Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Wheelbase

Does anyone know what the wheelbase is on a 2008 adventurer 35a on a w24 chassis is?
lclewis49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

According to the brochure for all chassis variations the 2008 35A has a 228 inch wheelbase.

See page 10:
http://media.gowinnebago.com/models/...r-Brochure.pdf

According to the parts book on page 59 both the Ford and Workhorse chassis the 35A are also listed with a 228 inch wheelbase:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...08/8wfg35a.pdf
Old 12-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

This brochure says it's 228 inches. Wow beat by a minute!
Ron
Old 12-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

The brochure for my 06 35A on a 22 or 24K chassis shows a 228 inch wheelbase. You can download the 08 brochure from the Winnebago site for all the details of that model. Wow!! Beat by a minute and a second!!

Fran
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, we have been considering a couple different coaches and the 35a looks like it has a nice floor plan although we have not seen one in person yet. I know all coaches can have issues but was wondering if there might be something in particular with this model/year coach that I should be aware of. We are also looking at a tiffin and one thing I noticed is that tiffin seems to have pretty long wheelbases on their gas coaches. The tiffin we are looking at is listed as a 32 and it has a 228 wheelbase.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclewis49 View Post
Thanks, we have been considering a couple different coaches and the 35a looks like it has a nice floor plan although we have not seen one in person yet. I know all coaches can have issues but was wondering if there might be something in particular with this model/year coach that I should be aware of. We are also looking at a tiffin and one thing I noticed is that tiffin seems to have pretty long wheelbases on their gas coaches. The tiffin we are looking at is listed as a 32 and it has a 228 wheelbase.
FWIW, the "standard" WB lengths available on modern gassers are 208", 228", and 242" . You may find coaches (like mine) with non-standard WB and those will have been cut and spliced to meet the coach design.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We really enjoy our Sunrise 35A on a 22K chassis (4 months snowbirds in winter and some summer/fall use). I love the WH chassis: plenty of pulling power for the Toad (I travel on the east coast, so the hills aren't as bad as out west). The Adventurer may be an upgrade over our Sunrise. From the Adventurer brochure it seems it has 50 amp service as standard (ours has 30 amp and we have to monitor some usage). The 24K chassis should give you more breathing room, especially if it is equipped with the washer/drier combo, which we don't have. The front opposing slides make for a very open living room/kitchen area. If you Wallydock, everything is accessible with all the slides in, except for the bedroom drawers and the kitchen under-sink cabinet. The motoraid heating system is great for heating the hot water tank and providing coach heat while underway(reduces LPG usage) . The 35A has some of the largest freshwater and gray water holding tanks on a gas-engine MH--great for boondocking.

I've made a few mods to help with livability: changed out both TV's for LED's (gained lots of storage space and reduced the weight!), added a 1000W MSW inverter (a 600W MSW is an option, but we didn't have one), changed out the charger/converter for a "smart" one (helps to quick charge the batteries when boondocking), swapped out the two 12V coach batteries for two 6V GC batteries (easy swap, just needs longer hold down rods and a little wiring), added a window awning on the DS slideout windows (not available on my model), added pull-down, "see-thru" shades on the driver's door and passenger side windows to reduce sun glare, while driving.

There are a couple of issues that I've found: The waterpump/tank valve storage bay is not heated on a 35A (the plumbing bay and PS front storage bays are heated). I've gotten around this by drilling four 3 inch holes between this storage bay and the front storage bay on the PS. The second item, I believe is common to many gas Winnebago's of this era, is: a very long drop hitch is needed for towing, depending on the item being towed. This can lead to some hitch scrapping on some inclines/dips.

Hope this helps on your decision!

Fran
Old 12-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Great information, as it is always good to get inputs from current owners. We full timed for a couple of years in a 43' country coach that worked out very well for us during that time period. We ended up buying a house and have since sold the country coach but are looking to get another smaller coach for short occasional trips. We don't have a lot of experience with gas coaches so we have been learning a lot about the different models that are available. We would be towing a slightly lifted jeep wrangler so maybe the drop would not be too severe.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
According to the parts book on page 59 both the Ford and Workhorse chassis the 35A are also listed with a 228 inch wheelbase:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...08/8wfg35a.pdf
Neil, would this parts book be available for a 2006 Itasca (or Winnebago) 35A on a 22K Workhorse chassis? Do you have a link for it?

Thanks, Fran

Oops! Never mind--found it on the Winnebago site!!