Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2007, 06:37 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Hey Guys, the spec on the 34A has a Gross combined wieght of 26K with the WH, empty with just chassis fluids around 16.8k fully loaded with all fluids and gear according to specs is 20.7k leaves 5.3k fully loaded. I scaled mine out as we normally travel (about a 1/3 on the fresh h20 tank, grey and black empty) and wieghed out just a hair over 19K With my heavy trailer and 2 atv's we scaled at 22.4k. I wouldn't trust bago's 5k hitch for anything other then toad, so I put a 10k hitch on and trailer brakes. 7.5k probaly is pushing it a bit, but with the trailer balanced with good hitch and trailer brakes, I don't see a problem.

05 Sightseer 34A
rvdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:11 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Yahooooooooooooooooooooo! Just got a call and they are done building the Itasca and I should have it in 1-2 weeks.

2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax-Allison
bccsrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:08 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

I don't know if the battery area under the entry step is the same size as the one on my 2004 Sightseer 27C but if it is then you can put Four 6volt golf cart batteries & a 12 volt chassis battery under the step I did.

Larger pic of my batteries under the entry step
MikeCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:47 AM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeCoke:
I don't know if the battery area under the entry step is the same size as the one on my 2004 Sightseer 27C but if it is then you can put Four 6volt golf cart batteries & a 12 volt chassis battery under the step I did.

Larger pic of my batteries under the entry step </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Overall battery compartment size looks similar to my 34A; since I've never looked at them before, are golf cart batteries smaller in physical size compared to an automotive battery? What are the advantages to using golf cart batteries? And lastly, what is the cost differential?
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:05 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Here is a picture of some Trojan T-105's in a Sightseer. I'm not sure who owns the RV.

I don't think it will be a problem getting all my Trojan T-105's to fit with the chassis battery too!

Old 03-24-2007, 07:21 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard 34.5A:
Overall battery compartment size looks similar to my 34A; since I've never looked at them before, are golf cart batteries smaller in physical size compared to an automotive battery? What are the advantages to using golf cart batteries? And lastly, what is the cost differential? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The dimensions on the Trojan T-105's are (L x W x H) 10 3/8 x 7 1/8 x 10 7/8

The advantage of going with 6 volts are the Amp Hours that you get. You can run the TV and other stuff longer because you have more amps.

6 volt batteries have more amps then 12 volt batteries.

2 Trojan T-105's can run at 25 Amps for 894 minutes and at 75 Amps they can run for 230 minutes. You can imagine how long they will last if you have 4 of them.

The funny thing about all of this is I have never even used them yet.

I believe they sell them at NAPA for $89.00 each. One more thing to think about is that they weigh 62 lbs each.

Brandon

Old 03-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #27

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bccsrc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard 34.5A:
Overall battery compartment size looks similar to my 34A; since I've never looked at them before, are golf cart batteries smaller in physical size compared to an automotive battery? What are the advantages to using golf cart batteries? And lastly, what is the cost differential? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The dimensions on the Trojan T-105's are (L x W x H) 10 3/8 x 7 1/8 x 10 7/8

I believe they sell them at NAPA for $89.00 each. One more thing to think about is that they weigh 62 lbs each.

Brandon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might be something I would considr next time I need to replace batteries; just for fun I did a Google search and checked out a few websites. I saw prices ranging from $145 to over $300 per battery! (Trojan Storage Battery T105 Golf Cart Replacement Battery)
Old 03-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Might be something I would considr next time I need to replace batteries; just for fun I did a Google search and checked out a few websites. I saw prices ranging from $145 to over $300 per battery! (Trojan Storage Battery T105 Golf Cart Replacement Battery) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might want to check this out too

http://www.ccis.com/home/mnemeth/12volt/12volt.htm

They have a lot of good information about 6 volt versus 12 volt batteries.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Where is your inverter? I found the Wiring Diagram for the 34A and I think I see it up by the Central Control System for the Video Equipment. Is that true?

4 days and counting till I pick up my new toy!

Old 04-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #30

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bccsrc:
Where is your inverter? I found the Wiring Diagram for the 34A and I think I see it up by the Central Control System for the Video Equipment. Is that true?

4 days and counting till I pick up my new toy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct! On my 2005 it's mounted in with the audio and video equipment,above the passenger side. I wish Winnebago had installed one a little larger in size but I can upgrade it easy enough somewhere down the road.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:57 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Correct! On my 2005 it's mounted in with the audio and video equipment,above the passenger side. I wish Winnebago had installed one a little larger in size but I can upgrade it easy enough somewhere down the road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess that is kind of what I was worried about. How much room do you have there to install a bigger inverter? I will probably swap mine out for bigger one. Is the inverter on a shelf by itself?

If I would wait til Saturday I would know the answer.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #32
Winnebago Camper

We just purchased a new 2006 sightseer 33T and just returned from our first trip with it to the Outer Banks. I couldn't believe the difference in the drive with Allison 6-speed trans compared with Class C we previously had. Like driving a Caddie.
jimo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimo3:
We just purchased a new 2006 sightseer 33T and just returned from our first trip with it to the Outer Banks. I couldn't believe the difference in the drive with Allison 6-speed trans compared with Class C we previously had. Like driving a Caddie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is exactly what I like to hear. I get to pick mine up on Saturday morning. I can't wait.....

Old 04-13-2007, 06:24 AM   #34
Winnebago Camper

Well we picked up our new Itasca Sunova 34A. We are very happy with it. There are only a few minor issues that need fixed. We are taking the RV in tonight. They are going to install the Movin' View Satellite Dish too. I can't wait to try that out.

Richard 34.5A,

My DVD/Surround Sound does in fact work off the inverter along with the rear and front tv. Well that was until it quit working. That is on my list of things that need fixed.

My 4 6 volts will not fit in the battery compartment. My good friend is going to help me move the engine battery into the engine compartment by welding on a new bracket and hold down for the engine battery. After that is done I can put my 4 6 volts in the stair battery compartment. I will post pics when we are done. We plan on working on this on the 21st of this month.

Here are some pictures of our new Itasca Sunova 34A:

One Proud Owner! Brandon

Old 04-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #35

Well we picked up our new Itasca Sunova 34A. We are very happy with it. There are only a few minor issues that need fixed. We are taking the RV in tonight. They are going to install the Movin' View Satellite Dish too. I can't wait to try that out.

Richard 34.5A,

My DVD/Surround Sound does in fact work off the inverter along with the rear and front tv. Well that was until it quit working. That is on my list of things that need fixed.

Here are some pictures of our new Itasca Sunova 34A:

One Proud Owner! Brandon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice looking Sunova you have there! I looked at the inverter in mine over the weekend but didn't readily see how to access the back of it to see what's plugged (or not plugged) in to it. As usual, looks like a project to pull it out, maybe with the Surround Sound unit.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:58 PM   #36
Winnebago Camper

Nice looking Sunova you have there! I looked at the inverter in mine over the weekend but didn't readily see how to access the back of it to see what's plugged (or not plugged) in to it. As usual, looks like a project to pull it out, maybe with the Surround Sound unit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richard,

This might help you some:

Click Me.....

Maybe you can plug your DVD/Surround Player in the same outlet as the TV.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:52 AM   #37

Nice looking Sunova you have there! I looked at the inverter in mine over the weekend but didn't readily see how to access the back of it to see what's plugged (or not plugged) in to it. As usual, looks like a project to pull it out, maybe with the Surround Sound unit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this information 2005 specific, or is it from 2007? My MH has a different set-up: I don't have the Wineguard switches.

Richard,

This might help you some:

Click Me.....

Maybe you can plug your DVD/Surround Player in the same outlet as the TV. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-16-2007, 06:04 AM   #38
Winnebago Camper

That is for 2005. If you go out to where I started this post you can see in Bold "Winnebago Industries Electrical & Plumbing Diagrams & Parts Catalogs"

They have a lot of electrical diagrams. They have Wiring Diagrams from 1997 - 2007. It's pretty cool that a RV Manufacturer would make it that easy to see this stuff.

Brandon

Old 04-16-2007, 01:26 PM   #39
Winnebago Camper

Aint that the truth! Those diagrams have helped me understand alot about my coach. now if I can only figure out how to get the surround sound working offf the TV only I would be happy. =)
Old 04-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #40
Winnebago Camper

BTW heres pics of the new coach.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/guntruck...60762383965495