Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Hiker Dog on my vehicle description sheet it show my 2013 Adventurer as 32'11' long and exterior as 12'8' high. I must be an inbetweener. LOL
jimlaurielucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Bad news Hikerdogs - most Motorhomes are delivered by someone towing a car.
The 500 on the odometer when you picked it up were probably all towing
cgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarv View Post
Bad news Hikerdogs - most Motorhomes are delivered by someone towing a car.
The 500 on the odometer when you picked it up were probably all towing
I don't doubt it for a minute. I'm sure Ford is well aware of the process as well. I just want to be sure that if something goes wrong in the future I can disavow any knowledge of it happening on my watch.

As for the height and length discrepencies Winnebago says height is measured to the highest standard feature on the roof. If they changed something as simple as the TV antenna it could affect the overall height.
The length is measured from the forward most standard component to the rearward most standard component.

Keep in mind if you have an option on the roof like a satellite dish or dome the published height may be different than the actual height. The same is true for the lenght. Any optional equipment may make the actual total lenght exceed the published length
Old 05-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

We have also experienced every one of the negative points that Hikerdogs made about not having a tow car when we had a 30 footer and didn't tow. With our current Adventurer 33v we have been to Alaska , every Canadian province (including Newfoundland and Labrador), and all the lower 48 excluding the southeast. We, too, are travelers rather than destination parkers. I don't know how we could have seen all that we have in 77,000 RV miles without the tow car. And a 33 footer is not something you use to run to the local grocery store! But it is something that will fit into many federal, national, state, county, and city parks where the longer rigs can't. Consider making your travels a joy and pull a car rather than having to omit visiting a place because you can't find an appropriate parking spot.

Also, we have travelled many more miles on back roads than interstates with this setup mostly because we really like to see the country, rather than all the businesses along the federal highways.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

2013 Adventurer 32H

Those that have the 32H Adventurer. How is the ride? Did you add a Safe-T-Plus steering control or super steer motion control units?

Thanks,
Linda
Old 05-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

We haven't added the Safe-T-Plus, but then again we have less than 500 miles on the motorhome. To put it more into perspective we had over 100,000 miles on our 2001 Adventurer (on the F53 chassis) and saw no need to add one to that motorhome either.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Hikerdogs - You certainly had wonderful travels with your 2001 Adventurer. After 100,000 miles where else are you going to RV? LOL Great to hear that you didn't need the safe t plus, etc.

Linda
Old 05-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Linda, The ride is great, it handles well in the wind and we don't feel the semi trucks when they pass on the interstate. We do not have any additional suspension add ons. Did you buy your 32H? If so, congratulations!
tfcyoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Ted - Congrats on your new 32H. Enjoy all your travels. No, I haven't purchased the 32H but still interested. Time will tell.

Linda
Old 05-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #30
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRuiz View Post
Hikerdogs - You certainly had wonderful travels with your 2001 Adventurer. After 100,000 miles where else are you going to RV? LOL Great to hear that you didn't need the safe t plus, etc.

Linda
I think the need for a safe t plus and other add ons is a function of wheel base length and body length. Our old motorhome had a 208" wheelbase and was 32' 11" long. Some manufacturers made bodies as long as 36' on the same chassis. Our new motorhome has a 228" wheelbase and is 33'2" long so given the performance of the older one I don't believe it will be necessary.

As for going places and seeing things I think we've just scratched the surface. We're planning a short trip in a few weeks just to make sure we have all the bugs out. If all goes well we'll probably be heading back to Alaska early in July. The wife says we'll be able to see everything on her list (in Alaska) if we spend a couple months on the road.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #31
Winnebago Watcher

I am going to look at a 2002 Winnebago adventurer m-32V. And was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what to look for. I am new to MH's and I'm afraid ill miss something. Also can a women set them up alone?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Bette
Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #32
Winnebago Camper

I did not purchase the 32H Winne. Adventurer but I have a Holiday Rambler 35' diesel pusher. Many women set up their motorhomes. Good luck with your search/purchase of your MH!!

Linda
Old 06-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #33
Winnebago Owner

To answer your last question first, yes you can, hardest part, if you tow is hooking and un hooking. The sewer line is easy enough though not pleasant.

The rig is 10 years old so the tires MUST be replaced, no exceptions unless there is PROOF of replacement. Test all appliances. slides and have a mechanic with motorhome skills check the chassis and engine. Does the floor plan fit your needs, have someone walk the roof and check the caulking and very carefully look inside for water marks.

The WIT Cub is a nation wide RV travel club sponsored by Winnebago Industries and a great way to meet like minded owners.

Most all questions you may have can be answered right here and the only dumb question is the one not asked.

Don G. WIT 70041
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #34
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for your reply. I am worried about the tires being that old.
They are asking 39,900 for the unit. They said there is only 24,000 miles on it and the tires look good. They don't see any reason to replace them as they have no cracks and are not worn. But this is my safety we are talking about and tires that old scare me.
They could look good today but what about when I'm driving it out west or down south. I'm going to look at it next week, it's about 2 hrs from me in the next state. Do you think the price is to high?
Thanks for the encouragement
Old 06-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #35
Winnebago Owner

On a motorhome you're tread depth is not a safe way to judge the tires. The ties should be replaced if they are over 5-7 years old or it'd they have cracks in the side wall.
There is a four digit date code on the side wall of the tire that will tell you when the tire was made. The first two numbers are the week and the last two numbers are the year the tire was made.
Good luck.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #36
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you all for the great advice. I will be talking to the owners about either getting new tires or a reduced price.
Sense it is a private sell I will look in the area for an RV mechanic I can hire to look over the RV. I really want to avoid buying something that needs a lot of work although it does have low mileage and was serviced regular. I would feel a lot better knowing I had my own service person inspecting it.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #37
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Thank you all for the great advice. I will be talking to the owners about either getting new tires or a reduced price.
Sense it is a private sell I will look in the area for an RV mechanic I can hire to look over the RV. I really want to avoid buying something that needs a lot of work although it does have low mileage and was serviced regular. I would feel a lot better knowing I had my own service person inspecting it.
most areas of the us have ''mobile rv service'' technicians. google or look in yellow pages. rv parks are another way to find a good mobile rv tech.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #38
Winnebago Camper

Linda, Find a dealer that will work with you on this trade. Chances are the sales staff is only looking at the almighty dollar, not your best interest. I have been at some Camping World and was very well treated, and have been on the other side of the coin with no concerns for me. Best of Luck.
Agapemou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago