Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2016, 08:42 AM   #41
Winnebago Owner

The light under the bed has a switch on the head light control panel under the LCI control panel, The switch is a dimmer control. The light in the celing for the lift bed is a push on and off light.

Texas Boomers and FMCA members
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:07 AM   #42
Winnebago Camper

.... but the switch is on the left, under the window if I recall correctly. It is a rolling switch.

This.

It is the roller switch just to the left of the steering column beside the headlight switch.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:10 PM   #43
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrobath View Post
The light under the bed has a switch on the head light control panel under the LCI control panel, The switch is a dimmer control. The light in the celing for the lift bed is a push on and off light.
Thanks! The light I was talking about is definitely the push on/off light Dr. Many thanks! Also, I just found out that when you put a charger on the ship batteries, you're also charging the Chassis battery. (must be a diode in there or something) I don't have to worry about accessing the battery under the step for now. Again, thanks for the information!

Now, for my latest issue. I pressed the GFI test button for the socket under (near) the sink. I must have opened a circuit breaker when I did that, as it won't reset. Any one of you know where the outlet CB's are? I looked under the forward side of the bed, and the breaker panel on the outside by the driver. Where can it be???
Jayb03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:41 AM   #44
Winnie-Wise

There are CB's and fuses tucked all over the place. Best bet is just to call Winnebago and ask them if none of us have a quick answer. Unfortunately, the assembly line puts them in where ever they feel like. There is no quality control to have it consistent on any model of coach.

We went crazy looking for the fuse for the levelers. Called Winnebago, spent an hour with the service rep on the phone. He kept looking at schematics trying to figure out where they might have put the fuse. Finally gave us a big hint that it had to be screwed to the floor since it is part(or close) to the leveling unit. Everyone said it should be with several feet of the chassis battery which is by the door. Finally found it behind the driver, screwed to the floor above the CB block. Virtually impossible to see.

I wonder how much time we all pay just for mechanics to find these things.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #45
Winnebago Camper

Galley outlets

It turns out that my galley outlets wouldn't reset because they weren't getting power. They receive power from the generator or pedestal-not the batteries. Once I plugged in, they reset no problem-there was no circuit breaker to reset.

2016 Winnebago Vista LX 36Y
Old 07-03-2016, 07:23 AM   #46
Winnie-Wise

Winegard Trav'ler

I know our 36Y is pre-wired for a sat. dish on the roof but does anyone know if there is a mounting plate built in. I want to buy one but need to know if I need a mounting plate or not.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 07-04-2016, 09:13 AM   #47
Winnebago Camper

Microwave door

Does anyone have any tricks to keep the microwave door from popping open every now and then while driving on a bumpy highway?

Old 07-04-2016, 08:34 PM   #48
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayb03 View Post
Does anyone have any tricks to keep the microwave door from popping open every now and then while driving on a bumpy highway?

Our does not fly open at all. However, we take the glass tray and rack out while transporting. We were told the glass tray can bounce around inside the oven and hit the door open. We store ours until we arrive at our destination.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:34 AM   #49
Winnie-Wise

In our 40+ years of RVing we have never had that happen. Maybe a small piece of velcro to hold it closed. We have never removed the glass tray.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 07-06-2016, 08:44 PM   #50
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
In our 40+ years of RVing we have never had that happen. Maybe a small piece of velcro to hold it closed. We have never removed the glass tray.
This is very disappointing for me. The microwave operates just fine, but has become quite a nuisance. I was hoping it wasn't just my dumb luck...

Old 07-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #51
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayb03 View Post
This is very disappointing for me. The microwave operates just fine, but has become quite a nuisance. I was hoping it wasn't just my dumb luck...

What type of microwave do you have? Wondering if yours is different. Ours is a convection/ microwave combo and the door is pretty tight to just "pop" open. I'm not sure if the glass tray could bounce enough to pop it open, but since our sales and service tech had seen it happen before, we are removing the glass tray to be safe.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:11 PM   #52
Winnebago Camper

Did you figure it out about the satelite roof connect. I am planning on getting the dish traveler and would be great to talk with others that have done the same thing.
Benhicksphot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 12:50 AM   #53
Winnie-Wise

We had our installed agt a rally and I don't believe he put on a mounting plate. Did you check with Winnebago?

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 06-11-2017, 07:57 AM   #54
Winnebago Camper

We have the Traveler on our 35F. I think the unit comes with a mounting plate, if it is needed. Our coach was prewired. All works great with three TV's.
gmccash is offline   Reply With Quote