Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2015, 06:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Thoughts on Vectra

I'm still in the hunt for my first MH. Like the Journey 36G, but just discovered the Vectra 36RD...36', 4 slides, 330-350hp, Allison 6spd. Who out there is a satisfied owner of one who would share your impressions? Thanks very much.
Birdie66b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We are four years the owners of a 2005 40FD Vectra. It is four slides and has the 6sp Allison tranny, too, but has the ISL400 engine. We have had a number of repairs, but nothing major. Does not handle as well as I wish it would, but is much more stable than some of the others we had tested.

Some will tell you that the Vectra is weak in the 12volt department -- I did not have any real problems with it, it was just a small system on a MSW converter. Regardless, we elected to replace the Norcold with a residential fridge, and when we did that, we also upgraded the coach 12volt electronics (we wanted solar).

We've had to engage the Winnebago CS a couple times with complete satisfaction there, too (even had to return something purchased in error, once).

In all, it's been a very reliable and enjoyable coach for us. Enjoy the search! It's part of the adventure!

\ken
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

We've been very happy with our 2005 36RD. We ordered it in December, 2004 and picked it up at the end of February, 2005. It's been a great coach--I haven't seen another coach layout that I like better.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:30 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Curious about kitchen sink access with the slides in...as in a quick overnight while traveling...also any issues with all the kitchen wiring, plumbing, etc being in the slides? Thanks for your reply. I really like the bedroom wardrobe storage, as this will definitely ease the transition to full timing for my wife!
Birdie66b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:09 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZaficionado View Post
Curious about kitchen sink access with the slides in...as in a quick overnight while traveling...also any issues with all the kitchen wiring, plumbing, etc being in the slides? Thanks for your reply. I really like the bedroom wardrobe storage, as this will definitely ease the transition to full timing for my wife!
That's one of the good things about this layout--just about everything is accessible and functional with the slide in. It's not as convenient as with it out, but it works. We haven't had any issues with the plumbing, etc. in the slides. Btw, we have the dinette layout.

Our maiden voyage in 2005 was a 5 1/2 week, 11,000 mile trip around the country with 6 adults aboard! We had a great time and the slides meant we had plenty of room for everybody.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:56 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
That's one of the good things about this layout--just about everything is accessible and functional with the slide in. It's not as convenient as with it out, but it works. We haven't had any issues with the plumbing, etc. in the slides. Btw, we have the dinette layout.

Our maiden voyage in 2005 was a 5 1/2 week, 11,000 mile trip around the country with 6 adults aboard! We had a great time and the slides meant we had plenty of room for everybody.
We have had our Horizon 36RD for a year now and have been very pleased with it. We purchased it originally because it was the most luxurious coach that I could find and still fit in my garage which has a 12 ft. 2 in. ceiling and is 40 ft. in length. I have completely renovated the interior and updated the TVs and radios. The coach is well designed and is a lot for the money. My advise is go for it. There aren't a lot of them around however so good luck.
[email protected]
B Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:19 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Curious about kitchen sink access with the slides in...as in a quick overnight while traveling...
AZaficionado: Accessing the sink is easy, if I remember your floorplan. Don't think of the sink as only a stand-in-front sink. Think of it also as a stand-on-the-side-of-it-sink. When the slide is retracted you cannot get to the front of the sink, of course, but you can get to the side of it. For the short-term, using the sink sideways will work just peachy! \ken
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote