Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2015, 04:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Vista 27 N

Would like to here from owners of 2014-2015 27 N vista . How you like it, and what problems you have experienced and what you have done to the MH.
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:58 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2013 Vista 27N that I bought new. I like the very large amount of interior closet space and storage. It has the biggest kitchen counter I have seen in a coach this size, the pantry is huge. Good amount of basement storage too. I did get the upgraded dinette so the cushions are very comfortable. I have a small ottoman that I use for the front seats (the built-in passenger side footrest doesn’t do much.)

I have had only a few problems and they were fixed quickly under warranty. A wood joint in the “box” supporting one dinette cushion opened up, fixed with wood glue and an “L” bracket. The fresh water tank would siphon down to 1/3 when driving, the overflow was routed up then down forming an upside down P trap. There was a wet spot under the vanity sink from a loose faucet connection. That’s all in 2-1/2 years and 9,000 miles. The only thing I don’t like is the silly small hole in the bottom of the compartment for the sewer hose; can’t’ get the hose through with the fittings attached.

I have added a hard-wired Progressive whole-house Surge Protector, upgraded the vent fans in the kitchen and bedroom to multi-speed remote controlled Fantastic Fans with rain sensors, added a Maxxair vent cover over the bathroom vent, and installed a black tank rinse system. I wanted to use a tire monitoring system so I changed to “dually valves.” Only one thing I still want to do, add the three stage upgrade to the converter. Then it will be perfect.

I did the recommended alignment check after loading up for travel; no adjustment needed, and did the “Cheap handling Fix.” The ride and handling was ok from the factory but “rough.” I discarded the factory Bilstein shocks and put on Monroe RV Magnums. The ride is pretty smooth now.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

FINALLY TIME You may want to check with Winnebago about three state converter. DANHANNAH informed me my coach may already has this. I checked my operators Manuel , it says not to leave hooked up to shore power.(for long periods) I called Winnebago , give them my serial # and was told that it would not over charge my coach batteries as long as something doesn't fail. They said it will shut down once it gets to a certain charge on house batteries. It also charges the starting batteries. DANHANNA also has a 2013 hope I explained this enough! I would call Winnebago to see.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Speaking of Dan Hanna, have you heard how his trip is going? His last post said they were loving their 27N, haven't seen any other posts.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:25 PM   #5
Site Team

Great to hear about your coach and the initial quality! :-) I have had a similar experience with my 26 footer. I upgraded to the 4-stage converter/charger and now leave it plugged in all the time while in storage. I love always having the batteries at full charge since we do a lot of dry camping in state parks. If you have a single stage I would definitely recommend the upgrade! :-)
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

No I haven't seen any post from him. I would be interested in hearing ,if you contact Winnebago about the three stage converter and what they say.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:06 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Hello All!

Still travelling around the desert, and loving the 27n. As to the converter, 2014 was the first year for the 3 - stage, so Finally Time, with a 2013, was right to upgrade. She also added the black tank washer, but that became standard in 2014 as well.

I can't say enough good things about this coach - it handles well and it lives well - and aside from 7.5 mpg, life is good! It is a lot more money than other 27-30 foot coaches, but everything is done well and accessories are in place already - not a lot of need for options. If park voltage gets too low, an inverter kicks in. If someone is using too many hair dryers, load shedding occurs. Batteries stay charged and never overcharged. The engine heats the hot water tank as you drive. It has double pane windows, and is warm and quiet inside. The furnace is very quiet. It has the bigger AC unit, so it is easy to keep cool in the desert.

I didn't like the exterior TV being solidly screwed flat into the compartment, so I put it on a flexible arm. That improvement worked really well. The bed is a little hard, so we will have to figure something out for that. The biggest cupboard door in the kitchen wouldn't stay up, so that got gas struts.

Can't think of anything else to complain about!

Cheers,

Dan
danhannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Danhanna. You are a book of knowledge about 27N. Winnegego should publish all of these positives of this MH ( not just in operator'smanuel). Have you had any trouble with the jacks or slides. I would like to have knowledge of my 27N as you do. I see, i just need to study ! Hope you continue to have a good trip. Never been to desert. Maybe someday.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:11 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Glad to see you are still loving the 27N during your travels. I found the bed pretty unforgiving too. I bought a egg-crate style foam mattress pad and put it between the mattress and quilted mattress pad. Nice and comfortable now. The cat decided that's his place to snooze when we are moving, and like they say cats know comfort.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:40 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

You are right about bed , to hard . I got a memory foam mattrice pad (2 " thick) when We had in TT . Put it on MH mattress , makes for a good sleeping.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:47 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Finally Time,

Gotta thank you for taking the time to show us your unit, which was in storage last winter. That finalized the sale more than any dealer...
Old 03-13-2015, 11:04 AM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Our new Vista 27N

I'm a new member to this forum, so here's my two cents:

1. Took delivery in July of 2014.
2. After two shakedown trips to a local state park we found the following:

A slow leak under the kitchen sink. (Loose connection)

Small cut on the floor near the entrance. (Patched under warranty)

Cupboard over counter wouldn't stay open. (Fixed under warranty)

Mattress was too hard. (A deluxe topper from Bed, Bath & Beyond solved that)

The side step failed to deploy numerous times. (Motor is faulty and will be replaced under warranty this spring)

The manual says the drain for the fresh water tank is under the bed; it isn't. It's in the compartment for fresh water connection.

Cruise control didn't work. Winnebago dealer only handles the coach. We had to find a Ford Truck center to have this repaired under warranty.

Electric cable to driver's seat was disconnected. (Reattached at the dealership)

And yes, the opening to the sewer connection is small and requires some effort to get the hose through it.

3. Installed MaxxAir vent covers.

4. So, with the exception of the step motor and cruise control, everything was minor and easily taken care of by the dealer. Since then we've taken it for a week at Assateague Island with no problems whatsoever. We have a long driveway (3/4 mile) that is narrow, twisty and stone/gravel. The 27N is a perfect fit. Prior to this we had a 24' Winnebago Minnie. Storage space is fantastic both inside and out. We are currently panning a six week tour out West to California and returning via Death Valley, Big Bend and the Natchez Trace. All in all, we have no complaints about this unit.

Take care,
Chris
Old 03-15-2015, 06:39 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

We have the 26HE 2013..Just traded our 24ft B plus while on vacation in Florida..I drove it back home to Bettendorf Iowa and did not have any strange handling concerns as some others have..Just to be on board with the rest of the party I have done the CHF but have not given it a test run yet....We had freezing conditions and because the sewer hose did not fit through the standard hole in the heated compartment the door had to be left open I stuck an electric heater in there to guard against freezing.. anyway one of my honeydo jobs was to enlarge the opening...I removed the top cover and with a jigsaw and disc sander I cut just enough to facilitate the sewer hose, complete with attached fitting I re-installed the cover and now the compartment door can be closed with the sewer hose beneath the coach and with the furnace hot air duct heating it will eliminate any further problems..
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:38 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Vista 27N

We have had our Vista 27N since November 2014 and really like it. We have had most of the minor problems stated here, loose water connection, cabinet door that wouldn't stay up, mattress a little too hard for us, nothing major. The handling wasn't bad, but it improved after an alignment (increasing the castor adjustment).

A full fresh water tank will down siphon down when driving, or even when parked with the driver side down. Stilling trying to come up with a solution for this.

The major item that we had was the large passenger side wall slide was noisy and would walk out a inch or so when under way. The dealer stated that this was "normal" for these units and the only fix was to use side locks. I talked the Winnebago directly, and they stated the same thing. The side locks have solved this problem, and aren't to hard to use, just a little annoying.

We do a lot of boon docking, so we have added solar, and up graded the batteries to 6 volt Trojans. The 27N has lots of "big" TVs, which use lots of power!

All in all the 27N has been a great unit for us.

Terry
2014 27N Vista, currently in Arizona
twjacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:49 PM   #15
Winnie-Wise

To the owners of 27Ns,

I want to run a true hdmi cable from the Tivo in the driver overhead compartment to the Salon TV.

Has anyone figured out a route for this?

Too bad Winnebago put in old-school cables...

THANKS
Old 03-17-2015, 12:31 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Our 2014 27N came with a HDMI cable that ran from the overhead cabinet up to the roof, then down to the Salon TV. Unfortunately, the cable was defective, and the dealer had to replace it. They chose to run the new cable down the driver's side pillar, down to the undercarriage, then up to the Salon TV. I'm not sure of the actual routing since they the dealer did such a good job.
Terry, 2014 Vista 27N
Old 03-17-2015, 11:44 AM   #17
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by twjacks View Post

The major item that we had was the large passenger side wall slide was noisy and would walk out a inch or so when under way. The dealer stated that this was "normal" for these units and the only fix was to use side locks. I talked the Winnebago directly, and they stated the same thing. The side locks have solved this problem, and aren't to hard to use, just a little annoying.

Terry
2014 27N Vista, currently in Arizona
By "side locks", do you mean the "slide lock" bars that prevent the slideout from extending while driving? Did you purchase these or did you make your own using dowels with rubber end caps?

Take care,
Chris
Old 03-17-2015, 12:51 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Tracus, The Winnebago, through the dealer, provided the slide locks at no charge. They are fancy screw locks that you set and hand tighten at each end of the slide. They keep the slide from extending while driving. I don't find them hard to use, but the DW does. The front one is easy to get to, and she can remove/install it without too much effort, however, she finds the rear one harder to get to and difficult to tighten or remove. So the chore to install/remove them falls to me.

Terry
2014, Vista 27N