Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

vista 35b paint flaking

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131102_161358.png
Views:	216
Size:	528.2 KB
ID:	49107

I bought a new 2013 vista 35b in January of this year and several of my compartment doors edging has paint flaking off. I took it to my dealer in august and showed them. They said they had to contact factory and see what they say to do. I never got a call back. I have contacted them twice since then and they say still waiting for a response. As if they dont really care about my concern. This is my 3rd winnebago and always liked overall service and quality. This is a bit long to wait for a response isnt it? I thought id see what the consensus says before I go further. Thanks. Steve
shortboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortboxer View Post
I bought a new 2013 vista 35b in January of this year and several of my compartment doors edging has paint flaking off. I took it to my dealer in august and showed them. They said they had to contact factory and see what they say to do. I never got a call back. I have contacted them twice since then and they say still waiting for a response. As if they dont really care about my concern. This is my 3rd winnebago and always liked overall service and quality. This is a bit long to wait for a response isnt it? I thought id see what the consensus says before I go further. Thanks. Steve
Send an email with pics to WB. I am sure they are accustomed to having CDI, their third part painting contractor, make arrangements to fix their work, which IMO is sloppy and half$&@$ work. It sure isn't a"premium auto finish"....hello Earl Sheib.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You need to document this with Winnebago before time runs out on the warranty. Take photos, contact Winnebago service, talk to service rep, and send him the photos. Have him confirm receipt. If you are able to drive to Forest City, it woulld be best repair solution. If not able, work with them to find an accepable shop. Get it documented or you are out of luck. My experience with WB, is that they are good to work with. Forget the dealer and handle it yourself.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Yes ...I always went to Owner Relations on warranty items to document. They were much more responsive than dealers. Enail pics, etc to [email protected]
Old 11-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for these responses. I will get on this tomorrow. Steve
Old 11-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Don't know your location but if possible I would certainly look for another WB dealer.
The issues we had with cabinets were documented by myself and emailed to WB and we also had it docmented by a dealer which by the way was not the original seller..
Old 11-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Update: Called factory, they said they have not gotten any notification of this issue. Said would call dealer and find out whats going on. Later dealer called and said paperwork mustve gotten lost and now we will get on it. We will see what happens now. Thanks for replies.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Don't wait on Dealer, send info to WB directly. If they "lost paper work once, they will LOSE it AGAIN"
Old 11-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Are u suggesting getting the work done at the factory?
Old 11-06-2013, 04:57 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I would suggest it.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:31 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

It would be a long trip from maryland. I will look into it. I wonder if they would help with costs associated in getting there.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Sorry, I somehow got an idea that you were closer. Probably from and different thread. If it is a trim area, small, it is more logical to get it painted at home. Still, keep the factor service dept in the loop and the dlr on his toes.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

shortboxer,
Just plan on going to the Grand National Rally next July at Forest City. You would have a great time at the rally and they could work on your motorhome. Okay, maybe not next year but sometime you should go.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortboxer View Post
It would be a long trip from maryland. I will look into it. I wonder if they would help with costs associated in getting there.

Hey Shortboxer is it just me or is your Avatar sideways
Old 11-08-2013, 03:46 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

It is sideways. I have no idea why. It was straight on the phone when u took it? Smart phone, I dont think so.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #16
Winnebago Watcher

WB 5 star repair facility

Shortboxer, I don't where you are in MD but there is an outstanding WB dealer right off of I-95 just north of Richmond called McGeorge RV. I drove over 2 hrs (each way) as the manufacture recommended them to perform the body work repairs that jumped on my MH.

Virginia RV Dealer | Fifth Wheels For Sale in Virginia | RVs For Sale In Virginia
Old 11-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

I had very similar paint repair done at McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV center North of Richmond several years ago. They did good paint work and the problem has never recurred, but McGeorge later billed me for $517, saying Winnebago paid only half the cost. After I called McGeorge and Winnebago a couple of times each, Winnebago told me "it is taken care of, and I heard nothing more from McGeorge. Repair work I had them do was mediocre ...had to return to get a water leak repaired a second time, and had to take the rig to a truck place to get the headlight air corrected ...it was way off but McGeorge said they checked it and it was fine.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Thanks so much for all the great advice. Dealer called and set a date in early January for me to take it in and get the paint repaired as well as a few other issues. Hope this works out well. By the way said they will have it for 3 weeks. I'm not liking that. o well.