Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

I'll have to take a quick photo. Probably post it tomorrow. The computer desk is just a small metal computer desk I picked from Lowe's about 15 years ago. It has four shelves. Very simple and adequate.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Is the desk against the wall or perpendicular? Did you anchor it to the MH?
mrb604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:34 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

If you send an email address I will send pictures. My barrel chair was secured by the clamp on the floor from the factory. It worked perfectly with the frame of the desk. I haven't figured how to post photos in the forum.

Thanks

Richard
Old 02-22-2009, 04:14 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

We have a 31 ft Sightseer and have had it for going on 3 years. we had come from class c and was scared to go to big the first time.Looking back I wish we would have go a 35 ft one like you are looking at .We are looking to go bigger to a 34 or 35 ft in the future. We love ours but we would like a bigger shower and a bed room slide.We have looked at the Vista but do not like the storage doors and as most have said it looks cheep. There are a ton of late models on ebay with low miles on them.I think they thought a brand new coach would be great. But after the new car smell goes away I think there is a lot of buyer remorse.
ct78barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Just got back from our 2nd trip this year. Still a little cold, but we enjoy it.

We used our jack-knife couch for 1st night since kids fell asleep in our bed. Actually very comfy... only drawback is that I slid toward the middle, but can't complain since my wife is very cute!

We also pulled out our barrel chair. Replaced it with a 5 gallon water bottle with a top hand pump and our dog dishes.

We are looking at mounting a 4cf 110v fridge there. We nearly always camp with full hook-ups, so we're trying to get more cold food storage. Only draws 1.5amps when running so shouldn't be a killer for power drain. We'll see.
emmmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

One thing we did not like about the Vista is the location between the stove and the dinette. With a young child I didn't like the idea of the stove being that much more accessible and for spills, splats and everything else. We also have the 35J andlove it.
croberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mo View Post
Thanks, Tim.

I like our Bounder a lot. I mostly made a good call on it, but didn't account for the mix of kids we have. I already knew motorhome travel was good, but I have gotten the co-pilot fully on board now.

I think I know that the Vista would be a compromise, but it gets tempting when something factory new gets into range of the budget. I have spotted a used 35J advertised at a price that fits the budget if they will give me at least wholesale on my Bounder. Seems reasonable, but the RV biz really doesn't like trades right now and will sometimes have a whole different starting price for people with trades.
It's a long story, but I'd been researching the possibility of trading from an '04 Adventurer to a 5th wheel -

As near as I can tell, for 5th wheels at least, the markup to MSRP is between 75% and 90% depending on the dealer volume (but I have no inside info which some of you might) -

It was VERY possible, with a little research and flexibility on dealers, to trade retail NADA book on the coach to retail on the 5th wheel - and that's with the miserable coach market, especially when compared to 5th wheels.

SO - unlike cars/trucks - I think you should be able to come close to trading in your Bounder at NADA average retail for retail on a new one. Just don't expect to trade retail on your Bounder to wholesale on a new unit -

Best,

- Clay

'04 Adventurer
Old 03-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMcCardell View Post
As near as I can tell, for 5th wheels at least, the markup to MSRP is between 75% and 90% depending on the dealer volume (but I have no inside info which some of you might) -
The general rule of thumb that I've heard on RV mark-ups is that 25% off of MSRP is a pretty good deal. But in the current market a lot of conventional wisdom is out the window too.

Given that Fleetwood filed for bankruptcy today and that Winnebago is generally regarded as one of the manufacturers that's likely to survive the recession, I'm feeling pretty good about the deal I've made to trade my Fleetwood for a Winnie. My offer was for a little more than 25% off of MSRP. On the paperwork, both units have been inflated a bit, but the difference number is what I asked for.

As always, there's probably a little money left in the deal -- there has to be if I expect there to be a dealership around for service. And I don't begrudge people making some money either. It's a deal I can live with.

We are picking up our new 2009 35J this Saturday.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #29
Winnie-Wise

John congrats on the Winnebago, your comment "It's a deal I can live with." is the key to living happy and enjoying life. Don't look back if you are happy with the deal, there is always somebody that got a better deal then you did, and somebody that didn't.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Congrats on the new coach John. Enjoy and post often.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:49 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Congrats on your new MH! Our 35J has become an integral part of our life and I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours.
emmmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #32
Winnebago Watcher

Looks like I came in a bit late to the conversation. I have a 2008 32K Itasca and will probably have a 35J Sunova in a few days. In general the comments I saw that the 32K is a less expensive or entry level coach is about right. We have near 20,000 miles in two years. No problems with two minor exceptions, a leak in the water feed to the toilet and the thermister on the frig. We did add both a VCR/DVD player and a Digital converter. The rig is a bit noisy, the cargo bay that opens up above the floor and the lower level of insulation. I am looking forward to the quieter coach with the 35J. Definitely sold on the bunkhouse layout. We would not have bought or considered a rig without bunks. No need to make up the table as a bed.

A direct comparison between the 35J and the 32K is fairly easy. Both work for 4, no sweat, the 32k could handle 6 in reasonable comfort. I believe that the 35J will do it in excellent comfort and LIVABILITY. There is only a tad over 2 feet difference in length, but it has been put to excellent use. The entry is moved forward, the galley is linear as opposed to U shaped and although the dinette is smaller than the U table in the 32K it is more usable. The sofa is just better that the jackknife sofa in the 32K. The exterior is light-years ahead in the 35J, better doors, lighting, locks, hold opens. The finish is better, the windows are insulated and the tanks are heated.

Jim
Jim_N is offline   Reply With Quote