Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #1

Where's the Adventurer category??

Many issues with our 14' Adventurer 37F. Wondering if other Adventurer owners have issues and what they did to resolve. heard that there was going to be separate forums for them like Forest River does on this site, they break forums down by model..very helpful..
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2014 37F. Have had minor problems so far. Been using it since May 1st. First trip this past weekend.
bz_ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:40 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Separate forums would be silly all Winnebago built on the same line. Have you taken the factory tour?
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bz_ny View Post
I have a 2014 37F. Have had minor problems so far. Been using it since May 1st. First trip this past weekend.
Hi and thanks for your reply. what are some of the issues you have had? We bought our 37F in late Feb

Ray
Old 06-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Separate forums would be silly all Winnebago built on the same line. Have you taken the factory tour?
Sub forums would be a great idea [Moderator Edit]. With all of the different models Winnebago manufactures, having them separated by model would make things a LOT easier. Never mind that diesels and gassers are very different..there are designs and issues that are exclusive to the 37F no matter what line it is built on. Why would an Adventurer owner need to see threads about Tours? Also allows other Adventurer owners to communicate with each other. Had a FR Georgetown and the Forest River blog had all the models in sub forums and it was great. [Moderator Edit]
Old 06-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I would vote for sub forums.
69judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We picked up our Adventurer 35P yesterday. A few little things that that dealer took care of. Shake down trip next week. I would like to see a sub forum to discuss issues with other Adventurer owners.

2013 Elantra GT - SMI Stay-In-Play, Blue Ox set up.
follows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycyn778 View Post
Sub forums would be a great idea [Moderator Edit]. With all of the different models Winnebago manufactures, having them separated by model would make things a LOT easier. Never mind that diesels and gassers are very different..there are designs and issues that are exclusive to the 37F no matter what line it is built on. Why would an Adventurer owner need to see threads about Tours? Also allows other Adventurer owners to communicate with each other. Had a FR Georgetown and the Forest River blog had all the models in sub forums and it was great. [Moderator Edit]
I respectfully dis-agree. I guess you have not noticed how many threads are created in the wrong forum, which the mods work hard to relocate to the forum that is obviously more appropriate. Having a separate forum for each MANUFACTURER makes sense to me, and we have those, but only a few of them have the sub forums for individual models, and those get mis-posted to quite often.

I hope you will agree that many of the components WBGO uses are the same, whether in a Tour or an Adventurer.

The mods work for free here, lets not add to their burden. If the thread title doesn't pertain to the subject you are interested in, just don't open it.

Like you, I have a 37F (mine is older), but I'm glad to help if you have a specific question or problem you're trying to solve.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #9
Site Team

I agree that keeping in one forum is best, since there are so many common aspects to Winnebago Motorhomes. Otherwise, I'd subscribe to all...

2013 Itasca Sunstar 26HE, 2014 Honda CRV with Roadmaster tow package, RVing on weekends and vacation since June 2012
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
I respectfully dis-agree. I guess you have not noticed how many threads are created in the wrong forum, which the mods work hard to relocate to the forum that is obviously more appropriate. Having a separate forum for each MANUFACTURER makes sense to me, and we have those, but only a few of them have the sub forums for individual models, and those get mis-posted to quite often.

I hope you will agree that many of the components WBGO uses are the same, whether in a Tour or an Adventurer.

The mods work for free here, lets not add to their burden. If the thread title doesn't pertain to the subject you are interested in, just don't open it.

Like you, I have a 37F (mine is older), but I'm glad to help if you have a specific question or problem you're trying to solve.
Hi, I appreciate the offer of help, thanks... but your comment that WBGO uses the same components is not nearly true. The list of like components would be tiny compared to the list of ones that aren't.
Just take a quick look at Forest River Forums and you will see how it is so much easier for the users and the administrators. The sub groups only have threads that pertain to their line, not individual models. Like I said in an earlier post, there is not much info that I could get from a Tour owner, or a Tour owner could get from me but from a group of Tour owners, info would be very beneficial. this also would reduce the amount of wrongly posted threads as people see that they are all lumped into one category.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:36 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Issues I have had with our 2014 37F:
Drawer in galley had slide rails out of parallel (fixed myself)
Outside Grab rail screws rusted (replaced with SS from Lowes)
Outside Compartment locks (3) key'd wrong (replaced by Winnebago)
Hotwater Heater on propane would not stay lit. (adjusted flame myself)
Towel ring missing in back bath (Winnebago sent one)
Plastic vents on drivers door window missing (they snap in)
Full wall slide topper billows in strong winds (spring tension?) on list
Leveling jacks "pop" (TBD) I have seen this is a known issue. Nuisance mostly.
Ipod connection not accessible (its on the rear of the InfoCenter)
Hate the Rand/Good Sam GPS (posted on another thread)
Had to connect antenna on back of Blu-Ray for FM.
As I said mostly minor.

Modifications:
Added sewer hose holder
Added Hooks to shower door for towels (command hooks, but used 2 part epoxy to hold them)
Added Fumoto Engine oil drain
Switched engine oil to full synthetic
Added Progressive Industries power monitor (added after transfer switch protects Shore and Gen power)
Added in-line water filter in wet bay (blue inline and 90 deg brass fittings with short hose)

Need to add Valve Stem extensions (anyone done them?)

bz_ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:51 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
As I said mostly minor.

