Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2018, 12:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Warranty Work ??

Looking for a good place close to Casa Grande AZ to get some Warranty work done on my Winnebago Vista. The fan in the bedroom stopped working. Any idea how far a heady would need to book an appointment. Thanks
MinnieKJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Use Google to ask, "Mobile RV service near me". That should bring up a name or two. Then check the company names at RVServiceReviews.com for reviews.

It's such a simple job, you might consider tackling it yourself. Might be one of those fans with a built in fuse and just have a blown fuse.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

If you're looking for WBGO service, check here https://winnebagoind.com/service

Most service centers are months out. Worst, if you did not buy it there.
747Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

So after buy my Vista 29VE from La Mesa RV and taking it back the very next day for 19 issues and them having it off and on for 2 months, Then taking it to Affinity RV in Prescott and it was there off and on for 5 months I finally talked to Winnebago direct because I was ready to sell it I was so frustrated. They recommended to take the long drive to Havasu and go to 3-T's RV repairs. WOW! wish I went to them in the beginning. Not only did they fix all of the issues the other dealers couldnt seem to even find but they found 2 other issues I didnt even know about....... AND get this.... It was completely done in 3 days from the day I dropped it. YES 3 days! Not weeks or months like the other idiots that couldnt even find the issues. O YA, and I only had to wait 2 weeks for my appointment.

Dont mess with the dealers around here. Take it from my bad experience. Make the drive to 3-T's. They only fix RV's not sell them. So they know what they are doing and not worried about where you bought yours.

Thats my short version. I would be happy to share more if so interested. Just PM me.
jeepfamRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Here in Tucson, we have received good service from Merrigan's Road Runner on Wetmore & Flowing Wells. Have good things to say for Sandy's RV on Miracle Mile and I-10, also.

Snowbird season. Call ahead.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:10 PM   #6
Just Ama

Hi,
We live here in Casa Grande and when we have something that needs to be done on our RV's we use Norris RV located in Casa Grande.
RV Repair & RV Service in Arizona - RV Awning & Hitch Installation - Norris RV
They have done good work, and they can usually get things done quickly. If they need to order a part, they will tell you ahead of time and reschedule you when the part comes in.
They put in a rear air conditioner in our new Aspect 30J and it made a huge difference in our summer heat.
Give them a call when you get here.
AzLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2017 Journey and have driven from San Diego to 3ts in Lake Havasu City AZ for warranty work. We highly recommend them, plus they have a couple of sites where you can hook up overnight for 15$. They take it in to work on in the daytime. Good luck
Montyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:25 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

My advice has always been to get work done at an independent RV repair shop. And, if it's a "truck" issue, get it done at a good, commercial truck repair shop experienced in your brand of chassis.

RV dealers' number one priority is sales, not service.

Just make sure, if it's warranty work, to get Winnebago's authorization first.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:16 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We bought a brand new Winnebago Voyage Lite in February of this year. Used it all year with out a working refrigerator. No one would work on it because we did not buy it there and that includes the RV service place that finally did the work. We made two major trips out west without a refrigerator. If there was a way to do it we would of returned the unit and got our money back. There was absolutely no service from Winnebago. No help what so ever. We did finally get a new refrigerator under warranty from Dometic but that was not done until Aug. I will never buy another Winnebago.
lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:09 PM   #10
Site Team

Lucy, Winnebago didn't make your fridge. Dometic did.

Winnebago didn't refuse to work on your RV, some unnamed dealers did.

Winnebago didn't let you down and really shouldn't be the one you are angry with.

Let's start with the basics - how many times did you call Winnebago about your problem?

People think it's like buying a new car. Chevy made it, they're responsible for fixing it. Unfortunately, that's not how it works with RVs. Dealers are not required to provide warranty service. It's wrong. It leaves folks like you stranded. But that's the way RVs work.

I'm so glad you got a new fridge. I feel confident that had you called WBGO that they would have found a way to get your warranty work done right away and you wouldn't have had to gone half a year without a Fridge in your RV.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:01 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Wow did not expect to get flamed on this forum for sharing our experiences with Winnebago. creativepart I am not stupid, very much aware of who made our 5th wheel and who was responsible for fixing it. I called Winnebago for help so many times I lost count. Winnebago dealers did refuse to work on our unit. Authorized dealers who had contracts with Winnebago who were supposed to work on all Winnebago units. I am not going to waste my time trying to explain our experience with you. I will simply get off this forum.
lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:24 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Lucy,

Don't let one bad experience sour you forever. On balance, most responders are conscientious and trying to do their best to help.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:32 AM   #13
Site Team

Whoa, Lucy. I certainly wasn't flaming you. Sorry if my post was read that way. I was just commenting about the part of "never buying a Winnebago again" for a non-winnebago part's failure.

I hoped you'd agree that Dometic's product's issue was the cause and that WBGO didn't manufacture your Dometic fridge.

It's so unfortunate that dealers are so very short sighted that they put all their efforts into sales and none or very little into service. It's also unfortunate that RV manufacturers don't have the same power that car manufacturers have to requier their "Authorized Dealers" to repair the brand of RVs they are selling.

As I said, I'm so glad you got your fridge fixed.

