Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Slide difference

On the 37F model the front passenger slide has a flat floor thus requires a hydraulic slide to accomplish this. On the 35P the slides are not flat floor and use the new (as of 2012MY) electric rack and pinon slides. On the 37F the other slides are electric rack and pinon.

The new front end for the Adventurer and Suncruiser was announced at the Louisville Dealer show in late November. It is mentioned at the bottom of this article.
Winnebago unveils new RVs for 2013 - NY Daily News

This is were I found out about the change then I questioned my friend at Winnebago.

I have a real good source at Winnebago and he told me that was the only change.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
On the 37F model the front passenger slide has a flat floor thus requires a hydraulic slide to accomplish this. On the 35P the slides are not flat floor and use the new (as of 2012MY) electric rack and pinon slides. On the 37F the other slides are electric rack and pinon.

The new front end for the Adventurer and Suncruiser was announced at the Louisville Dealer show in late November. It is mentioned at the bottom of this article.
Winnebago unveils new RVs for 2013 - NY Daily News

This is were I found out about the change then I questioned my friend at Winnebago.

I have a real good source at Winnebago and he told me that was the only change.
There you go "strange" is backed up with written and first hand proof.
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
I'm not sure which part of the story seems "strange" to you. The fact that we weren't informed of any running changes, that we hadn't done our do diligence, or something else? We've been visiting dealers in person, checking dealer inventories online, and have contacted the factory.

I've personally visited more than a dozen dealer sites online within the last 2 weeks. It wasn't until yesterday that I found pictures of newly delivered motorhomes at 3 different dealers that had the redesigned front end. We thought the final step before ordering was to pick the colors, not to have to reconsider the brand, model, and ammenities.

As noted by a previous poster it appears there have been more than cosmetic changes made during the year. One noticable difference is the type of slide mechanism used for the front passengers side slide. While the model we're looking at does not have this particular slide, it brings into question what else has been changed.

I'm not questioning the manufacturers right or decision to make changes. What I am questioning is the judgement of the person or persons who decided the changes didn't warrant informing potential customers by updating printed and online information. When making this size investment I would think any consumer would want to be informed as to what they are getting for their money.
Geez never implied you were strange just that changing the design in the middle of a year was strange. Even though they did it I still think it was a strange move on their part.
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Geez never implied you were strange just that changing the design in the middle of a year was strange. Even though they did it I still think it was a strange move on their part.
Actually I din't take it that you thought I was "strange". The more I think about it you may be correct. Aside from that I went to the article linked by grtharris. While the last half of the last sentence did say " the Winnebago Adventurer and Itasca Suncruiser, also unveiled dynamic new front-end styling" it also has a link to the following information on the Winnebago website.

Read more: Winnebago unveils new RVs for 2013 - NY Daily News

In all the articles linked there is no mention of the front end redesign. I even downloaded the latest Adventurer and Suncruiser brochures. They differ from previous versions, but still use the old photographs to depict the exterior.

While the changes probably won't deter us from purchasing a new unit it will extend the process. I don't like buying sight unseen.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #25

I thought the teardrop in the top of the grill was the new front end look?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

This happened to me on an early 2000s Winnebago Class C and the change was more than cosmetic. When I purchased the brochures and website said the towing capacity was 5,000#. The salesman also told my wife and I that it was a 5K hitch. When I was getting ready to set up my toad I saw that the hitch was marked for only 3,500#. That was the final straw of many other disappointment with that motorhome. I wrote a letter to Customer Service and never heard back from them. Should have hired an attorney to look into the situation.

We are considering upgrading to a Class A from an Airstream Interstate B and we really like the looks and layout of the Itasca Sunova. Stories like this give me pause.
Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
avid_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

We've been researching for a new motorhome for several months now and have finally decided on a 2013 Adventurer 32H. When reviewing some of the online information I came across a feature called "Smart Storage" that is supposedly "available" on the Adventurer. It appears to be a sliding storage tray in one of the exterior storage compartments.

Usually "available" means it's an option. In all the motorhomes we've toured through and the ones we've seen online none seem to have this feature. Also it doesn't appear on the price sheets as either standard equipment or an extra cost option. Does anyone have this feature on their 2013 Adventurer?

I also noticed the solar panel has been deleted from the standard equipment list. I'm not sure if this was part of the mid year change or whether it was deleted as standard equipment on all 2013 Adventurers. Again does anyone have this on their 203 Adventurer, and if so was it an option?
Old 01-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

Looks like the solar panel was dropped on all lines, option on the Tour 2013MY.
"Smart Storage" is a term for the near things Winnebago does to improve exterior storage.
The slides are an option on the Tour and Journey with the large pass thru bays.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #29
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
Looks like the solar panel was dropped on all lines, option on the Tour 2013MY.
"Smart Storage" is a term for the near things Winnebago does to improve exterior storage.
The slides are an option on the Tour and Journey with the large pass thru bays.
Thanks for the information. After my last post I came up with at least a dozen more questions. I had already called the factory to set up a tour through several units. When we got there yesterday we met with a gentleman from sales. As it turned out he doeas a lot of traveling to the various dealer and customer shows and was extremely knowledgable of all the Winnebago products. He took the time to explain many of the newer systems, all the options available, and even how to order custom options that may not normally be available on a particular model. He was able to answer every one of my questions and offer some valuable tips and information I hadn't yet thought about.

We spent several hours with him and now feel totally comfortable. The next step is to get back in touch with the dealer and start the ordering process. If all goes according to plan we'll have all the paperwork completed this week. Then it's just a couple months of waiting anxiously for the new coach to arrive.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:56 AM   #30

Actually in this case it's a happy change. The new styling is much more attractive.

Running changes are not uncommon in all the brands. Also not uncommon is different people in the same organization giving you contradictory information. Not having a clue is generally the norm in the RV business.

So don't be surprised, after you submit your order, that there are further things changed - some make actually be good (like the styling thing). Sometimes they just forget about your build sheet. So pay as little up front as you can get away with until your order arrives and you can check out the final product before you pay in full.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, suncruiser, winnebago