Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

TVRemoval 2004 Adventurer

Need help how do I go about removing the old non digital tv in the front of my 33V?
I see caps covering screws underneath, does it drop / fall down ?
Old 10-21-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouRobin View Post
Need help how do I go about removing the old non digital tv in the front of my 33V?
I see caps covering screws underneath, does it drop / fall down ?
First step is to put a towel over the defroster vents so you don't lose anything down them! Then remove the little plastic caps over all of the screws in the plastic 'tub' under/behind the TV. They should snap out with a little gentle prying via the small notch. This exposes a bunch of screws that all need to be removed. If you have a central sun visor under there you'll need to remove that as well. (The 'tub' will still be attached to the wooden face frame by screws from the inside.)

Remove the center speaker above the TV (if you have one) by snapping off the cover, removing the screws, and unplugging it.

The wooden face frame is held in with a couple of screws through the cabinet walls on each side. When those are removed the whole assembly should tilt out at the top and then come down and off.

Disconnect everything plugged into the back of the TV!

The TV inside will probably be secured in its metal cage via a metal bar across the top and double-sided tape or foam below. Undo the bolts holding the metal bar and the TV should come out. CAUTION: It's heavy, so you REALLY should have someone else to help you remove it!

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Chris gives great directions, and yes that thing is really heavy "double grunt and a 1/2" heavy!
workinrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:45 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Yup...what he said.
Putting a 32" flat screen up there is one of the best mods we've ever done.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Btw, here's my front TV install: Front LCD TV install in 2005 Vectra (Long)

Old 11-02-2017, 06:16 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We made a sliding frame on our Vectra 40AD when we replaced the TV using drawer runners from Home Depot etc, now we have a great storage area for the RV manuals and all those things you NEED, but only occasionally!! Made a large "L" shaped shelf with a cabin door turn-buckle!!

Vectra 40AD based in Beautiful North Wales. UK.
Bigpeetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:02 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

See page 11 of your parts diagram:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...04/4wfg33v.pdf

Simplified is remove face frame #4, loosen bolts on clamp bar #10 and slide TV out the front. There may be double sided tape so you may need to rock it to get it loose and yes those old CRT based sets can be very heavy. There is usually no need to remove the plastic tub unless you plan on deleting it instead of using it to conceal some storage shelves behind the new flat panel TV.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:01 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

At least on my 2005 Vectra the plastic tub is (or was) attached to the wooden face frame with screws from the inside--accessible only when both are removed together. I actually left those screws out when I re-assembled mine after putting in the new TV.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBROWN View Post
Yup...what he said.
Putting a 32" flat screen up there is one of the best mods we've ever done.
Me too, Although By the time I had it close to finished (everything installed just not stained of sealed). That was a 2005 Damon Daybreak(The photo at the left). I traded for my first new 2012 Winnebago. But not my first Winnebago. My first was a 1996 Adventurer(which I traded on the Daymon).

My Father in law had a cherry 18ft 1975 Brave that I pretty much owned before he sold it. He was really angry when the guy he sold it to Gutted it and redid the inside. I told him that once sold it was out of his control as to what he did with it. Kind of like selling a real 32 Ford that was factory correct and having the buyer turning it into a hot rod.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:34 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I replaced mine last summer. I installed a piece of engineered wood against the back metal frame and installed this mount from amazon:
Mounting Dream TV Wall Mounts TV Brackets for Most 17-39" Flat Screen TV, Full Motion TV Mounts with Swivel Articulating 18.8" in Extension Arm, up to 60lb VESA 200x200, Perfect Center Design,MD2413-S

A 32 inch tv fits perfectly in front of the old frame. I didn't try to mount it inside and remodel the wood opening. I'm not that talented. The tv I bought was a TCL smart tv with the speakers on the bottom front. I have it hooked to the HDMI from the dish receiver and cable from the over the air antenna.
mdka99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, removal, vent