Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-28-2018, 03:29 PM   #1
Site Team

What's this electrical button for??

Recently, a very small wire with a push button on the end of it that has dropped out of the top cabinet at the front passenger side A pillar.

I have no idea what it's for.

It has a piece of paper on it that says:

For Programming Purposes Only (Night)

Here's a photo:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2770.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	169640  
Old 05-28-2018, 03:48 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

It is a switch to put your MCD shades into the programming mode. Dont press it until you d/l the programming instructions for your power shades from the MCD web site.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
It is a switch to put your MCD shades into the programming mode. Dont press it until you d/l the programming instructions for your power shades from the MCD web site.
what he said. there should be others like it.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

There should be two of these: one for the solar shade and one for the night shade. Programming instructions and videos are available. Try the MCD website and UTube.
jbarry130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:08 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Recently, a very small wire with a push button on the end of it that has dropped out of the top cabinet at the front passenger side A pillar.

I have no idea what it's for.

It has a piece of paper on it that says:

For Programming Purposes Only (Night)

Here's a photo:

Yup. There's another one like it hiding up there. If you need to adjust the up and down stops of your shades these are needed, as well as two people and the ignition key.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:30 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Yup. There's another one like it hiding up there. If you need to adjust the up and down stops of your shades these are needed, as well as two people and the ignition key.
i never understood why the shade adjustments were on the passenger side but the up/down switches were on the driver's side. so....i had the adjustment switches relocated to the driver's side making adjusting the stops a 1-person job.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:55 PM   #7
Retired Sailor and Wench

Shade adjustment

I have a 2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F and have discovered that I have two of those things hanging down on the passenger side by the shades; but, mine don't have any buttons.

Now I know what they are for but don't know how to use them. Yesterday, I discovered that my night shade would power down but not up. Because I had to drive the rig to get new tires, I ended up manually rolling the shade up.

Any advice/tips?
Tailhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:09 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

the shades are programmed from the factory to roll up/down the entire height of the windshield with the engine OFF. with the engine running they will only roll down a few inches. the instructions for programming the shades are in one of your manual supplements in your documents bag.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:19 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

The button unit makes is very easy to program the shades. But you can do the same thing with a wire that can connect the two bare ends together. And if you use a long two wire piece, you can do it all from the driver's seat.

I only got one button for my shades, and move it from night shade wires, to the day shade wires as I go through the programming process.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:04 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
i never understood why the shade adjustments were on the passenger side but the up/down switches were on the driver's side. so....i had the adjustment switches relocated to the driver's side making adjusting the stops a 1-person job.

Good point. But, moving the contactors to the drivers side is still not much help for me unless they are mounted near the power switches. My controls are by my left elbow.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:15 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailhooker View Post
I have a 2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F and have discovered that I have two of those things hanging down on the passenger side by the shades; but, mine don't have any buttons.

Now I know what they are for but don't know how to use them. Yesterday, I discovered that my night shade would power down but not up. Because I had to drive the rig to get new tires, I ended up manually rolling the shade up.

Any advice/tips?

A small gauge wire loop is all you need. Short the leads together in the manner described in the instructions for adjusting the shades. You will need two pair of hands.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:22 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Good point. But, moving the contactors to the drivers side is still not much help for me unless they are mounted near the power switches. My controls are by my left elbow.
my shade controls are also on my left. I use my left hand to power the shades and my right for the programming.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:10 PM   #13
Retired Sailor and Wench

MCD Powered Shade Programming

I went to my rig this morning to check and I was mistaken in my previous post. In fact, both of my shade programming wires have the push button on them. The instructions for programming the limits are contained in the Owners Manual
Supplement Vol. 2.

Thanks for all the information, folks!
Tailhooker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical