Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #41
Winnebago Owner

Tire Pressure Monitoring systems (TPMS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
I upgraded to the color monitor and it a vast improvement in clarity. Well worth the money.

BTW, my understanding is that the batteries are not run down if you remove the sensors from the valve stems when not in use. Our rig is in the shed for the Winter, or at least until after the first of the year and I have the sensors and monitor here in the house. I simply mark on a piece of masking tape which tire they go to and stick it on each sensor. Only takes a few minutes to reinstall them.

As to batteries, they were helping me configure my system I was told the same thing - no battery drain unless they are installed on the valve stems.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:36 AM   #42
Winnebago Camper

I also have the eeXRV system and like it. Sometimes I leave the tire monitors on and sometimes take them off depending how long the coach is stored. My last trip one tire was not recording so thats telling me it is time to change out the batteries. I replaced them 2 years ago.
As for pressure, this is how I do mine. According to my 4 wheel corner weight, the tire sheet says 85 in front and 80 in rear. I add 5psi to make it 90 front and 85 rear. I set my monitor to minimum tire pressure alarm to 85 front and 80 rear.
This way when my alarm goes off, it is letting me know I’m at the minimum tire pressure for that tire/corner. It is time to pressure it up to my 5 psi safety factor to be safe. I always run my tires a few pounds above the minimum cold pressure scale to NEVER run my tires lower than required. This is from a tire engineer Roger Marble who is on these forums. Look up his blog, there is a ton of info that explains how and why steps are done this way. Good Luck.........
MrMudstud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, tire pressure