Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2015, 07:37 AM   #41
Winnebago Camper

Loud Squeek

Check the clamp window frames on driver and passenger sides. I had to take inside frames off and stick electrical tape around the flange that rubs on the wall. Also check the door latch and put some silicon grease on the latch post.

We now have 14,000 miles on our 34T and problems have been minor after getting long slide mechanism replaced at the factory. Look at latch plates and prop rod on front hood. The glue does not hold.

Jim 2015 34T Texas
oopypic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:35 AM   #42
Winnebago Owner

OOPYPIC -

Sounds like we have similar rigs. Our latch plates and rod have fallen off also. How did you get them fixed? Also, what happened to your slides?
Old 08-09-2015, 12:26 PM   #43
Winnebago Camper

One latch plate was repaired twice, once by dealer and once by Forest City. The other side , once by Forest City. Incidentally that one fell off on the way home. I made brackets that attached to the frame to hold the latch plates. I believe that some owners have used stainless bolts through the fiberglass. The prop rod is now bolted to the new passenger side bracket using a piece of angle. The epoxy they use does not hold under load.
Passenger side slide lost gear contact at the front top. Slide would work but it would tip in at the top. I would use plastic door shims on the sink counter top to avoid scratching and to keep the slide level as it went out. I think the real problem with the slide is the high center of gravity of the refrigerator and the interior depth of the slide. There are no interior edge floor rollers to balance the slide, only the rollers at the outside edge.

Jim 2015 34T Texas
oopypic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:44 AM   #44
Winnebago Camper

Update on the loud squeak in our 2014 forza 38r. Service at our rv dealership says squeak was coming from gibb on schwintek slide (hope i'm saying that correctly). Per winnebago this needed to be lubed with CRC high performance lube with ptfe. This was done by service department.....squeak gone!. Saw another post on iRV2 with video how to do this. You can buy this product on-line at walmart or amazon four around $10.
1kycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:22 AM   #45
Winnebago Owner

Has any owners had issues with there underneath compartments leaking when driving I the rain. Had mine in once for repairs and still having the same issue. Scheduled to tae it back in again in a few weeks.
artpe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:17 AM   #46
Winnebago Owner

Though we haven't had this problem, there are a number of posts that indicate it is common. Supposedly, there is a way to adjust the tension on the lock that helps.

What year and model do you have (no signature listed)?
Old 08-30-2015, 05:04 AM   #47
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2015 34T Forza.
artpe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:26 PM   #48
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by artpe54 View Post
Has any owners had issues with there underneath compartments leaking when driving I the rain. Had mine in once for repairs and still having the same issue. Scheduled to tae it back in again in a few weeks.
Yes. Have a forza 38R and have had the same problem driving in the rain. If fact I believe the water comes in near the engine compartment in the back and rolls forward. Now, our tow setup makes use of a KarGard II from Blue Ox which is one of the flat over tow bar type shields. I suspect this configuration throws more water back underneath the coach during rain.

As an aside, during a ride out of Pittsburgh on the way to NC and during heavy rain our transmission went into 'limp' mode effectively not coming out of 2nd gear. Called Freightliner (who is great btw) who sent a tech suspecting that the trans was too wet and confused. Tech blew out about 4 electrical connections which did NOT have dieletric grease in them that attached to the trans. Problem solved although it took an evening to let things dry out and reset. Anyway, the point is that I suspect there is a design flaw or possibly the need for a rear guard behind the back wheels to prevent rain water from flowing into the engine compartment and basement bins.
pdarbonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:30 AM   #49
Winnebago Owner

Interesting on driving in wet weather. We have only driven an hour or so in the rain with no known problems. But it is great to learn about others experiences and what to watch for just in case. We did have the passenger slide problem and hopefully fixed for the Lippert slides. No problem yet with the driver's side. The biggest problem was finding a qualified repair shop for warranty that could get us in timely. One place said three months, another two months and finally TransWest in Grand Junction (four hours away) said one week. Needless to say, we drove the four hours and had them fix it. They also re-glued the front brackets. We'll see how long they stick.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:05 PM   #50
Winnebago Watcher

I believe your switch is for the lights around the top of the coach. They will blink like a trucker does when saying Thank you for example for letting someone in your lane.

Tags
winnebago