Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

bunny,
thanks for the heads up, it was too bad winnebago did not fix it for you. many years ago jayco took a class C back from us. it was nasty, must have been a part night :-) at the factory. I hope your itasca is better for you.
john
leptronjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Thanx, John. We've had our Itasca Cambria 30C for a year now, have taken it on both long and short treks, and are truly delighted with it. Praying that the fun and safety will continue for many more years. Happy RVing!
bunny2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Our experience

We have a 2011 Vista 30-W. Took delivery April 2011. Have 23,500 miles on it now. Aug. 2011 we attended the Escapees Rally in Gillette. Talked to Henderson Line Up, Grants Pass, OR, and got a suspension kit (Koni Shocks, Front and Rear sway Bars, Rear Trac Bar, and Safe-T-Plus self centering steering kit), $4,000. We would not have kept the unit without this kit. The unit was nearly impossible to keep straight down the road, wind reaction was terrible, excessive lean when cornering. I'm happy to report that Hendersons did an outstanding job of recommending and installing equipment that works. It is now a pleasure to drive.
I just ordered a 5-Star Tuning kit, $400. I am not happy with the way the transmission shifts from 5th to 4th to 3rd on even slight grades with cruise control. When this happens the tac goes to 4,500 RPM's, and I think I can see the gas gauge retreat.
We also had MCD shades installed at the windshield (power) and cockpit side windows to replace the curtains. $2,000, but what a difference. We love the shades when parked, but the real advantage is being able to use them as sun shades when driving.
We bought the unit with nearly all options. We love the floor plan with the buffet option. I've done a lot of modifying on the unit, and expect to do more, but it is serving us well. The 2012 30T with the bedroom slide would be nice, but you lose outside storage. I'm 6'-3" and the bed is a SHORT queen, which we had never heard of. I extended the bed platform and added foam at the head of the bed. This makes it tight to get around, but I can sleep in it.
We keep in mind that it is a low end coach. So the walls are thin and light, etc. If I were giving advice, I would recommend to get what options you want, and expect to spend another $5-7k after delivery. I cannot imagine keeping the unit without at least the suspension upgrade. Just our experience and thoughts
Old 06-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Bobgray,
Now, that is a very good write up, honest and outright. It is hard to watch people who believe that buying the vehicle is the last item to complete. I believe that most of us rv'ers have had cars, jeeps, hot rods and know how to make the unite our way.
I have just completed installing the banks power system as Kathy and I head up hill in colorado each time we head out. that combined with our 5star tune completes my engine /transmission mods.
Suspension is our next item, right after installing a hot water mixer valve. turning on the hot water in the shower or kitchen sink and knowing it will be the same temp time after time is a biggy to us.
your shade system in the front is something we also want to do this summer. how did you get the part numbers to do this or did you go to a dealer.
john
Old 06-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #25
Winnebago Watcher

we had a 2012 30w. the motor home was built nice and we liked the layout, but the electrical system is terrible only 30 amp service where it should be 50 amps. called the manufacture about this and was told that with the price of the energy management system price it probably would not have cost much more to put a 50 amp servicein. with the energy mngmt. system everytime the air cond. came on it would turn off the tv and thius included the satelite. ower would come right back on as soon as ac was running but would have to wait for the sat. to reboot. also it was impossible to cool the m.h. in heat in excess of 90 degrees with the one ac unit. we got rid of it after 6 months and purchased a tiffin for 10,000 dollars more than the price we paid for the winnabago. we did take a bath on the trade in but are very happy now.
alv3769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

leptronjohn,
We agree about the water mixing valves. We'll try to have that done before next summer. We went to the MCD factory in McKinney, TX to get our shades installed. If possible I would go to the factory. If you don't want to go there, I would give them a call @ 1-800-804-1757, for recommendation on a dealer.

alv3769,
We too have a problem with the A/C keeping up. Particularly on a bright sunny day. Doesn't seem like the sidewalls stop much radiant heat transfer. We have a spot in far north, Idaho. Although we seldom have high temperature, our parking spot has our coaches back facing the afternoon sun. The rear wall gets very hot. I've considered adding an inch of foam on the inside of the wall. I'm also thinking about the possibility of a small A/C unit with a tube to duct the heat outside. I would need to either plug it into the 20amp receptacle or convert to 50amp with the ""2nd leg" powering the 2nd A/C. The only time we experienced the problem with 30amp you described was at a low voltage campground. When we started the microwave with the A/C running and the electric water heater on, the campground breaker tripped.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Our 2014 27N is exactly what we were looking for. We had 2 BTCruisers before this so it is definitely an upgrade for us. Love the storage, handling and space. We've only gone on 1 trip so far and have experienced no issues.
TravelDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:36 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Our first Motorhome was a 2006 Aspect that we enjoyed for a couple of years. We bought it used in 2010. This Sept. we traded it for a 2013 27n. We've put 3,000 miles on it in two trips and enjoy the interior space, walk around bed, storage area outside and in. There have been a few things that will need to be fixed...going to the dealer next week, but over all it's been fun and trouble free to travel in. The quality seems very good.
Problems:
Rattle in the large passenger side slide.
Fresh water dump valve has a slight leak
Hood stop, as mentioned in a post earlier, fell off when hood was slammed
I need instruction on how to play a dvd through the Television.
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

On both our front and outside TVs, we simply push the DVD in and it plays. You might want to check the settings on your TV to make sure you are using the proper input.
TravelDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:40 AM   #30
Winnebago Camper

We suspect something is not hooked up correctly behind the T.V. by the dinette.
We'll get to the solution when I take it in next week for some adjustments. We don't have an outside T.V., but we did put a DVD player in the bedroom and it works fine.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

sask66,
On the jensen player, you will need to push the aux button to tell it where the out put is going. you may have to go into the tv set up also but the aux should do it.
john
Old 10-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Thanks John. I'll try that today.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #33
Winnebago Camper

sask66
if that does not do it , holler and I will go out side and run through the whole set up. I struggled with min when i bought it last spring. john
Old 10-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #34
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by leptronjohn View Post
sask66 if that does not do it , holler and I will go out side and run through the whole set up. I struggled with min when i bought it last spring. john

Got it figured out. There was a bad connection behind the t.v. Works fine now.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:10 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

I have the 2011 26P and have had very few problems on the 11 k miles I have driven. Just a few minor problems. I expect that out of any vechile.
Smittty54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26p, 30w, sunstar, vista, winnebago