembly or part and then it highlights the part number. I have no idea how you’d down load everything and then find things. But as I said I don’t know if it can be downloaded or not as I have not tried.

It’s both super helpful the way it works and a huge pain too. We needed some parts and the repair place had rules against installing the needed browser Addon on their corporate system. So it was my job to find part numbers for them. It’s helpful in that yo can really drill down into sub assemblies.

Sorry I’m not more help.

Ps. Even if you download the trial Parallels program you’d still need Windows to install. You could use Win 7 or 8 or 10 or 10.1. But it does not come with Parallels.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:12 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

On any Apple product without "Paralles," or something similar you cannot view the Wineebago 3d information.

I run Paralles on my Macs and it works well. Easy to TAB switch between Windows apps and Mac apps.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:27 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I put it in pdf, then saved to dropbox.
DBecker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:38 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBecker57 View Post
I put it in pdf, then saved to dropbox.
How? Exactly. Did you do that? Would be the question.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:07 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

It comes up as a PDF...are you going tnrough IRV2 ?
Old 06-03-2019, 03:49 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

In 2011 Winnebago went from PDF to the more robust Cortona 2D and 3D viewers. I have a 2001 Adventurer so this does not impact me however if you own one of the newer coaches you would need to be able to load the Cortona Viewer Plugins in your browser.

Cortona works with IE11 and higher on the Windows Platform however there is a version in the IStore for Apple products.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cort...er/id471275514

Note that newer Apple products being made overseas use a cheaper alternative to quartz crystals in their clock chips which will fail permanently if certain light gases are present such as helium. People working in buildings with equipment that uses helium such as CAT Scan machines found this out the hard way. Once these bargain chips absorb a light gas they race up until they fail completely. One could face failures from using aerosol parts cleaners or any other product that off gasses light vapors that are incompatible with the newer Apple Products that use these chips.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:23 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
In 2011 Winnebago went from PDF to the more robust Cortona 2D and 3D viewers.
Yes. I didn't know that the models older than 2011 had that option. Now the only option for parts and various layouts and diagrams is via Internet Explorer with the Cortana Viewer addon installed.

There is no way to download to a PDF.

And, Neil, I did a search for your warning about Apple products and "light gasses" and found only one or two mentions of this. But certainly nothing general or widespread. It doesn't seem like much of a worry to the average user.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:29 AM   #12
RJ2
Winnebago Camper

Downloaded. That suggested Cortona app , just does there representative model . No real user interface. But I was wrong once before . Thanks RJ
RJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:39 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Go to iRV2 website and you can download it in pdf from there
Old 06-03-2019, 02:35 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBecker57 View Post
Go to iRV2 website and you can download it in pdf from there
Sorry, but not the Parts Catalog - not for anything newer than 2010

There are plumbing and wiring diagrams in PDF format.

For the Parts catalog what is there is a link to the Interactive parts list that requires Internet Explorer on a Windows computer with a special 2d/3d viewer addon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 3.33.15 PM.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	171672  
Old 06-03-2019, 03:12 PM   #15
Winnebago Watcher

Winnebago parts cat.

I simply printed the whole catalog from my 2003 Adventurer. You know the saying “the good news is that you can always find replacement parts for a Winnebago”. Well that isn’t always true and if you’re going to buy from Winnie, be aware that the prices are ridiculous.
Artbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:56 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artbac View Post
I simply printed the whole catalog from my 2003 Adventurer.
Yeah, you can do that for RVs up through 2010. But not after.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:13 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

If you have Windows and Internet Explorer, and install the software they tell you, you can get the parts list and 3D views like this of the plumbing, electrical, etc. You can rotate and zoom into the 3D models and highlight parts to get their number. Worth the effort, if you have Windows. This is an image of the Aqua-Hot system on the Tour.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AH-1.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	171681  
TourCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:46 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Thank you everyone for your input!! Glad I'm not the only one wanting to find the answer to this question. Just surprised Winnebago hasn't taken upon themselves to make this easily accessible for all the Apple/Mac people out there on their own. It looks like the only alternative is to buy and download the Parallels program to be able to effectively use the Winnebago catalog. Essentially I will be paying $80 to be able to access the Winnebago catalog then - as there is no other reason that I would ever use that software for anything else. For what you are paying for a Winnebago, access to the parts catalog should be included in the price for ALL platform users - not just Microsoft users. Just makes me want to send off a customer service email to them now! They are missing out on so many sales for parts but having by making it virtually impossible for iOS users to gain the info they want and need.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:31 PM   #19
Site Team

My guess is they put a lot of money and effort into creating this back in 2010 and had the mistaken impression that "everybody" used Internet Explorer. And, they would have to start from scratch to get this converted into something everyone could use.

There is no equivalent kind of software for Linux or iOS. Nothing to move it too. They screwed up and there's no real easy way out.

It is very helpful like I said. But it's also a pain in the neck at the same time.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:39 PM   #20
Site Team

That got me thinking... so I looked and found Cortona Viewer for iOS. It's $2.99. I guess it's an iPad and iPhone app. I don't find it in the Mac app store. But it if worked on iPads that would be great. Though I'm not sure you can access the file on the resources website with an iPad.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cort...er/id471275514

Tags
cat, parts, winnebago