Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Journey 36dl G

What years did they make the 36g?
I saw a 2002 and really like the floor plan. Are there anything to look at on certain years etc. any help greatly appreciated. After owning a 36g anything you would like different?
Thank you
Sargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

We owned a 2002 36GD DL for 8 years and loved it. The floor plan was great for two people. I can't think of anything about the floor plan that we disliked other than we wanted a bit more space when we started traveling more.

Overall, it was a great coach. 330 CAT 3126E engine never missed a beat. Things to look for (things that I either had to repair myself or have done)"

1. Rusting of frame behind windshield that cracked the glass. This is not an uncommon issue with Winnebago coaches for many model years.
2. Screws holding sidewalls to floor came loose or broke off. I had to reattach the sidewall between the LR slide and BR slide on the driver's side. Used larger stainless screws and more of them. Put lock tite on the screws.
3. Fiberglass duct that carries cool and warm air from basement heat pump up behind rear cap split causing loss of cool air. Had to re-tape the split with foil duct tape.
4. Glue holding generator access door on front, engine access door on rear and some of the lower front cap came loose. Used JB Weld and some stainless screws to re-attach those panels. Again, fairly common issue with Winnebago coaches.
5. Winnebago factory to replace broken/crushed nylon slide bushings (they called them bearings) on front slide.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you very much for the information. Does Winnebago or anyone have a floor plan like the
36 dl G floor plan up to 40 ft? Again thank you for any information.
Sargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Well we have an 2003 36 GD Dl and other then some strange things go on the Cat we love the thing. Like any other RV ya got to be a tinkerer/McGiver kind of a guy. Since 2004 the old girl has made 2 trips to California and untold number of trips to Florida and Rutgers foot ball games, and never let us down. Great size, great room, good horse power, plenty of storage space ect-ect-ect. If it got 20 MPG's I'd realy love it.
RayJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2006 Journey 36G with the Cat 350. Been a great coach, we have owned it since new. I have replaced the original refrigerator with a new Samsung RF197 a year ago. Over time I have started replacing the light bulbs with LED versions. I plan to upgrade the original TVs at some point soon.
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWHTRAINS View Post
We have a 2006 Journey 36G with the Cat 350. Been a great coach, we have owned it since new. I have replaced the original refrigerator with a new Samsung RF197 a year ago. Over time I have started replacing the light bulbs with LED versions. I plan to upgrade the original TVs at some point soon.
Clayton, I also have a 2006 Journey 36G and would like to see some pictures of your Samsung refrigerator installation. I pulled my Norcold 1200 out a couple of years ago to install an Amish cooling unit and cant'figure out how you had enough room to stuff the Samsung in the same hole.

Thanks, Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

We have a 2006 Itasca Meridian 36G and absolutely love it! What would we change...? Well, I can't think of much. I added a built-in vacuum. My wife loves the washer and dryer. Maybe I would change the mattress to a newer model, but that's about all. Best coach I've owned and I've owned six.

Tags
journey, winnebago