Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Vista Sliding Windows

Has anyone had a problem with the passenger and drivers windows rattling and make a lot of wind noise. I have a 2013 26he. I took it in for a recall on the windows and now the problem is worse than it was. I'am taking it back to the dealer Mclains in Rockwall to see if thet can fix it right this time.: angry:
poppy bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

My driver's side window makes noise....I have read that the window frame along the top can be rubbing on the body.....the fix was some sort of gasket....Mine does it off and on and I have not got frustrated enough at this point to pull it..
Old 04-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the reply. We had the MH out this weekend at Texasmotor speedway and a lot of the trim around the windows came loose. I have called my dealer and I'am waiting for a call. Will post what they do.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy bill View Post
Has anyone had a problem with the passenger and drivers windows rattling and make a lot of wind noise. I have a 2013 26he. I took it in for a recall on the windows and now the problem is worse than it was. I'am taking it back to the dealer Mclains in Rockwall to see if thet can fix it right this time.: angry:
Poppy Bill, I have the same RV and had EXACTLY the same issue. After the recall fix, the windows rattled and in my case, also would no longer lock properly. They would seem to lock, but would open with a little force. I took it back in the Winnebago authorized a repair. The note on the work order said the windows were "improperly installed by the factory" and mentioned that they "relocated the locks".

Hope this helps. Otherwise, I really love the 26HE!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Well, not just the 26s. Both front windows on my 35B have a squeak like sound. It sounds like it could be a sort of flexing of the windows against the frame. Given the complaints here, and the same complaints that I've read in other therads and forums, my squeaking could turn into rattling as the space between the two flexing componets gets larger from the friction of the rubbing.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I had squeeky D&P windows and had them fixed at the factory. The problem is the frame contacting the styrofoam wall insulation and the wall board. the fix, as I was told, was to remove the windows and clean up the opening and add a tape to keep the frame isolated. It helped alot, but I still get some noise on some big bumps. Dealers should check for factory proceedures. Oh yea, I first removed the screens and had no improvement, I have not put them back in.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I will be over by the dealer tomorrow and I'am going by to see what they have found out from yhe winnebago people. Will let you know what i find out.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Went to my dealer today and winnebago engineers have a solution to the problem. Mclains RV in Rockwall Tx. showed me on thier computer that the parts are on the way for the fix.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Great news, I hope you will be happy with the results. I was.....
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy bill View Post
Went to my dealer today and winnebago engineers have a solution to the problem. Mclains RV in Rockwall Tx. showed me on thier computer that the parts are on the way for the fix.
Let us know what the fix parts were or if there is a TSB on this......
Old 04-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2011 Vista 30W and have had the "squeaking" problem on the passenger side almost since day one. Our dealer tired to fix it and it did get better- for awhile. The only way we can get it to stop is to partly unlock the window. Works fine until the window comes completely unlocked and starts to slowly jiggle open. We just close it, re-lock and then partly unlock once the squeaking begins.

If someone does come up with a true, permanent, fix I'd love to know what it is.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:26 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

My dealer called my parts should be in Tuesday 5/15. If so I will take it in next week. will post the results of the fix as I plan to test drive before taking it from dealer.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Vista 26 HE side windows

I had the same problems from new, whistling windows and opened when locked. Dealer checked with Winnebago and was advised they had received a bad batch of windows. Both of ours were replaced, they now stayed closed when locked but whistle once in a while.
BBQ Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

I will be getting mine from the shop tomorrow. I will post the results of the repairs.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Picked up the MH today Friday 24th. They said they thought they had it fixed and told me to call if they still rattled so they could call the factory again. Well after the 20 mile ride home the rattle was not as bad but still there. I called and they said they will call about another fix. the noise is livable but annoying. So I will be going back when the come up with fix #3. oh before I left the dealer I looked on the dash and the passenger screen was laying there not in the window. real cool service.