Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Smile Winnebago Adventurer v32 Parking Brake

Hi Folks:
Looking for help with my parking brake problem on my Winnebago Adventurer V32 .. When I stop and put the motorhome in park it sometimes takes about a minute for the parking brake to engage.The time varies on when it will engage.I have noticed the oil in the reservoir is very pink and frothy looking so i will replace it..Is it possible this could be causing this problem.. What type of oil should I use?
I know this is two questions and thanks for any help..

Dave
dlennink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlennink View Post
Hi Folks:
Looking for help with my parking brake problem on my Winnebago Adventurer V32 .. When I stop and put the motorhome in park it sometimes takes about a minute for the parking brake to engage.The time varies on when it will engage.I have noticed the oil in the reservoir is very pink and frothy looking so i will replace it..Is it possible this could be causing this problem.. What type of oil should I use?

Dave

We have a 2010 Winnebago Adventurer 35P and we just a week ago was at Lazy Days with the parking would not engage.......the repair order said: " removed parking brake cable, reajuusted and reinstalled"......works fine now......they didn't charge me, but i was also in for something else that needed to be done.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Hi Folks:

Dave
I would think your parking brake would be mechanical vice hydraulic.
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy AD.
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:50 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

As told to me by the service tech, the parking brake is not like the conventional parking brake at the wheel, but is unit that applies a set of clamps/jaws (for lack of a better word) around the drive shaft. It is machanical, and it has the same application from the drivers seat......the pedal
Old 07-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Hi Folks:

Dave
I'm assuming ,because you didn't say, that you have a P32 chassis with the infamous J71 Auto Apply Parking Brake, aka AAPB. If so, you will have a yellow knob on the dash to release it. If you do have the J71, then your NEXT move should be to contact Roger at [email protected] . He is the EXPERT on these things and can save you a ton of money and time getting yours fixed. His help is free.
Ed
Old 07-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by corjaguar View Post
....It is machanical, and it has the same application from the drivers seat......the pedal
This is simply not true, since all the P32 chassis with the J71 AAPB don't even have a PB pedal. Ed
Old 07-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
This is simply not true, since all the P32 chassis with the J71 AAPB don't even have a PB pedal. Ed

let me clarify that......I have the w22 chassis and the parking brake is applied with you foot ......not dash mounted
Old 07-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by corjaguar View Post
let me clarify that......I have the w22 chassis and the parking brake is applied with you foot ......not dash mounted
Yes Sir, and ALL the W-22s came that way. However, you may also find it interesting to know that the early model W-24 chassis do not have the foot applied PB pedal, but rather another version of the AAPB called J72.

AFAIK, all the various chassis configurations that have an AAPB have them because the tranny case was not deemed strong enough to support a parking pawl inside the tranny, for the GCVWR issued.
Ed
Old 07-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Hi Guys thanks for your help...The motorhome is on the workhorse chassis with 8.1 engine..It does have the yellow button in the dash.Applying it does not help and i still have the delay.. The parking brake always works just a pain to have to wait until it's ready..

Dave
Old 07-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Hi Guys thanks for your help...The motorhome is on the workhorse chassis with 8.1 engine..It does have the yellow button in the dash.Applying it does not help and i still have the delay.. The parking brake always works just a pain to have to wait until it's ready..

Dave
Again, contact [email protected] Roger is your BEST help. Ed
Old 07-24-2012, 03:17 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Again, contact [email protected] Roger is your BEST help. Ed
Ok thanks I'll give Roger a try...

Tags
brake, winnebago