Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2017, 10:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Window Crank Winnebago 97 Adventurer

I am having a heck of a time finding a direct replacement for the driver's door window crank since the splines on the original crank are stripped. I went to Pep Boys, Autozone, OReilley's and of course Winnebago doesn't come up in the search. Thus far, all I've been able to get to work is an aftermarket Dorman 79646. I had to saw off part of it because it had extra unthreaded space. Also, as a piece of plastic, it probably won't last long.

For what it's worth, the Winnebago part is 106469-02-704.

Any ideas?

EDITED to say "splines" instead of thread
Wbago97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Is it the threads on the screw or the splines on the handle or door regulator?
Hufficon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:03 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hufficon View Post
Is it the threads on the screw or the splines on the handle or door regulator?
Thanks for reply. The splines on the door regulator look fine, just the handle splines that are stripped. Seems it would be an easy replacement but I can't find one that fits directly.

EDIT: I learned a new word. I meant the "splines".
Old 04-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I couldn't find that part number in the Dorman catalogue. My dad owned a parts store that sold dorman products and they made some heavy duty parts as well. They do have some metal ones. I thought I might be able to match that part number with one of the metal ones. I wonder if that was an old number that may be superseded with another number. If you find an old school parts store those guys are usually very helpful in finding odd parts. The newer chain stores usually don't have too many people that will go to the shelf and try to find something. I have had good luck getting parts for my 95 Warrior from Litchtsinn. Some of the parts for Winnebago are kink of pricey but it would be a place to start. Here's a link.
Order Winnebago Parts Online - Lichtsinn RV Motor Home Parts
Old 04-17-2017, 03:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hufficon View Post
I couldn't find that part number in the Dorman catalogue. My dad owned a parts store that sold dorman products and they made some heavy duty parts as well. They do have some metal ones. I thought I might be able to match that part number with one of the metal ones. I wonder if that was an old number that may be superseded with another number. If you find an old school parts store those guys are usually very helpful in finding odd parts. The newer chain stores usually don't have too many people that will go to the shelf and try to find something. I have had good luck getting parts for my 95 Warrior from Litchtsinn. Some of the parts for Winnebago are kink of pricey but it would be a place to start. Here's a link.
Order Winnebago Parts Online - Lichtsinn RV Motor Home Parts
Ugh, sorry for the typo. The Dorman part is 76946. Also I at least have gotten in touch with someone from Winnebagoparts.com. If that doesn't work out I will try the site you gave. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2017, 03:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Well another ugh, I just found out that I can't order just the handle from Winnebagoparts.com. I have to get the whole kit for $113, which is what that part number is.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:45 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Looks like the dorman part fits 89-99 fords. Some F-100 thru F-800 and some Mustangs as well. Tou may want to find a salvage yard and look at some old pickups. I bet they might have a metal handle. You may need to mod them like you did the Dorman or they might just fit. I am sure the Dorman part is made to fit the most models possible so it may have extra material. Should be a lot cheaper than the kit.
1995 Warrior (former)
Old 04-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Take you old handle to a junk yard and start searching all the junked cars and trucks. I'm sure you will find a handle that works. If it is in bad condition spray paint does wonders.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:56 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Well Litchsinn RV parts told me the same thing as Winnebagoparts.com, have to order whole kit.
Thanks for replies...maybe I'll make my first visit ever to a junkyard sometime...

Tags
adventurer, vent, window, winnebago