Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-30-2014, 05:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

TriMark key fob 2015 Tour help

Both key fobs are not working or working intermittently. Last night didn't work and then started working. Worked today when we left MH but then didn't work when we got home. Worked once to open cargo but now won't lock cargo or work for door. The red light flashes and I think it was steady before. Checked battery in one unit and tested 2.94v but put new battery in. Still does not work. Where do I go from here???
Old 12-30-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter41 View Post
Both key fobs are not working or working intermittently. Last night didn't work and then started working. Worked today when we left MH but then didn't work when we got home. Worked once to open cargo but now won't lock cargo or work for door. The red light flashes and I think it was steady before. Checked battery in one unit and tested 2.94v but put new battery in. Still does not work. Where do I go from here???

I believe the access to relearn them is in the drivers feet area behind a panel. When you pull the harness out you should see a red flashing light.
The reset instructions and troubleshooting was in my manual.
I had a key fob go bad and needed to program the new one for it to work. Hopefully reprogramming yours will correct the problem.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We have a similar issue with our 2014 Ellipse. I believe our problem is because of where the remote receiver is located, behind the magazine rack by the navigator's seat. When I'm in certain locations around the RV it stops working, then starts again as I move.
Maryland
MusicRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I'll have to search, but someone mentioned the issue with these systems is that they operate on a frequency that is subject to noise from other devices. There was no "fix" offered.

That said, Trimark is still around, unlike the earlier SCS systems, contacting them may be worthwhile.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:59 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Open the door, look on the door jamb, hinge-side, for 2 brass colored buttons. There will be 2 matching ones on the door (If your coach is equipped the same as mine). These are contacts to provide the unlock/lock signal for the door latch actuator. Mine occasionally get corroded, lose contact, and the remote lock will not function. Polish them to remove tarnish, corrosion,etc then try the remotes.
According to TriMark the only way the system loses "paring" is for the chassis battery to be disconnected for a time.
There are many threads about the TriMark system on this board if you care to search for them. Another great source of information for the TriMark system is rvforum.net board.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:41 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
I'll have to search...

Found it:

"Turns out their keyless entry system is on 433 MHz and gets interference from all your other equipment that uses 433 MHz like your TPMS system, outside remote sensor for temperature, etc. Tri Mark found this out when another manufacturer who uses the same keyless entry system had the same problems and found their customer had something on the same 433 MHz frequency that was stuck in a transmission mode and that was how they finally figured out what the problem was. But, I have not heard back from Tri Mark with the solution to this problem even though I specifically asked to be kept informed."

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:25 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Found it:

"Turns out their keyless entry system is on 433 MHz and gets interference from all your other equipment that uses 433 MHz like your TPMS system, outside remote sensor for temperature, etc. Tri Mark found this out when another manufacturer who uses the same keyless entry system had the same problems and found their customer had something on the same 433 MHz frequency that was stuck in a transmission mode and that was how they finally figured out what the problem was. But, I have not heard back from Tri Mark with the solution to this problem even though I specifically asked to be kept informed."
I thought you had the answer but pulled my external temp transmitter and it used 915 mhz. I found the TriMark receiver behind the passenger magazine rack. Still intermittent working. Can not figure our any common occurence. I did see that there is antenna rolled up in there so next I will unroll but fob didn't work when placed next to the antenna. Called TriMark but they are closed till Jan 5th.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:57 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Found it:

tdronne: Your answer hit the nail on the head for us! I checked my tire pressure monitoring system and it also transmits on 433 MHz. Guess I'll have to live with the issue because I won't be removing the TPMS. Thank you!
Maryland
MusicRocks is offline   Reply With Quote