Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2015, 04:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Via 25T?

Thinking of buying a Winnabego Via 25T. Any thoughts?
recon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

You might want to post something like "Potential Winnabego Via 25t" in the subject line. It will probably come to the attention of more people who have them!

Welcome to the forum!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Yeah, I too kind-a chuckled at "6:00". Wondering, hmmmm, what's going to happen at 6:00, Y2K? Trump takes the lead? The lights go out in Houston?
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I've updated the title to jump-start responses.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:54 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

New or used?

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:50 AM   #6

We downsized from a 39' diesel pusher towing a Jeep Patriot, and have never regretted the decision, and we do not tow now. Just my DW, a small dog and me. We decided on the Via 25T for the huge outside storage, the twin beds/king beds, the view and extra room in the front cab, and the location of the tv. We love it. In the large full width storage area in the back, we have folding chairs, small folding table, bbq, cleaning supplies, tools, extra shoes and a bag with extra clothes. Also good storage under the couch and in the front cabinets. Before we bought it, I had my wife stand in the front and back and tell me where she was going to put all the "stuff" we needed to live. We like the separate beds in the back and use them as a twin, with the dog sleeping on the cushion in the middle at the top of the bed. Since we both get up and go to bed at different times, the separation was important, and with the bathroom door and the closet door open, it does give some privacy and separation. We carry canned goods, paper goods, wine, beer, dog food, a small vacuum and iron in the compartment to the left of the steps when facing the outside door. 5 Gallons of water go in the compartment behind the front wheel on the passenger side. All the sewer stuff, DEF, oil and lube sprays, and leveling blocks go in the compartment under the couch and next to the sewer line. I have only used the leveling blocks three times since we have had the Via. When travelling we get off the highway ASAP and take the many scenic back roads, getting 15-16mpg in Colorado and 17-18mpg on flatland. Real easy to set up and breakdown for travel, and we tend to camp 2 or 3 days in one spot, and then use the Via for sightseeing or shopping between campsites. We have only dry camped a few days in state parks, but there is enough water in the tank for quick showers and space for gray and black. We spent a month in AZ this past winter, and our front window had sun on it most of the day, so I used Reflectix to keep the sun out and keep it cool. Worked very well. If we had a different space, then we would not have needed the Reflectix. The Infotainment center is fine, but the reflection on the screen makes the GPS useless, so I placed a Garmin Nuvi on the small ledge to the left of the instrument cluster and it works fine. We also replaced the huge, heavy Winnebago table with a small plastic oval table I found at a marine/boat website, but most of the time we use the small fold up tables. Hope this is not too much information. Let us know if you have more questions. You will get more information on the Via forum on Yahoo [moderator edit]. You should also look at the View/Navion forum since there are lots of similarities.
Buffalo Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:00 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for providing such a thorough reply. Really appreciated
recon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Hi there! Planning to do the very same thing!
regards, be safe!
Iony
Iony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:01 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Buffalo Bill,
Thanks for the detailed information. It really helps us evaluate this size unit when you include all the great details. I especially like the idea of folding tables that are lightweight as the one that comes with it is too heavy for me. Where do you store them when on the road?

Thanks!
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:31 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Infotainment center is fine, but the reflection on the screen makes the GPS useless

I had a 2013 Forest River Solera and had the same problem with the in dash GPS. I used a RV specific GPS unit since I could not see the in dash screen due to the glare. On another forum one possible fix for the was to disable or disconnect the daylight driving lights from the back of the entertainment center. This would take the dimming function off so that the screen would be more visible. I got rid of the Solera before I got to that "fix".
Devilsquid is offline   Reply With Quote