Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2006, 06:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

As the subject says, local dealer got a 35J in.

I'd miss some of the niceties of our Adventurer, some of the stuff I'm sure I almost take for granted, but it sure is a neat layout.

Couple things I noticed. Water tank is under the bed. Takes up about half of the underbed space, but there's still quite a bit left. You can see the tank and down to the hookup bay with the bed lifted. $.59 of luan would finish it off nicely, if a few other folks notice it, maybe they'll do it. Does free up some basement space. I currently store store some outside stuff under the bed, would be nice to have it outside. Having the bed fixed adds space under the bed, but having the closet wall slide out makes the closet a little smaller. No desk/vanity as I'm used to, two drawers under a small counter area instead.

Speaking of storage, there certainly is a lot in the basement. AC on the roof opens up not only the space the basement AC takes up, but the cold air return space too. I knew that we went with the Adventurer, a definite drawback of the basement AC, not unique to the 35J.

Bathroom is actually pretty roomy. With the toilet facing the shower, the shower ads room visually, and really does add a little elbow room.

It'll be interesting to see how the sales go. Its at the high end of all the bunk models on the market. I'd like to see a bunk model Newmar Canyon Star, it's a step up from their entry level Bay Star, but priced about the same as a Sightseer.

I'm also curious if they'll do a Voyage/Sunrise version. It would put the features at about the same level as our Adventurer. It'd sure have a large MSRP, and they are still UGLY!

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

As the subject says, local dealer got a 35J in.

I'd miss some of the niceties of our Adventurer, some of the stuff I'm sure I almost take for granted, but it sure is a neat layout.

Couple things I noticed. Water tank is under the bed. Takes up about half of the underbed space, but there's still quite a bit left. You can see the tank and down to the hookup bay with the bed lifted. $.59 of luan would finish it off nicely, if a few other folks notice it, maybe they'll do it. Does free up some basement space. I currently store store some outside stuff under the bed, would be nice to have it outside. Having the bed fixed adds space under the bed, but having the closet wall slide out makes the closet a little smaller. No desk/vanity as I'm used to, two drawers under a small counter area instead.

Speaking of storage, there certainly is a lot in the basement. AC on the roof opens up not only the space the basement AC takes up, but the cold air return space too. I knew that we went with the Adventurer, a definite drawback of the basement AC, not unique to the 35J.

Bathroom is actually pretty roomy. With the toilet facing the shower, the shower ads room visually, and really does add a little elbow room.

It'll be interesting to see how the sales go. Its at the high end of all the bunk models on the market. I'd like to see a bunk model Newmar Canyon Star, it's a step up from their entry level Bay Star, but priced about the same as a Sightseer.

I'm also curious if they'll do a Voyage/Sunrise version. It would put the features at about the same level as our Adventurer. It'd sure have a large MSRP, and they are still UGLY!

Old 10-16-2006, 06:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

IMHO, the nicest "bunk" model is National RVs Surfside DE34E 2 bedroom, one with bunks, 34' gasser. Note the queen bed is a full size at 60x80, not the short queen.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:07 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I'm glad to see some of the manufacturers are responding to the needs of families who want to travel in class A's.

If Winnebago would come out with a bunk model pusher in the 36 to 40 foot models, I'd be interested.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:45 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Looking at the Winny site. I see they dropped the 35U. Now only have 35A or 35L Adventurer.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:23 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Wow, Your're right. Th e 35U is gone in the Adventurer. I didn't realize that and I'm surprised as it always seemed such a popular floorplan. I suppose the 35L is very close so hopefully it will be as popular.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:34 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvten:
Looking at the Winny site. I see they dropped the 35U. Now only have 35A or 35L Adventurer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently the most popular floor plan that Winnebago makes now, as Fleetwood copied the 35a floorplan exactly!!!

We love our 3 slide 35A!!!
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Anybody seen the Itasca Sunover 35J yet? Our kids are young - 3 and 1 - and I'm wondering how high the bottom bunk is and whether they've including safety rails. The Danon coach we viewed has low bunks (good for us) but no rails or ladder (not so good).
Old 10-29-2006, 01:53 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

There was a picture of the Sightseer bunks at the Winnebago Industries University page a few days back:

Sightseer bunk picture

Old 11-27-2006, 11:41 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Stopped again with the family to the the 35J. Of course they love it. Wife says our next motorhome will have bunk beds. It'd be really really hard to gie up some of the features of our Adventurer. I hope there's a new Voyage soon with bunks (and maybe a revised better looking front end!).

Salesman did say that Winnebago has dedicated a whole line to building 35J's. They have never done that before. Sounds like it's a hit.