Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2016, 09:14 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

We just purchased ours and we LOVE IT. Lots of bang for your buck. The 1.5 bath is just awesome. Tons of storage and great weight capacity. We just can't say enough how lucky we feel in finding ours.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:36 AM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by partskenn View Post
We have owned our 2016 35F for two months now and love it.
I agree with others in that dumping our front black tank takes at most about two minutes before you hear the pump run empty.
We will be considering suspension upgrades because she does get blown around a lot by passing trucks.
After having the bath and a half, I don't think we could go back to a single bathroom.
Before spending big $$$ on handling go check out the Cheap Handling Fix thread. Be sure to do the front and rear sway bar mods.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:41 AM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
I'm glad (NOT) to hear everyone else has it soooooo easy when pumping their forward tank. I guess mine just isn't that good and must be screwed up.
Sounds like the impellers are worn out, there is a rebuild kit for these macerators, be sure to get the model # off yours before you go searching for the kit. 20 min. is too long to empty the forward blk tank, should only take a couple of minutes like others have posted.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

As I said above, we love our 35F. We think it's one of the best designed coaches in this category out there...but are very tough to find on the used market. It handles like a dream as far as we're concerned and the tail wag thing, never an issue with us. When turning corners in town, you do have to be paying attention to tail swing though. Now that we have had our 35F out several times, our 1/2 bath also drains & cleans out in about 2 to 3 minutes every time just like artgpo says.
The procedure I use is:
• 1st - pull and open valve on the passenger side right above the macerator pump (you'll hear all the waste bubble down for a second to the pump)
• Then walk around to the wet bay, push the front black tank macerator switch and hold it down which starts the pump...pumping
• And then quickly pull and open 1/2 bath black tank valve which is towards the back/right of the wet bay
• Keep switch pressed until your hear the pump not pumping any more waste and you'll also see it stop through the clear elbow going into your sewer hose. Then release switch, push in wet bay 1/2 bath black tank valve
• Walk back around to passenger side and push in 1/2 bath black tank valve above macerator pump

Done! Time to complete procedure...about 2 - 3 minutes.

Then I proceed to the big black tank and then finish off with the grey tank.

One thing I wish we had was a back flush valve for both of these tanks but neither one has one. I investigated on installing one but not possible. At least safely and securely. So, I bought a toilet cleaning wand and adapter hose from Camping world. Once I drain both black tanks, I attach the adapter hose to the sink fitting and the other end to the toilet wand, pull the level on the toilet like I was going to flush it and stick the wand down in there and spray that high pressure water all around the walls and wash any waste down into the bottom of the tank. Then remove the wand, and just use the hose to fill up the tank again about 1/2 way and then dump the tanks again. As a finishing touch, I add about 2 caps of Calgon to each toilet and fill each tank with about 5 gallons or so of water still using my adapter hose. Then, one more time...I go to the valve above the macerator and pull it out and push it in real quick. Do the same on the big black tank in the wet bay. I do this to lube the slide valves with the Calgon solution. All clean.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:46 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Both of mine have a black Tank Flush system on them, for the 1/2 bath it is in the Electrical bay and for the full bath it is in the Sanitation Bay.
I will be pulling the macerator piping apart come March or April and investigate what is going on with it.
As I have stated before Mine have never taken less than about 20 minutes to empty.