Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Why are there so few Adventurers out there?

Why do I see little info or used Adventurers out there? Is it because of the cost for a gas A? You can almost go up to Forza for a few bucks more? But the Forza is low end on the diesel and Adventurers are high end on gas. What say yee?
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosman View Post
Why do I see little info or used Adventurers out there? Is it because of the cost for a gas A? You can almost go up to Forza for a few bucks more? But the Forza is low end on the diesel and Adventurers are high end on gas. What say yee?
our current MH is a Suncruiser (Itasca version of the Adventurer...think Ford and Lincoln Mercury) as was our most recent previous MH. there are several others in the park where we are currently parked. maybe you're looking in the wrong places? looking to buy??

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:12 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

If your talking about used ones not being plentiful......it's kind of like the Newmar Bay Star as (one) example. It's such a great rig, those who have 'em, are keeping 'em.

Regards,
W.D.

2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511, Good Sam, Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:58 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We have one and there are quite a few others in the park we're at. Given the number of other MH's, fifth wheels and travel trailers available I think there's a reasonable showing of adventurers here. I intend to keep ours as long as I can keep it going. We're next to a fifth wheel that's one year newer than our rig but looks 10 years older. Part of that is owner maintenance but not all of it. I'm pretty proud of the way our 14 year old rig looks.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
You're making the assumption that because the Forza is diesel powered it's "moving up". The Forza was introduced in 2014. The Adventurer 35P and the Forza 34T are almost identical in size and capacity. They also have similar amenities.

The difference in starting price between the current year Adventurer 37F and a current year Forza 34T is about $26,000.00. That's roughly the difference in the cost of a diesel and gas chassis.

One thing is that the smallest Adventurer is now the 37F at 37' 6" it doesn't appeal to those looking for shorter motorhomes. In previous years they were available is shorter lengths. Our 2013 Adventurer 32H is 33' 3" long.

The 2017 Forza 34T at 35' 6" is actually shorter than the smallest Adventurer. Personally we are not interested in a diesel powered motorhome. It will be a tough decision to make the next time we're in the market. We prefer the shorter gas powered models with amenities similar to our current Adventurer. This combination isn't currently available from Winnebago.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Hikerdogs, They still make the 35P. They changed the 32H to a 32D then dropped it.
https://winnebagoind.com/products/cl...rer/floorplans
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
Hikerdogs, They still make the 35P. They changed the 32H to a 32D then dropped it.
https://winnebagoind.com/products/cl...rer/floorplans
I stand corrected. Looking at some dealer pricing I see the initial asking price on several is $209,000.00. To further confuse things there's one online dealer claiming the MSRP of the 35P is $246,000.00+. For some reason that doesn't sound realistic. Then again maybe I'm behind the times. In any case either price puts even less distance between the Adventurer and the Forza since the Forza has a starting MSRP of $228,000.00.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:27 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I think Winnebago had an overall winner with the older Adventurers on the Workhorse chassis. Like the energizer bunny, they just keep going and people hang on to them. Other than the habitual Winnebago defaults such as windshield frames that rust out, windshields that leak, fiberglass panels that crack and craze, panels that fall off the outside of the unit, etc., they are great units.
litewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:25 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

We love our new to us Adventurer but searched all over for one like ours. Whoever had ours took care of it and with any luck it will last for some more adventures !
Old 03-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #10
Site Team

Our 35p is due from the factory on 4/7, so there will be at least one more on the road! :-)
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:27 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by litewave View Post
I think Winnebago had an overall winner with the older Adventurers on the Workhorse chassis. Like the energizer bunny, they just keep going and people hang on to them. Other than the habitual Winnebago defaults such as windshield frames that rust out, windshields that leak, fiberglass panels that crack and craze, panels that fall off the outside of the unit, etc., they are great units.
Don't forget roofs that peel off and fly into the lake in a stiff sidewind as you're crossing a causeway.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:04 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMynes View Post
Don't forget roofs that peel off and fly into the lake in a stiff sidewind as you're crossing a causeway.
There's a simple, inexpensive preventative for that...2" Eternabond tape along the edge down into the J channel. And for end cap leaks, 4" E-bond covering the seams.

