Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2007, 08:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

I'm updating my 27" Sony to a 37" LDC in my Itasca 40FD. My floorplan has the TV in the slide and above the fireplace. I've removed the top wooden trim strip (it was stapled on) and can see the heavy bracket the TV is mounted to but can't see any way to get to the screws for removal. Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:36 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I'm updating my 27" Sony to a 37" LDC in my Itasca 40FD. My floorplan has the TV in the slide and above the fireplace. I've removed the top wooden trim strip (it was stapled on) and can see the heavy bracket the TV is mounted to but can't see any way to get to the screws for removal. Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 11-22-2007, 09:41 AM   #3
B K
Winnebago Camper

I did the same thing in my 38J. Should be the same setup. The big hoop is bolted thru the shelf with bolts from underneath-used a 9/16" socket wrench. You'll have to remove the fireplace. Also, there was a bolt at the rear that bolted thru the shelf to a bracket attached to the rear of the Sony-philips head-also removed from underneath. Then there are two wood screws that go thru brackets at the top of the hoop. Also philips. I think you just have to loosen these so the hoop can raise up. The brackets are slotted.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

BTW what LCD are you going to install?

B K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:29 AM   #4
MrG
Winnebago Camper

Location: at exit 308 on I-65 between Huntsville and Birmingham
Rick or B K, do you have any pix of installation or tear down your attempting? I would like to upgrade my 27" to a larger LCD also. John
Old 11-25-2007, 07:09 AM   #5
B K
Winnebago Camper

No, no pics but they wouldn't show much anyway. I picked the TV and then made it fit. It was just slightly wider than the opening so that was perfect. However, when I put the TV in place, the stand stuck way out and I didn't want to push the TV deeper so with a little trimming with a belt sander was able to install the stand in backwards and it fit great. I made a clamp system that basicaly sucks the TV frame against the interior face frame of the cabinet. Then put a screw thru the stand into the shelf. So far no problems. Big improvement. Lost alot of pounds and great viewing. About the only thing I didn't like about the 2006 38J was that Winnie was still installing CRTs in the rigs.

B K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:26 AM   #6
MrG
Winnebago Camper

Location: at exit 308 on I-65 between Huntsville and Birmingham
Thanks. I'll do a little checking for LCD's that fit and also try to peak behind mine (no fireplace underneath) and look at Winnie's diagrams for '05. John
Old 11-25-2007, 08:12 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Thanks BK. That looks like it's going to work. I haven't finalized my sellection of LCDs yet but am leaning toward the Sony Bravia.

I'm currently doing the same thing with my bedroom TV and it looks like I can replace the 20" LCD with a 32" Bravia. It really is a choice driven by the dimentions of the unit more so than the features or quality.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD