Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2014, 12:17 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Vista Drop Down Bunk & Queen Bed Comfort?

Hi all. We are new posters to this forum, though we've been reading the valuable info for some time. We own a 25' TT and are seriously considering a small MH. We have done a ton of research, looked at most everything under 30' and narrowed it down to the Vista 27N. It's four of us all together - hubby, wife, 9 year old daughter and 75 pound labrador retriever.

We like the 27N floor plan and features and the build quality seems superior to others in this category. We're curious - how is the comfort of the drop down bunk? Anyone else have a Vista with a drop down bunk and care to share thoughts on comfort? And how about the comfort of the bed too for that matter?

Thanks a bunch in advance!
Irene and Julius
irenenjulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:24 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2013 Winnebago 27N without the drop down bunk so I can't comment about that. For me the Queen bed was not that comfortable. I bought a egg-crate style foam mattress pad and put that under the quilted mattress pad. Solved the problem.

I love the 27N. The quality seems very good. In 6,000 miles since new I have had only two minor warranty issues. (Compared to a 23 item list for the dog of a Thor ACE I traded in on the 27N.) The fresh water tank siphoned down to 1/3 when driving and a fastner pulled out allowing the wood panel under the dinette to come loose. Both were quick easy fixes by the dealer. I like the large amount of counter counter space, the big wardrobe and large amount of storage. I did one modification to make it easier to operate the vent fans. I replaced the both the living area and bedroom ones with remote controlled Fantastic Fans using upgrade kits.
Finally Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

We have a 2014 30 T. WE bought a memory foam mattress pad for the queen bed and we find it quite comfortable. We are used to a water bed with a memory foam topper at home, so that's saying something;-)

My 86 year old father in law uses the drop down bed ( he prefers that to the jack knife couch bed). We put a memory foam pad on that too and he says it is quite comfortable.) Only issue is that the pad cannot stay on the bed and be able to close it up. We move it off and next to the solid piece off the drop down bed so that we can get even compression of it as we close it up. Not that big of a deal. Takes just a couple of minutes to make up the bed at night and put it away in the morning.

We keep a step stool for him to get up and down into the bunk. It stores easily under the couch.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

We have the queen bed in ours as well. We also put an egg crate foam cover on and its very comfortable. Some folks that are on the heavy side have not found the mattress comfortable.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

You might study the 30T option. The buffet floorplan has and sofa with the air bed. Its easy to setup when needed. Has a power inflator with remote control. Like previous post, we also added a foam topper the rear queen bed.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:05 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

We bought it today!! We take delivery Friday. We spent a lot of time with it again and it really has everything we want. And so many extra details. We're very excited!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:43 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Congratulations! When you get it post a picture...
Old 02-23-2014, 05:48 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Here's a photo from the dealer listing. Will post a photo we take when we pick it up!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2195489485.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	56777  
Old 02-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Picked it up today. All went well with the walk through with the exception of heavy rain making the drive to the dealer a real pain. We didn't take any pics once we got it home due to the rain, but I did snag a photo at a stoplight. (Hubby driving and me following.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2788716225.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	421.2 KB
ID:	57179
Old 03-03-2014, 11:20 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Congrats we love our Vista also!!!
That is a nice looking rig.
Same complaints as the other on the queen mattress though. Tried the topper but still not comfortable so bought myself a Christmas present of a sleep number bed. Now I am in heaven!!!
Enjoy the travels I think the Vista's are great.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HerbZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:42 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

We have been thinking of changing to the 27N but here that the ride is a little rough.
We currently have the View 24G, love the ride- it just floats along, but looking for more space both inside and out. Anyone interested in buying a Canadianized 2014 Winnabego View 24g with 25,000 km's
DWTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:44 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Vista drop down

If your 9 year daughter is sleeping on drop down , she proubly won't mind . If it is not comfortable go to wall mart and buy a memory foam pad . I have the same coach . Love it, have FUN
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:52 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Congrats on your new 27N! We picked ours up in January - then spent a month in Palm Springs figuring things out, and enjoying all the cool features.

I think it is a GREAT coach!

We found the queen bed firm - but that's what we like. Got great sleep.

Which dealer did you use? Kind of looks like the Northwest, with that rain.

Use extreme caution with crunching things with the slides - like dishwashing detergent bottles, rugs and bedside items in the bedroom, check way in back beside the bed, past the dresser. We also crunched a slide into the driver's chair. No, we're not that careless, there's just a lot of places to look! Same with the awning - the main door has to be only partly open to deploy it or to reel it in, because the arms is so close to the door.

As to the ride - it is quiet, and smooth - almost surreal at 70 mph across the night dessert highways - couldn't be happier with the quiet and the ride!

Put the tires at 82 psi, any more is too much, and get it aligned after it is loaded with your stuff. These two things, in addition to all the advances on the newer F53 chassis, make it handle like a dream.

If you want to PM me with any questions, I may have the answers - I have spent a lot of time figuring out what's what on this rig.

Enjoy!
danhannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:57 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your comments on the 27N. We are leaning more so now, to trading the view for the 27N.
Any other comments re likes or dislikes will be appreciated
Dave and Connie from Winnipeg Beach
DWTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:58 PM   #15

We sold our 2012 View 24J

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWTK View Post
Thanks for your comments on the 27N. We are leaning more so now, to trading the view for the 27N.
Any other comments re likes or dislikes will be appreciated
Dave and Connie from Winnipeg Beach
We sold our View for a 2015 Itasca Sunstar 27N, same as the Vista. We also loved the View but needed more room for extended trips. We hope to get the new coach withon a couple of weeks.
Larryjeans
larryjeans is offline   Reply With Quote