Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-29-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Vesta Dishwasher in Adventurer

Has any one installed a Vesta DWV303DB dishwasher in an Adventurer? I have seen a lot of Fisher Paykel posts, but none for the Vesta. The Vesta is on sale at Camping World for $259 and another $50 for hoses and trim kit. We are looking at putting it in in place of the top two drawers under the cook top. The sink drain goes right behind this area and looks like it would be easy to connect to. There is a vacuum breaker at the kitchen sink that should also handle the dish washer. Any comments?
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I installed a covection M/W and removed the oven and installed a full size Kitchen Aid Drawer (top of the line) dishwasher and this thing is so quite I never notice it running and it runs almost every day. I installed a cooking top over the dishwasher
Old 09-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2002 Adventurer 35U. I wonder if I could replace the current microwave with a convection microwave as Ron55 sugests, then remove the oven to add a dishwasher?

Ron55, where did you find the stovetop?

I need to find out if the 38G has a lot more counter space than the 35U.
jdefant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I put a Vesta (I think it actually had a Danby label) under my mom's sink in her '99 Adventurer, behind the doors. Same setup won't work in her '01. Doing the Fisher Paykel under the fridge like mine for her.

She got the first one at Meijer (local Walmartish chain) for $99. I think you can do better than Camping World.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:11 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron55 View Post
I installed a convection M/W and removed the oven and installed a full size Kitchen Aid Drawer (top of the line) dishwasher and this thing is so quite I never notice it running and it runs almost every day. I installed a cooking top over the dishwasher
That sounds like an awesome idea! We sidelined the idea of having a dishwasher because we didn't want to lose the drawer space but giving up the gas oven for a convection MW would be easy. How difficult was the process?
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

It was not that hard. I had to enlarge the oven opening on the left next to the drawers with a jig saw about 1 inch. 1"x1"x7" wood supports the plywood that the dishwasher sets on. My coverter/charger is on the floor underneath so I just pluged the dishwasher into the same receptical. Ran the dishwasher drain to the top of the sink drain vacuum braker. spliced into the sink hot water line and done.
I purchased the same brand cook top (magic chef) that was the same as the orignal ovencooktop so it fit and gas hook was the same.
I purchased the KitchenAid at lowes and it was about $900.00 I wanted the most quite one I could find and it is and does a good job. We use it almost everyday for the past year.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the info Ron55! It sounds like a good project - a little bit more challenging for us since our entire kitchen is in a slide. How about the convection microwave - any issues there?
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:21 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

No, I had sharp so I went to the sharp web site and got the measurement of both and they were the same. A little different mounting in the back but nothing hard only about an hour to remove and install. Do a search on here and you wil find how to remove the microwave.