Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We just purchased a new Winnie Tour 40TD and are eagerly awaiting delivery next week. As fulltimers, we looked closely at quite a few coaches for these features:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Full tile in the living area; <LI> Excellent Systems (power management, tanks, etc); <LI> pass through storage; <LI> lots of closet space; <LI> Carrying Capacity; etc.[/list]
We seriously compared the Tiffin Phaeton, and the Monaco Diplomat (as well as a few others), but found that the Tour had the best combination of features for us. I think Winnebago has a real winner on this floorplan and the Maxum chassis. We will keep you posted on how the coach does.

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We just purchased a new Winnie Tour 40TD and are eagerly awaiting delivery next week. As fulltimers, we looked closely at quite a few coaches for these features:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Full tile in the living area; <LI> Excellent Systems (power management, tanks, etc); <LI> pass through storage; <LI> lots of closet space; <LI> Carrying Capacity; etc.[/list]
We seriously compared the Tiffin Phaeton, and the Monaco Diplomat (as well as a few others), but found that the Tour had the best combination of features for us. I think Winnebago has a real winner on this floorplan and the Maxum chassis. We will keep you posted on how the coach does.

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
Old 02-22-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Rick, congratulations on the purchase of your new coach!! Sounds like you did your homework well.

Good luck on your delivery process. Let us know how you make out on the new coach issues.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Way to go Rick, I have to say I envy you in a good way. Full timing and in such a Marvel of engineering as the Tour to boot. I wish you and your better half all the best of health and happiness I can only imagine full timing brings. Please keep us up to date, as I know you will, so we can all dream.
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations Rick. Look forward to hearing about your adventures and what you think of the Maxum chassis.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations. Good choice! Keep us informed.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:23 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Congratulations Rick, Many years of enjoyment.
Be Safe
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:13 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Congratulations Rick, I know you will enjoy your new coach. We also have the Vectra 40TD and really enjoy it.

Gary & Susan Mears
2007, Vectra 40TD
Gary_Phoenix, AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:49 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Congratulations to you Rick. I believe you made a wise purchase. Please keep us advised of your new Tour experience.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:18 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations Rick I agree the Tour is a good choice. We had planned on a Journey when retiring in a few years. Winny however really goofed with the new Journey and its poor choice in motors, as well as other things for 08. We may elect to move up to the Tour as well. Please do let us know how things work out.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:03 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Congrats on the new Tour. We have been fulltime in our Vectra 40 TD for almost a year now and have found it to be very comfy to live in. Which direction will you be heading in when you get it setup for travel?

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:22 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations on the new Tour. I too am one of envy. For us retirement is just around the corner and we had been considering a new MH. Don't know if I can afford a Tour and the 08 Journey is some what of a disappointment.

I will look forward to hearing your new adventures.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Many thanks for all the kind replies. We should get the coach next week and are looking forward to it. This is kind of a different approach since it is being delivered to our RV site and we will move our stuff from the Meridian to the Tour (I have several friends lined up to cart the stuff). My kind of move!

We also looked at the new Meridian and Journey, but wanted the full pass through storage, so opted for the Tour. I'll keep you posted!

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
Old 02-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Congrats Rick. I know you will enjoy your new home. Don't be afraid to ask for help or PM me with any questions. We have only been full timing since November but I don't retire until June. So, I'm really pleased with your decision. Good travels.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Congrats on your new coach.

I expect you looked at the FD & WD floorplans as well. I am curious to know what yo like about the TD vs the others. We started liking the FD then the TD came out and we were going back and forth over which we might get then the WD came out. The WD seems to have more cabinets and a bigger kitchen that the TD so it is the new Fav.

With all the improvements happening and with other brands doing some neat coaches it is getting hard to decide. hopefully our house will sell this spring and we can go drive some - that may tell us a different story.
mrmrsbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrmrsbb:
Congrats on your new coach.

I expect you looked at the FD & WD floorplans as well. I am curious to know what yo like about the TD vs the others. We started liking the FD then the TD came out and we were going back and forth over which we might get then the WD came out. The WD seems to have more cabinets and a bigger kitchen that the TD so it is the new Fav.

With all the improvements happening and with other brands doing some neat coaches it is getting hard to decide. hopefully our house will sell this spring and we can go drive some - that may tell us a different story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our requirement was a complete bathroom with shower, potty and sink in a one room configuration without having to walk thru a split bath setup.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:24 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Way to go Rick - congrats on a beautiful rig. Just curious, what exterior did you get?

We seriously (or me that is) trading our Adventurer 38T for the Tour 40TD but we don't have use for a diesel yet. We also checked Monaco, Tiffin and Newmar and the only other one that I liked above the Tour was the Dutch Star 4320 (or was it 4304?). Anyways, we had to get up to the 43+' in order to find one that we thought was a comparable/better rig. You made a great choice!

MrMrsBB - We like the TD models or our T due to the living room area with the couch directly across from the TV and fireplace below, it makes it like a home. Also as Jim pointed out, the bathroom all together in one 'room' and a separate hallway provide a very open layout. Also our kitchen counter space on the T beats all the rigs I have seen our there, including the TD and the DW really likes to cook.

Kyle

W24 8.1 Vortec
Kyle241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

We liked all the Tour models, but ended up with the TD since we wanted the all in one bath, a Euro chair and the front kitchen. Plus, the wife did not like the U shaped dinette (I thought it was cool, but....). The other item that we liked was the increase in tile flooring area in the living room. After looking at the Monaco, Phaeton, and Tour I believe that we got the best value with the Winnie.

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD