Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Television Removal 2006 Itasca Sunova

Does anybody have any kind of illustrated guide or step by step instructions on how to remove both the front and rear televisions.
Thanks
Frank
frankjudyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

First welcome to the forum

Second, I assume that your front TV is located in the front with a cabinet on either side of the TV ... if that is the case then there are threads that will be helpful to you

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/tv-removal-121532.html

There have been lots of posts on removal and replacement of TVs ... use the SEARCH function on this forum ... and enter TV replacement ... you will find hints on how to remove the TV ... things to consider about features of the replacement, etc.
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

The front TV appears to be the same set up as in my Sightseer. If so there are several (six?) wood plugs on the frame around the TV. They can be pried out and the screws behind them removed to remove the frame.

Then there are nuts on each side that can be unscrewed from bolts in a steel strap surrounding the TV.The strap is connected to the rectangular steel tubing that forms a frame for the overhead cabinets and is part of the steel frame that surrounds the whole front of the cab.

On mine there is access to the bolts through cutouts in the cabinet walls on each side of the TV.

You can see some of the steel framing in the pictures of my TV change out HERE. Look for the one tittled "Old TV Removed"
Old 11-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay L View Post
The front TV appears to be the same set up as in my Sightseer. If so there are several (six?) wood plugs on the frame around the TV. They can be pried out and the screws behind them removed to remove the frame.

Then there are nuts on each side that can be unscrewed from bolts in a steel strap surrounding the TV.The strap is connected to the rectangular steel tubing that forms a frame for the overhead cabinets and is part of the steel frame that surrounds the whole front of the cab.

On mine there is access to the bolts through cutouts in the cabinet walls on each side of the TV.

You can see some of the steel framing in the pictures of my TV change out HERE. Look for the one tittled "Old TV Removed"
I'm interested in taking a better look at my old t.v., specifically, it seems that something has loosened up in the cabinet (it may even be the cabinet) as I'm getting a lot of squeaks and noise coming from that area.

Here is a picture with the frame removed, and I see around the t.v. a rubber molding, and I can see a total of six screws at the top of the t.v. into the roof. (No way I can access them to tighten them up without removing the t.v.) How do I access this area, pulling the t.v. out so I can tighten all the cabinet and mounting screws, and however the mounting works to the t.v.

Thank you. RT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome_TV.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	50021  
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Open the access doors on either side of your TV. There are access holes about 1/3 to 1/2 the way up. On each side of the TV, inside the holes is a nut that tightens a strap that runs over the top of your TV. To remove you TV remove the nuts that tightens the strap. You will probably need help as the TV is very heavy and don't forget to remove cables, and chords that provide power and signal to the TV.

Save travels.

JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Click this LINK to view pictures of TV replacements.

This is a link to TV replacement on Winnebago RVs and it contains lots of pictures.

Some people on this link take the easy route of putting in a 2X4 and mounting their TV mount on the 2X4. Others take the route I took and turned the space their old CRT TV used into cabinet space and mounted the new flat screen TV in front of the new cabinet space.

You will be able to look at lots of pictures from lots of TV replacement projects and pick something you like.

Here is a link to pictures of my TV exchange project.

Safe travels.

JD
Old 11-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
Open the access doors on either side of your TV. There are access holes about 1/3 to 1/2 the way up. On each side of the TV, inside the holes is a nut that tightens a strap that runs over the top of your TV. To remove you TV remove the nuts that tightens the strap. You will probably need help as the TV is very heavy and don't forget to remove cables, and chords that provide power and signal to the TV.

Save travels.

JD
Thank you very much Yellowboat; I'll take a second look over the weekend. Would sure like to button down those squeaks!
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

JD (Yellowboat), That is the best replacement I've seen for this TV. Did you make your moldings and trim or purchase them someplace?
bandirector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thanks. I can't take credit for the design as I copied from several other people. I am happy with my results.

Survey of CRT TV to LCD replacements is the link I used to look at Winnebago TV replacements.

I bought maple and made all the parts I needed. I took the picture frame trim around my old TV to a local paint store and they custom blended stain so that my new wood would match my old wood.

Safe travels.

JD

Tags
itasca, removal, television