Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2017, 06:28 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Summarization

2 engine batteries were dead
2 of the 3 house batteries were dead (the other was only 18 months old)
alternator was dead and Freedom 15 inverter would not charge.

Purchased 4 batteries, 2 engine and 2 house, alternator and battery charger Progressive Dynamics PD9280V. Justification, inverting is not important to me and coach is 15 years old.

Most of this is a result of having to leave the RV unattended for over 12 months due to health issues.

Appreciate all the helpful comments. Regards.
ttrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:22 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrv View Post
2 engine batteries were dead
2 of the 3 house batteries were dead (the other was only 18 months old)
alternator was dead and Freedom 15 inverter would not charge.

Purchased 4 batteries, 2 engine and 2 house, alternator and battery charger Progressive Dynamics PD9280V. Justification, inverting is not important to me and coach is 15 years old.

Most of this is a result of having to leave the RV unattended for over 12 months due to health issues.

Appreciate all the helpful comments. Regards.
My freedom inverter took a dive a few months ago at the most inopportune time leaving me without any power to the coach. Took it out, replaced it with a converter and life is better. I didn't see the value of going backwith an inverter as I rarely boondock and if i do, hey i got a genset.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:42 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Pro Tip: Install a battery disconnect on the ground cable on your coach and chassis batteries. They work great and connects/disconnects in seconds, once installed.

We found out the hard way that if you let a RV battery sit unused it will discharge in a very short period of time even though you think you have everything turned off. It was very frustrating for us. If you think you won't use the battery for a few days, simply disconnect it.

NOCO ID220S 6V-24V 125 Amp Battery Disconnect Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006EH9WUC..._LeAWybM9W2M4F
MurphyMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, engine, journey, winnebago