Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2005, 03:29 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

I know I've read about the broken hanger on some models of the Journey....mine is broken...called Freightliner to order another and they advise there are no hangers other than the two large hangers around the muffler...they suggested the coach manufacturer must have added hangers.

Is that the case? If so, I guess I need to contact dealer and have him order one from Winne.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 03:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I know I've read about the broken hanger on some models of the Journey....mine is broken...called Freightliner to order another and they advise there are no hangers other than the two large hangers around the muffler...they suggested the coach manufacturer must have added hangers.

Is that the case? If so, I guess I need to contact dealer and have him order one from Winne.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:55 PM   #3
RLS
Winnebago Owner

smlranger, go to this site and you can see any part and part number for your coach.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/%7Eservice/submenu/2002.htm

Bob
00' Journey 36L, 97'Saturn, Blue OX, Brake Buddy.
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 03:16 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

It's a known problem - the bend radius in the Winnebago supplied hanger is such that it breaks at the bend. One doesn't necessarily need a Winnebago part - and tailpipe hanger will work (and at much lower cost)
RedT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 04:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Red:

Thanks for the suggestion. I plan to remove the broken hanger this weekend. Will take it to a truck parts store and see if they can give me something that will work.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:25 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I found ours was broken when I first brought the motorhome home. I thought that the delivery driver might have backed the exhaust tip into a curb or something and broke it, but since it was broke at the bend where everyones breaks, maybe it was just fatigue.

Anyway, I just fabricated a new piece for the bracket that broke. I don't remember the details now, but it wasn't a big thing to make. I do recall maintaining the rubber flex portion of the hanger, but replacing the metal. Hit the truck parts store, or your local home depot for a piece of steel strap and a couple bolts and you'll be good to go.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Removed the hanger this afternoon. Now that I have it off, it would be pretty easy to fix it. The dealer has agreed to send a new one along with a couple of other items so I may end up with a spare.