No flaming intended. Honest.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:44 AM   #14
Just Ama

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy View Post
Wow did not expect to get flamed on this forum for sharing our experiences with Winnebago. creativepart I am not stupid, very much aware of who made our 5th wheel and who was responsible for fixing it. I called Winnebago for help so many times I lost count. Winnebago dealers did refuse to work on our unit. Authorized dealers who had contracts with Winnebago who were supposed to work on all Winnebago units. I am not going to waste my time trying to explain our experience with you. I will simply get off this forum.
Hi Lucy,
Please don't leave the forum due to comments made by one person on the forum. Generally speaking, from my experience on several Winnebago boards here, people are trying to be helpful and have given some very good suggestions on getting things fixed or providing work-arounds that have proven helpful. We have owned several high line RV's from Vogue (now out of business), Monaco (out of business except for really, really, REALLY expensive rigs), Country Coach (also out of business) and Tiffin. This is our first Winnebago and though we had a few 'bumps' we are very happy with the quality and service with our Unit. We went with Winnebago because they have been around a long time, and they were one of only a few Manufacturers who weathered the downturn in the Economy and remained in business. We bought ours from LaMesa and if you read some of the comments about them, there are good dealerships and there are not so good dealerships. The one in Mesa pretty much sucks.. but the one in Tucson has been our 'go to' place with our Tiffin and now our Winnebago. As for your fridge.. I am so sorry you had so much trouble with it. We replaced the fridge in our Tiffin twice.. and yes, it was a Dometic. In a perfect world, we shouldn't have had to do that.. nor should you have had to have a brand new fridge with problems. I hope that now that it's fixed, that you can get back to doing what you bought your 5th wheel for... enjoying the freedom of the Road Ahead.
Again, please don't judge the entire Forum on what one individual said.. In reading their post, I don't think (at least I hope they didn't mean it that way) they meant to demean you or the experience you've had.
AzLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #15
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Lucy,

Don't let one bad experience sour you forever. On balance, most responders are conscientious and trying to do their best to help.
Have to agree. I am new at this and at times dumber than dirt. I ask a lot of questions, some on point and some that some folks might consider not the brightest (guess my position in the litter shows at time)

This has to be one of the friendliest forums around with out a doubt. I have pretty well left one RV forum that it's almost a sport to flame and denigrate posters.
I know at times what we say or type doesn't come out the way it's intended. You did have a major problem that would have been a nightmare when you shell out a bunch of money and then felt you were left to "hang in the breeze"
I can understand your frustration. The RV Industry has gotten a horrible reputation for poor quality and even worse customer service.I hope if you have any other problems they are minor and are taken care of by your selling Dealer so you don't even have to reach out to the manufacturer for help.
Please stay with us.
It really is a good place to be.
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:20 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

One angle that isn't mentioned very often is "The Art of Complaining". As we can easily imagine, there are those who go nuclear right out of the gate. At best that immediately puts the customer service person on the defensive and scared to death. At worst it will make the customer service person completely unwilling to even listen let alone help solve the problem. Even though one may have a legitimate and/or potentially severe problem, its best to first establish a friendly relationship with customer service. I'm not talking about obviously buttering up and being sickeningly sweet, just be - friendly. Just a few seconds of "small talk" (but be very aware the other person may be having a very busy day, or maybe just got off the line with a "customer from hell") then start with how you like their product overall but you're having a problem with one aspect of it. Perhaps toss in that you know they may have not have caused the problem or maybe not directly responsible for it, but you need their help to figure out how to solve it. As long as you remain calm and understanding, they will almost always work hard to help. That said, I'll readily admit that once in a while you'll get a customer service agent that is just not interested in helping. Instead of going ballistic - which can be an understandable reaction - calmly ask for the name and phone number of the supervisor. If necessary keep climbing the management ladder until you find one willing to help. To sum up: the old saying we've all heard really applies here: You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".
Old 11-18-2018, 04:44 AM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
One angle that isn't mentioned very often is "The Art of Complaining". As we can easily imagine, there are those who go nuclear right out of the gate. At best that immediately puts the customer service person on the defensive and scared to death. At worst it will make the customer service person completely unwilling to even listen let alone help solve the problem. Even though one may have a legitimate and/or potentially severe problem, its best to first establish a friendly relationship with customer service. I'm not talking about obviously buttering up and being sickeningly sweet, just be - friendly. Just a few seconds of "small talk" (but be very aware the other person may be having a very busy day, or maybe just got off the line with a "customer from hell") then start with how you like their product overall but you're having a problem with one aspect of it. Perhaps toss in that you know they may have not have caused the problem or maybe not directly responsible for it, but you need their help to figure out how to solve it. As long as you remain calm and understanding, they will almost always work hard to help. That said, I'll readily admit that once in a while you'll get a customer service agent that is just not interested in helping. Instead of going ballistic - which can be an understandable reaction - calmly ask for the name and phone number of the supervisor. If necessary keep climbing the management ladder until you find one willing to help. To sum up: the old saying we've all heard really applies here: You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".
Wow, that could not have been said any better!
Asking for help instead of demanding help usually works much better.
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:20 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Curious how a 5th wheel discussion landed in the Class A section?
Old 11-18-2018, 11:23 AM   #19
Site Team

This thread started as a thread about warranty work for a Vista Class A. A poster with a 5th wheel posted on this thread about their problems with their 5th Wheel warranty repair.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:26 AM   #20
Winnebago Owner

Ah, I see - I got lost in there Sorry.