Modifications:
Added sewer hose holder
Added Hooks to shower door for towels (command hooks, but used 2 part epoxy to hold them)
Added Progressive Industries power monitor (added after transfer switch protects Shore and Gen power)
Added in-line water filter in wet bay (blue inline and 90 deg brass fittings with short hose)

I added Cat's Eye:

Link Cat's EyeŽ - Innovative Products for the Transporation Industry
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:16 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
You may be missing a lock
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

In the many years I've been on the forum, issues/problems/solutions that apply to only one model line are extremely rare, similar to equally rare issues that apply to only one floor plan, ie. 35u vs 37f. Mfg'ing techniques & habits differ greatly between brand names, but w/i brand names we have more in common than different. When I need info specific to my model, I put the model name in the subject line, i.e. "BIRD setup on 03 UA."

VALVE EXTENSIONS: ...my coach came w/3” solid metal extensions (on metal stems of course ...do not put extensions on rubber stems). On advice of a tire place when I had a cracked valve stem replace, I added rubber donut stabilizers where the extensions pass through the aluminum wheels. After I got a tpms with valve stem sensors the stabilizers didn't work well with the sensor. So about two years ago I got 4" metal extensions that get the sensor out where it does not interfere with the sensor. For more info ...and pics ...see Tire Date Codes/Tire Care
Old 06-26-2014, 09:22 AM   #15
Winnie-Wise

Hi,

I don't think you need separate forums for separate models as you can learn a lot from all models. True I don't need to know about DPers but some people have different ideas about things that hey may have changed.

Our Rv is a 2014 Adventurer 35 P and we have had a few problems but they were problems that the dealer caused by not checking on the options that were installed by the dealer. There was a problem with my propane heater that the factory overlooked and the dealer didn't catch but they repaired it.

If you really have a problem with your RV contact Winnebago direct and they are super plus they can email you drawings and wiring diagrams. Also they manufacturer most of the components for their coaches in other words if you needed a fresh water tank they have it there and it is not supplied by a vendor. Naturally appliances come from vendors such as Norcold or Dometic,etc.

We are on our 4th Winnebago and think they are tops in units they produce.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:25 AM   #16

Quote:
As I said mostly minor.

Modifications:
Added sewer hose holder

Hello, thanks for reply...I just got back from a 10 day trip to NH and here is my list:
*Fresh water tank sensor reads 1/3 always
*Fridge will not convert from AC to gas on auto, I have to change mode manually. (will be a problem if campground power goes out while we are away)
*bedroom top drawer flew out on corner (only partially full) destroying the slides with little ball bearings flying everywhere (locking clip defective)
*Main entrance door must be slammed to close. (Locked itself twice after closing, good thing I left a window unlocked, had to climb in through window!)
*Salon TV cable signal is very bad, other 2 TV's work fine
*Couch is not secured to floor, rocks badly and has trip breaker 3 times
*floor marks from slide in living area both sides..no problem with bedroom slide
*passenger front slide works intermittently, one night it would not open, the next night at a new campsite it did
*Bath night shade does not retract
*Paneling on the little half wall near entrance door came apart on the inside edge
Some are minor but some are important. Dealer is over 100 miles away.
Ray
Old 06-26-2014, 09:33 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-NC View Post
Hi,

I don't think you need separate forums for separate models as you can learn a lot from all models. True I don't need to know about DPers but some people have different ideas about things that hey may have changed.

Our Rv is a 2014 Adventurer 35 P and we have had a few problems but they were problems that the dealer caused by not checking on the options that were installed by the dealer. There was a problem with my propane heater that the factory overlooked and the dealer didn't catch but they repaired it.

If you really have a problem with your RV contact Winnebago direct and they are super plus they can email you drawings and wiring diagrams. Also they manufacturer most of the components for their coaches in other words if you needed a fresh water tank they have it there and it is not supplied by a vendor. Naturally appliances come from vendors such as Norcold or Dometic,etc.

We are on our 4th Winnebago and think they are tops in units they produce.

Tom, hello, we love our Adventurer. We traded a 2012 Georgetown 378 for ours and we had issues when we took delivery with it as well. Forest River has great customer service, reimbursed us for an alignment, paid to have the tires rotated, sent us new entrance steps when we had issues with the original steps and offered to pay for the labor. I have been fighting with Winnebago to reimburse me for the alignment I did on my 37F so I am a little worried about some of this other stuff. Did you get yours at Johnson's??
Old 06-26-2014, 10:02 AM   #18
Winnebago Master

bz_ny, Ipod connection not accessible (its on the rear of the InfoCenter)
The extension cable was missing on ours, Winnebago send me a new one. They do not use the usb extension cable.
Tech during PDI said the Ipod cable was not used anymore WRONG answer.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

I agree that subcategories, at first sound, like a good idea but since there are so many components that are used across the board I don't see the need. You might miss out an answer to a question if you only look in the "adventurer" sub-category.

As far as your punch list goes, it's really not that bad, especially for a 2014. PLEASE don't think I am excusing Winnebago or suggesting that we as consumers should not complain or demand that a unit be 100% when delivered but the fact is they are not. I have always told people if you want a coach that is 100% than buy a gently used one from a dedicated owner. They will have spent the time and money to fix all of those items.

One last comment was that you complain about the Rand built in GPS but you also said on another post that it was a Winnebago screwup and they gave that to you for free. IMO it's pretty hard to justify "hating" a free gift and then complaining about it.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #20
I helped | retired moderator

Thanks for your comments.

Our manufacturer forums are separated into manufacturers or brands. We don't have sub-forums for models within a particular brand as we would have far too many forums to manage and it would further fracture our forums into too many smaller forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycyn778 View Post
heard that there was going to be separate forums for them like Forest River does on this site, they break forums down by model..very helpful..

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, vent