Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2005, 08:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

There is an outside light above the electrical (shoreline) compartment and the manual on page 7-7 says the switch is inside the compartment. I find one switch that is part of the light for the compartment and only 2 wires (+ and -). Anyone know where the switch for this light? Bulb tested OK.

Towing a 2011 Honda CRV
Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:37 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

There is an outside light above the electrical (shoreline) compartment and the manual on page 7-7 says the switch is inside the compartment. I find one switch that is part of the light for the compartment and only 2 wires (+ and -). Anyone know where the switch for this light? Bulb tested OK.

Towing a 2011 Honda CRV
Old 02-08-2005, 08:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

On my 2001 35U Adventurer the same switch turned on both.

On my present 2004 the switch in the compartment turns on the outside light. The compartment lights are controlled by a contact switch on the door frame.
Hopes that helps

Bill.

Toad - GMC Envoy
bsmith8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I read your post again and thought maybe I needed to add that the light switch was in the compartment where the water and sewer connect.
Bill

Toad - GMC Envoy
Old 02-08-2005, 09:51 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for trying, but the switches in the compartments only operates the light in that compartment, and there is no other switch on the compartment door. The water connection compartment has a black switch, and the electrical compartment just has a switch on the light itself inside the compartment. Otherwise, there is only the master light switch at the main entry to the coach.

Towing a 2011 Honda CRV
Old 02-08-2005, 10:28 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Harding
I just looked at the electrical diagram for your coach on the winni web site and they show a switch in the water connection compartment and right next to the pump switch. It is labeled "switch-service lamp". Is this not the switch you are looking for?
Bill

Toad - GMC Envoy
Old 02-08-2005, 10:59 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

On my 2003 Suncruiser 33V there was a small compartment light in the electrical cord compartment. That was a standalone basement light that was fed off the switch located in the entry stairwell along with the other basement lights. This light and switch had nothing to do with the outside light over the hookups area that you are looking at.

The outside light is hooked up in parallel with the interior light that is in the water-sewer service compartment. There is a rocker switch in that compartment that will turn on the light inside that compartment as well as the outside light. They both go on at the same time. If your water service compartment light goes on and off with the switch, but the outside light does not, I'd look at the outside light to see if it has a bad bulb in it.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 04:33 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, must be bad wiring, since the bulb for the upper light tests fine. We figured it was connected to the rocker switch, makes sense. Thanks for the reminder about the wiring diagrams on line.

Towing a 2011 Honda CRV