And for the windshield, black Gorilla tape seals it up nicely...and works well I'm told. I'll be putting it on mine here soon. If you've had a long term Winnie leak in 10's of rain showers, probably won't help much.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2005 Adventure 33V with 35k miles on it and without any problems. It still looks like it came off dealership lot.
noice74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:47 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by litewave View Post
Hahahaha, so, in other words you're speaking of the Workhorse chassis, and that's all. If the sides fall apart and the roof peels off, what's left?

2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511, Good Sam, Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:07 PM   #15
Site Team

Preventive maintenance is key. I use MaintainMyRV.com to make sure I getter done! :-) I probably go over board, but it's a labor of love and I have had no issues with my current Winnebago.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:26 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Some of you digressed from my original question. Hiker agreed with me that the Adventurer has become too expensive and you can get into the Forza for about the same price. So my theory is correct. Only one of you has a new one- all the rest have old ones that are like tanks. Will be interesting to see if the new one will have the dreaded slide problems.
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:32 PM   #17
Site Team

Why are there so few Adventurers out there?

The Forza and Journey use the same slides, so I guess I'd have the same issue regardless. I chose the Adventurer because I wanted Journey quality in a gasser. They seem to be selling them as fast as they can make them. I waited 4 months to get mine. This decision fit my needs, but the great thing about motorhomes is that there are so many variations you can usually find one that meets your needs. Best of luck to you in your research!
Old 03-26-2017, 07:47 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
That was exactly us!

We started out looking at the Adventurer when we were ready to upgrade from our 2007 Sightseer.

We loved the layout of the 38Q but when we actually saw one we found the bedroom to be a lot smaller than we had imagined and it was a deal killer.

I also took it for a test drive and while the ride had improved from out 2007 Sightseer which had the 19.5 wheels it still road and had the power of a gas model.

After the disappointment we saw a Forza sitting on the lot and took a walk though. It was a nice looking unit but we didn't act right away.

Over the next several weeks I did some research and I got more interested in the Forza.

The 36G was the floor plan the wife and I preferred so we went to our dealer and really checked one out.

I agree. With some diesels I have seen it is on the lower end but it had a very simple elegance that suits our style.

Once I drove it I was sold! Wow what a difference! The ride and the power difference was incredible. It was so quiet compared to my Sightseer and the Adventurer.

Don't get me wrong we loved our Sightseer. We raised our children in that rig. It near broke my heart to let her go.

When it got down to the bottom line if we went with the Adventurer we were trading for a little more glitz and glamour but the unit was essentially the same. With the Foza we got about the same as we had in the glitz and glamour department but a huge difference in driving handling and we were entering a whole new class.
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:52 AM   #19
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Some of you digressed from my original question. Hiker agreed with me that the Adventurer has become too expensive and you can get into the Forza for about the same price. So my theory is correct. Only one of you has a new one- all the rest have old ones that are like tanks. Will be interesting to see if the new one will have the dreaded slide problems.
I didn't mean to imply the Adventurer was over priced. What I meant to imply is that there has to be some logic as to why the Adventurer and Forza are so similarly priced. I believe the difference between the price of the gas chassis and the diesel chassis is more than the difference between the MSRP's.

That leads me to believe there are differences in the quality of the amenities and systems. While they both have refrigerators, air conditioners, ranges, entertainment systems, etc. etc., there may be differences in the quality of those items.

Before making a choice I would make an item by item assessment of each coach. Does one have higher end components than the other? Are the air conditioner/heat pumps, and appliances the same, do the entertainment systems have the same quality components, is the furniture and cabinetry of equal quality.

I'm not being judgmental, but rather questioning how they could sell a model with a gas chassis at a price so close to that of one with a diesel chassis without having differences in the other systems included in each motorhome.

Personally I have not made this assessment. We did make a similar assessment between the Sightseer and the Adventurer in 2013 when we purchased our current motorhome. We felt the difference in systems, amenities, and available options warranted the difference in price.

Keep in mind the smallest F53 gas chassis has a starting price of a little over $27,000.00. From the research I've done the closest I can come to determining the starting price for the Freightliner XCS chassis is a little over double the price.

From the Winnebago website, the MSRP for the smallest Adventurer is $187,000.00. The MSRP for the smallest Forza is $217,000.00. The difference is roughly $30,000.00 which is about the difference in the price of the chassis.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:29 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

I done a nationwide search on rvt and there are a bunch on there for sale ?

Tags
adventurer, vent