Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-19-2014, 09:22 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago 2013 Tour issues??

Love our 5 month old Tour but wonder if anyone has had similar recurring issues?
1. Electrical side of Aqua hot won't keep water hot. Dealer says reset it but still does not work. Have to run diesel portion of Aqua hot all the time.

2. Door and cargo remote locks intermittent. Sometimes work and other times not. Dealer says they moved antenna but still intermittent.

3. Leveling is tough. Has leveled 2 out of 15 times and takes like 5 minutes to do it. Dealer says it is working fine for them. Took it home and again it could not level 3 out of 3 times and gave error message. Dealer says we have the latest module.

4. Couch and recliner very uncomfortable. Feel like very little padding. Can these be upgraded?

5. What is the fan underneath that runs so loudly?

Thank you, Don
deschrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

sounds like you need a new dealer
tommyboy3700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy3700 View Post
sounds like you need a new dealer

X2 We do agree
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

The fan you might be hearing could be either the converter or inverter....as far as leveling, I always do it manually, I have a small double bubble level mounted in console, takes a few minutes, never did like the auto system..
Old 03-19-2014, 11:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by deschrock View Post
Love our 5 month old Tour but wonder if anyone has had similar recurring issues?
1. Electrical side of Aqua hot won't keep water hot. Dealer says reset it but still does not work. Have to run diesel portion of Aqua hot all the time.

2. Door and cargo remote locks intermittent. Sometimes work and other times not. Dealer says they moved antenna but still intermittent.

3. Leveling is tough. Has leveled 2 out of 15 times and takes like 5 minutes to do it. Dealer says it is working fine for them. Took it home and again it could not level 3 out of 3 times and gave error message. Dealer says we have the latest module.

4. Couch and recliner very uncomfortable. Feel like very little padding. Can these be upgraded?

Thank you, Don
Had the same problem with my Aqua Hot. It was a bad high temperature limiter for the electric side. Replaced by dealer under warranty.
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by deschrock View Post

Thank you, Don
First of all the unit will not self level if there is more than a 3* slope in any direction. It will go to the limits then flash an error message. However many times the system is not properly calibrated when it leaves the factory. It will sometimes work on a slope of less than 1* but thinks it's beyond the 3* threshold anything over that.

Ours was so bad it was lifting the front tires off the ground with less than a 1* forward slope. There is a procedure outlined in the supplemental owners manual on how to calibrate and reset the system. Having said that I listed it as a problem I wanted resolved when we took the coach to the factory for some warranty work. They recalibrated it and it's worked fine ever since.

If the dealer has a relatively level lot it's likely they can't reproduce the problem. In that case ask I'd just ask them to do a recalibration.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I'd agree with garyKK as far as leveling. We have a 2014 Vista and the first time I leveled the coach it took all wheels off the ground in our drive way. Tried it again and the same thing. The next time I did it manually and all was fine. Since then I always level manually. It does not take much longer than going automatic and when the level says it's level it is. Just wathc the gauge because it may say level but it might also be a few degrees off of level. So raise until it says level at Zero.

TeJay
Old 03-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Don, as to #5, I believe the loud fan you hear is the dashboard a/c and heater heat exchanger. If you look underneath just behind the genet you will see them. It is indeed loud.
RBK394 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago