Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-10-2017, 04:06 PM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by More-Gas View Post
WE love our Adventurer 35U if we buy another it will be another Winnebago most likely an Adventurer. Congrtats on the new rig. Safe Travels

Thanks! Wishing you safe travels to you, too!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:34 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdozer View Post
I agree that there are not many 2012 and newer used out there. We have a 2014 37F and we are looking to trade "up" to a DP. We are looking at a Thor Venetian with a floor plan we really like. I have been trying to get an idea of what our Adventurer is worth so we can really see how much it will actually cost us to switch. I entered our numbers into the NADA estimator but I would rather see real prices on the resale side. Anyone know where I might find some "real" numbers?
$90-100k is about all the dealers in Texas will give you on trade. Been there, done that with my 2015 Adventurer 38Q towards the DP trade. Sucked. Just turned over 10k miles and the RV has been garage kept since I bought it in late 2014. Still looks pretty new if someone is interested.
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:28 PM   #43
Winnebago Watcher

We just traded up to an 05 Adventurer, still have not used it. We may look at upgrading the steering though as it wandered on the windy drive home. Mac, congrats on your new one, very nice!
moparjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:34 PM   #44
Winnebago Camper

I bought a 1997 37ft Adventurer last year with about 51k miles on it, my first RV.
Wbago97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:31 PM   #45
Winnie-Wise

Oh, we have one. 04 Adventurer 33V on a Workhorse. Our sixth full season with her (Hilda).

04 Winnebago Adventurer by Gene Martel, on Flickr
Old 09-21-2017, 06:01 PM   #46
Winnebago Owner

2015 Adventurer

I've been reading through the post and am not sure what Gosman's objective is here. If your intent is to buy a Forza, then just ask the question. The reason there are not many Adventurers out there is because people keep them. Those that want them new better act quick because they aren't making them anymore.

You can not compare Forza to Adventurer. Two different motorhomes that serve two different audiences.

Your comment about not finding used ones is correct; far and few between. If you truly want a used one, couple years old, as you put it, you can find it. You have to be serious, and you can't wait around for the Great American Giveaway.

You and I have had this discussion via email if you remember, recently as well. If you were serious, you would have found and bought one by now. I have to assume you aren't a serious buyer or you would have continued our conversations. I have lowered my price again to a more than fair price. If you are serious, then reach out.
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:54 PM   #47
Winnebago Camper

Times they are a changing. Better engines, better transmissions, solar energy, smaller more fuel efficient-- etc etc etc. Less room for the big RVs and National Parks only accepting smaller RVs. Boomers downsizing to smaller more agile RVs. We must change with the times. The larger RVs will be harder and harder to sell at the prices the owners think they are valued.
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:12 AM   #48
RC Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbago97 View Post
I bought a 1997 37ft Adventurer last year with about 51k miles on it, my first RV.
I am retired but my wife is still working with plans on retiring at the first of the year. We found a very nice & extremely clean 1994 Adventurer RA with 60,000 miles & lots of NEW upgrades including new tires & brakes. The engine is the 454 with the Banks system installed along with all new LCD TVs. Its in the shop right now having all the running gear checked out & making sure everything is in proper order before hitting the road.This is our very first RV & are excited in going on our first ever short trip with it. Looking forward to happy peaceful times with it.
D4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:46 PM   #49
Site Team

Congrats on your Adventurer. Wishing you many great adventures in it!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:01 AM   #50
Winnebago Camper

We love ours to bad they stopped making them

Our is a 2003 and in great condition. We were looking at replacing her with another Adventurer as the design fits our RV style. Now that they have dropped the Adventurer from the line I guess we will have to look for a used one. For now we will just keep grooming the old one.
michealwhela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:21 AM   #51
Winnebago Master

The still make the Adventurer they just shuffled the names around a bit so that the Sightseer is the current $185,000+ gas coach.

Check out the walk throughs:

We keep looking but see no compelling reason to change out our 2001 Adventurer 35U except the size being a bit too much for some of the older more quaint and folksy camps. Some have chided us over the years for hanging onto such a small one however that tide is changing and it appears we were simply ahead of the curve. I thought that I wanted a Workhorse chassis however I had to make due with the Ford and now that I have lived with the Ford I count myself lucky. No Bosch brake issues and the V10 is still a common engine used in the SuperDuty trucks.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:59 AM   #52
Winnebago Watcher

Thats right we love our old 2000 35u
rwinke26200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:43 PM   #53
RC Flyer

Well, being completely NEW to having an RV I really don't know which is the best way to go or the best unit to buy. We found this one online & visited the private owner & test drove it. We looked over everything we knew at the time to look over & based one what we saw & the price we decided to go ahead & but it. Did we make a mistake? I have no way of knowing right now. Its in the shop having the parking brake system completely replaced & updated & other than that we are not aware of any other problems although we have not had a chance to take it out for a trip yet. I've checked out the operating systems & everything seem to be working correctly. I might have to replace the front springs in the future & maybe the air bladders but really not certain about that at this time. All we can do is "hope" we did the right thing by buying it. It appears to be in very good shape inside & out & has a lot of new things installed. Only time will tell I guess.
D4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:12 PM   #54
Winnebago Watcher

We have Adventurer 2010
Awiunega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, vent