Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Vista 32K 2008 U-Table cushion Layout

I have had my Vista 32K since July '08 and STILL can't figure the right configuration for the dinette bed! I have been to the RV dealer. I have called Winnebago and NO one can tell me how to make those blasted cushions fit and make a reasonable layout for sleeping.

The cushions are different thicknesses and lengths. The obvious solution would be to use the seat backs from the ends and lay them where the table top is, since the seat cushions surround it otherwise, but they're about 5" too long to do that.

And then there's the two armrest type of pillows that I think play in to the configuration some how.

I feel like I'm playing Tetris in full life, full size and losing miserably.
Mydog8it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Yep, no real way to put the cushions down for dinette bed.

My solution was to have one cushion custom made w/ the exact demensions and I just stick it at the very rear on the side of rear bed when not in use, works like a charm.

Front & Rear Koni FSD's
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Greybeard, I was starting to think all my years of playing Tetris were in Vain. How frustrating it is, to tell someone "sure you can bunk with me tonight, just use the table", since it's the next largest bed to the rear bedroom bed. Then, you start laying out the cushions and feel like there's just something missing.

Sounds like I'm going to end up doing what you did. Annoying to spend so much money and they can't make a seat cushion to use as a bed. And oh the differences in the height are such a joy to sleep on, so I'm told.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I wish my Vista was out of storage because I have gotton mine to work. If my memory is right I used the two arm rest. I had one cushion I don't think I used at all. Anyhow when mine comes out of storage which should be any day I will post and let you know.
china 3
china3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I'd love to see a photo of how you configure it.

I have actually played the arm rests in the end, but I still used all the cushions. BUT some of the cushions were too long and hung out in the aisle.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Vista U bed

bed cushions.pdfOk I just tried this and this is how it went.
1. The cushion that is on the bottom by outside window put aside for now, along with the two arm rest.
2. The cushions on the seat close to the kitchen you leave completely alone.
3. Next you will work with the cushions close to drivers sea.The bottom cushion you pull towards the middle of the bed. The back cushion you just pull down and laid it flat. Now move the bottom cushion up against it.
4.Next lay the bottom cushion from the outside windows against one of the other bottom cushions.
5. Fill in with the arm rest.
I tried to attach a pdf drawing of this let me know if it doesn't work
china 3
Old 04-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

No PDF, but I'd LOVE to have the Pdf. My email is [email protected]

I'm going to try it tomorrow and see if I can make it work. THANK YOU so much for playing with it and explaining it so well!

Terri
Old 04-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I just sent an e-mail. Also if when I look at my reply, I just double clicked on the .pdf in the reply and it comes up . Also back out of the thread and at the topic there are 3 icons on the top right side. the middle icon is for attachments and double click and you will see bed cushions.pdf. Double click on that and it will show a drawing.
china 3
Old 04-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I got it. Thank you! Too bad the site won't let you imbed photos from places such as photobucket. I'm sure someone would benefit from your information.

Oh the cool thing, is that I finally broke down and got a blackberry the other day. The PDF opened in the blackberry ALSO!!!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for the layout, I have the Itasca version and tried for about 45 minutes to get it right. finally gave up and placed a fold up sleeping cushion on it to even it out. not the best nights rest but, my guests had the better sleeping areas. Now I know how to make it work thanks again
Saundra
Saundra45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

That's actually a good idea. Even a thin inflatable mattress would add to the smoothness, and would be easy to stow. Maybe I can find a nice rollup that doesn't take up too much room. Although, there's always the under seat area on the outside wall, which never seems to have anything wanting to live there for storage.

Tags
2008 vista, table layout, vista 32k