Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-15-2015, 08:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Where to buy windows for 08 Tour

So, I've got two windows that need to be replaced, both identical. I have the part #'s, size, pictures, codes etc. Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement windows? Removal and reinstall I can do if I can find the windows.
TIA
Mike
mikenmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:12 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

What needs replacing? If the frames are okay and only the glass needs replacing then any window place should be able to replace them.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank. Jerry

That's what it would seem like!
I see you have a TD also, the windows I'm needing are the two dining room windows. 3 of the 4 panes have lost the seal and all the "glass companies" I have talked with say take them out and then they will try and duplicate the glass. and if they can't?? The concern is the very minimum of air space and the roll-out controls on the lower pane. So, no guarantees it can be done and no estimate of cost.
Thus the reason for needing a source for the OME windows. I plan to contact Winnebago again re this, so far no help there.I have found a company in Phoenix I sending pictures etc to but talking to them it sounds like that option might be veerry expensive. I do almost all my own work so R&R doesn't scare me, if the parts are available.
Thanks,
Mike
mikenmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Look up "SunCoast Designers" in Hudson Florida. They will remove the windows, clean the Glass, reassemble and install. If glass is too bad, they will replace the glass, then reassemble. Costs about $200 per widow. You can also try Dr. Fog in Arizona. Similar operation, but I have not used them.
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:23 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenmo View Post
. . . I plan to contact Winnebago again re this, so far no help there.,
Mike
I am not sure what your statement means.

Have you contacted Winnebago directly and asked for the Original Equipment Manufacturer? Have you called Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City, IA and asked them about replacements?
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:29 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Mike--Even though we both have 40TD's, the floor plans are different. My dining is on the drivers side and I believe your dining is on the passenger side. My windows all slide and yours seem to push out with a separate window at the bottom? Anyway we have been to RV Glass Solutions in Phoenix a couple of times for fogged windows and they are excellent. They are down here in the winter and back in Coburg, Or in the summer. Give them a call, assuming you are in the west.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:04 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
So, I've got two windows that need to be replaced, both identical. I have the part #'s, size, pictures, codes etc. Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement windows? Removal and reinstall I can do if I can find the windows.
TIA
Mike
I believe your windows are made by Atwood Mobile Products. If they are you can give them a call and order directly from them.

Easy RV Window Replacement

If you call them do it early in the morning. When we did ours the woman who fills customer orders in the parts department worked from 5:30 AM to 2:30 PM. She was very knowledgeable and easy to work with.

We ordered a replacement dual pane window for our 2001 Adventurer from them. It was less than $150.00 delivered to the door. We did the installation in less than a day. It would have taken only a couple hours on a warm summer day rather an all day affair the cool fall day we did it. In cool weather the butyl tape is a bear to get off. We had to use a hair dryer to warm it enough to pry it off.

We resealed one later on a warm summer day and it was painless compared to our first experience.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:02 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwasouth View Post
Look up "SunCoast Designers" in Hudson Florida. They will remove the windows, clean the Glass, reassemble and install. If glass is too bad, they will replace the glass, then reassemble. Costs about $200 per widow. You can also try Dr. Fog in Arizona. Similar operation, but I have not used them.
If you are in the Florida area, I highly recommend Suncoast. They do a good job with 1 day turnaround. They offer a pro-rated warranty of 10+ years, maybe more.

Other shops can do the same work. [ moderator edit ] but Suncoast has the process down where turnaround is about 1 day, and their price is extremely reasonable.

[ moderator edit ]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:18 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
TIA
Mike
Many coaches manufactures use the same windows. Try these folks for used windows: Used RV Parts And Accessories | Visone RV Monaco Parts Dealer | rvparts.visonerv.com

Send a picture along with the dimensions and your coach info.

Rick Y
Old 02-28-2015, 08:10 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We've had rvfogdr.com repair fogged tilt out windows over our buffet and a driver side slide window. Located in Searcy, AR (a bit NE of Little Rock). The windows have held up well and they were very accomodating - provided electric hookup for the duration of the repair. Good donut shop just around the block for breakfast!!

Tags
window