Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
The Ford does ride a bit rough but it is reliable. Changing to Khoni shocks can help.

On the UFO gas pusher I believe that there was a update to the cool pack and some problems with the cooling fan coming apart and such. Unique quadrahaulic brake system could be pricey to maintain also.

Note that after the Workhorse/Bosch brake debacle Winnebago stopped using Workhorse and only offers Ford on their gas powered rigs.
You are correct that WBGO stopped using WCC chassis "after the brake debacle", but IMO that was more coincidence of the timing and not BECAUSE of the brake debacle administered (poorly) by WCC. There were other factors that led to WBGO and the other coach builders to stop using WCC products.

You are also correct that WBGO only offers Ford now, but IMO that is BECAUSE Ford is the ONLY choice (right now) for gas powered chassis. It will be interesting to see how fast the various coach builders begin to incorporate the "new" gasser options recently announced by others, to fill the void created by Navistar's decision to mothball WCC.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

GM stopped making the big block 8.1 engine that was in the Workhorse chassis. Makes me wonder if/when they will do what Ford did with their Econoboost and that is to use a turbo to make up for cubic inches. More likely the GM 6.2 with a turbo pushing 500 hp until the gas mileage police decide that motor homes aren't critical to our economy and then it wouldn't surprise me if we end up with a V-6 turbo someday as the only gas truck option.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
You are correct that WBGO stopped using WCC chassis "after the brake debacle", but IMO that was more coincidence of the timing and not BECAUSE of the brake debacle administered (poorly) by WCC. There were other factors that led to WBGO and the other coach builders to stop using WCC products.

You are also correct that WBGO only offers Ford now, but IMO that is BECAUSE Ford is the ONLY choice (right now) for gas powered chassis. It will be interesting to see how fast the various coach builders begin to incorporate the "new" gasser options recently announced by others, to fill the void created by Navistar's decision to mothball WCC.

Navstar did mess things up didn't they. I really wanted a WH chassis but could not afford it and ended up getting stuck with the Ford. Now I realize that I missed out on a lot of potential headaches instead.

As to purchasing an orphaned UFO based rig well I am hard pressed to recommend that.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

neilv i also have th sams 35u rig it has the 245/70 x 19.5 tires w/f rated tires rated at 110psi what do u run on tire pressure my rig sems to slam the bumps and i wonder if its th air pressure
gregbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbullet View Post
neilv i also have th sams 35u rig it has the 245/70 x 19.5 tires w/f rated tires rated at 110psi what do u run on tire pressure my rig sems to slam the bumps and i wonder if its th air pressure
See post 18.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

ole i had read your post and have and will take heed, but since neil and i have the same units, i asked him .
hey , i read many different types of post and have recieved some great help and advice. i just wish i had heard of irv2 years ago, but as you may be able to tell, i am new to this type of computers.

ole i am a gear head and have been since the late 50'z and started ripping the roads in 1966, legally, and by looking at your info on your jeep, i'd say you may have a lil gear headness in your blood also.

thankz to all that respond to what i ask, and for the advise to all that is givin so freely. i really am liking the rv world much more and for the first time in decades i don;t feel so me against big dollar pits that sit at all dealers. here "we" can find help and give help, that can save many from having to postpone a trip or etc... it's great and i am a person of tools and motor cycles, and hot rods, that i maintain, but the workings of my adventure 35u is well beyond me. i am learnig with all y'all helpping. tkz
gregbullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas